Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stylocool

My Industrial Show Flat @ Punggol Emerald

TV Console Reno

My TV console made using i-beams and of cos more steel. It's wielded to the shoe cabinet and bolted to the wall. ID uses the barn door concept to hide the HT equipments with wire mesh glass panel. Very nice and won't obstruct the IR signals. Initially our ID came up with a crane design with steel cables to hook onto the shoe cabinet. Something you see in Keppel where all the containers are. But as our shoe cabinet is too big and HDB ceiling height is too low, we have to scrap the idea so we ended up with a pulley design. There will be a big wheel on the left with cables attaching to the TV console. This completes the overall design.

20140703_165823_zps299f5501.jpg

hello, very interested in how the barn door concept with wire mesh glass panel would look like! Can share some pictures on it?

thanks... very creative reno!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hello, very interested in how the barn door concept with wire mesh glass panel would look like! Can share some pictures on it?

It's still work in progress. Basically i have all the HT equipment on the shelvings to right. I can slide the barn door to the right to hide all the equipment out of sight. Because it's frosted (somewhat) glass, it will not block the IR signals.

Corridor Reno

Nothing much we can do for the corridor so i just got those hanging cage lights. Where? TB of course. Bought some edison bulbs as well and will be using those for the house warming.

20140703_165324_zps0cd20f81.jpg

As we didn't get the doors from HDB, we have to get our own doors. Shockingly, there is only that much designs to choose from and definitely none of them looks industrial. So customise again lor. At first wanted to make it like a door in a ship. The door with a round window in the middle with steel grills leh. Too bad not enough Vitamin M especially when there are 3 doors to do. So we thought of making it looked vintage (just paint and sand it down) for a change. Think i have too much industrial design in the living room so nice to keep it simple here. Still some element of industrial design. Check out the hinges. Probably will paint the handle black also.

17_zps1146e0bc.jpg

Can share your tb recommended links please? I'm super overwhelmed by tb and dunno which merchants are good

Awesome place and concept btw!!!!!!!

hi there i was looking at the barn door design too.

Care to share the guy's contact?

Hi,

Everything is through my ID so i dont have the contractor's contact.

To those who are asking me for the quotation of my reno, i feel it's not relevant to share it cos everyone's concept, design and needs are different. Unless you are intending to renovate your place exactly like what i have if not there is nothing to compare. To be frank, i don't even have a finalized quotation even now as we have made a lot of changes along the way. We decide to proceed with the reno first. Like what my ID said, if you appreciate design then you will not talk about cost or discount. There is a price to pay if you want to be different. A lot of the interesting reno i've seen in magazine cost around 70 - 90k to do so mine is no different.

Edited by stylocool

• Like 4

To those who are asking me for the quotation of my reno, i feel it's not relevant to share it cos everyone's concept, design and needs are different. Unless you are intending to renovate your place exactly like what i have if not there is nothing to compare. To be frank, i don't even have a finalized quotation even now as we have made a lot of changes along the way. We decide to proceed with the reno first. Like what my ID said, if you appreciate design then you will not talk about cost or discount. There is a price to pay if you want to be different. A lot of the interesting reno i've seen in magazine cost around 70 - 90k to do so mine is no different.

well said! :good:

• Like 3

Last weekend went to do some area cleaning (floors, wardrobe, kitchen, wardrobe island, kitchen island, etc). Added pics on tv console (up close) and kitchen island.

Uploaded the pics on the barn door at the tv console area.

Can share your tb recommended links please? I'm super overwhelmed by tb and dunno which merchants are good

Awesome place and concept btw!!!!!!!

Corridor Reno

Nothing much we can do for the corridor so i just got those hanging cage lights. Where? TB of course. Bought some edison bulbs as well and will be using those for the house warming.

20140703_165324_zps0cd20f81.jpg

Hi i really really like the hanging cage light you have picked. If you are so kind to share with me link from TB?

• Like 1