Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

lovescandi,

saw your track light order from Taoba. Next time if need to change light bulb or replacement have to order from Taoba again?

Nope don't need you can just buy it anywhere in Singapore. However I bought spares for all the lights from the same seller in case :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

I scroll back but did not manage to find the link for your down feather cushions n the cover.

Mind sharing again ?

Thanks

Hello,

Here you go:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.92.nP9iRO&id=18387027489&ns=1#detail

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.9.HZErrD&id=17052131900&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=

Weekend update:

Today tiler came in to do the kitchen base + 2 toilet kerbs. Was there as well to do up my craftbrick wall. Saw contractor J sending in my walk-in-wardrobe and he mentioned they will be installed by next week. Hubby loved the drawers for then entire wardrobe as they were all soft closure and the finishing was great - now I'm certain my carpentry is in good hands!

After I saw the process of them preparing the wall to be overlayed with craftbrick, I could totally understand why the brickwall quoted by all the IDs/contractors was so pricey - it was a lot of work for a single wall.

Anyway, Contractor J came in to do the frame for my craftbrick wall before the tilers started to prepare the wall for craftbrick. Was very impressed with Contractor J's in house spray painter - after the raw wooden frame was mounted onto my feature wall, the spray painter started 'sanding' the frame, and spraying my frame with a huge air-brush machine with a few layers of base coat before going it over with his black spray with several coats.The effect of the frame was so so smooth and perfect.

Can't wait for the craftbricks to be up by next week!

gallery_62588_461_51198.jpg

And a new addition for the bathroom - Grohe Icon Rainshower :D

The halo-shaped spray face reduces the aesthetic volume and delivers a large full spray thanks to the perfectly aligned shower nozzles and GROHE DreamSpray® technology - will do a review on this after I move in!

gallery_62588_461_136962.jpg

I have a china professional painter contact where he paints an entire 4-room for $550 (paint you need to buy yourself, I got mine from Winly Paint at Lavender) so I didnt use contractor J's painter.

How is the painting ? was it up to standard? if yes, mind sharing the painter contact?

How is the painting ? was it up to standard? if yes, mind sharing the painter contact?

Hi there, I haven't gotten my painting done yet. My sister has also engaged him, will review and share if he is good when he's done, thanks!

Nice loots you got! Can i have the TB link to your door alarm :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway do you mind take a picture of your walkway with the tracklight in the night? Interested to see how bright or dim it can be... thanks!!

Today's update:

Contractor J's workers came to fix up my walk in wardrobe and I was really pleased. The layout we decided ultimately to fit what hubby and I need was perfect. I was even happier with the space right on top to place my handbags as the height was great for my bags with handles.

Anyway we chose American Walnut laminate for the internal laminate of the wardrobe - if some of you didn't know, the typical wardrobes are all white laminate and coloured internal laminate costs way more however Contractor J understood my budget restraint and gave me a discount for the coloured internal laminate :lol:

Also, I came back to check on the house in the evening when it was completed and was speaking to another uncle working for Contractor J. He was there to pick up the workers and send them home - then while I was speaking to him, I realised that all the workers working for contractor J are either Singaporeans or PRs. The driver told me that it was very important because bigger ID firms what they do is they go to the checkpoint everyday to pick up all the Msian workers and send them to the job site since labour is so cheap. When the workers don't want to work they can just not turn up and they are not obligated to possess good workmanship.

The reason why he told me this is because I told him actually I was contemplating between an ID and contractor - and he said lucky I take contractor J cause he is a very responsible contractor. Even after 6 months if anything wrong he will come and fix. He told me other IDs once they handover they will entertain you for some months and after that if any problem crop up with the house, they won't bother entertaining you at all.

Contractor J also gave me soft closure in my walk in wardrobe for all the drawers - super pleased! He told me over the phone he had also gotten an electrician to run lights in my wardrobe so at night I don't need to switch on the light and just need to slide the aluminium black frame he's fixing for me and the whole wardrobe will automatically light up, love love the idea!

Today tiler also finished my craftbrick wall but haven't put a protective layer - once he's done so I will post up the craftbricks I purchased from TB, IT LOOKS AMAZING!!

Can't wait for the entire house to be done especially my kitchen and living hall! How's my progress so far?

gallery_62588_461_205698.jpg

looking very good so far.. all the pics u post make me tempted to get Contractor J too haha as initial I wanted Contract K haha

by any chance.. r u also in the FB TB shopping group and just posted a brick wall pic? haha

Edited by xiaohuiis

Today's update:

We realised that one of contractor J's in charge forgot to conceal our TV wiring in the brickwall box up!! He was so busy that day coordinating the installation of the cabinets and kitchen/toilet kerbs that he didn't stop the tiler doing the craftbricks and he overlayed the entire wall instead.

Anyway I already anticipated some screw up but this is quite upsetting for me cause I wanted my brickwall to be perfect with the TV mounted on it. Now there are several options which hubby is discussing with them but either way its no longer the same.

Well, screw ups are typical in renovation as long as its not too major. Like for e.g. I bought some stuff which the size didn't fit etc etc but I learn from them and understand that some measurements during reno is not just so straightforward.

Apart from this, so far Contractor J has been very accommodating and doing up everything according to schedule + the walk in wardrobe he has done up is beyond amazing - no major screw up until this brickwall (and its not his fault, his worker) so yap, I can't complain, can I.

Kitchen cabinet will be up next week! Till then ...

Craftbricks purchased from Taobao, SUPER DUPER LOVIN' IT! :dribble: :sport-smiley-004:

gallery_62588_461_19461.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely ~ is it exp to buy the bricks from TB ?

And just curious, if u conceal the TV wire behind the brickwall, should your TV fault or what or need to change , how to do it ?

Like example, this TV spoil, u buy a new one.. Then how u going to put the new TV de wire inside the brick wall again ??