Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Spent the long weekend cleaning up some vintage sewing machines my dad and aunties bought for me! Guess where these vintage sewing machines are going to be?

Anyway these are the before images. They were really rusty and dirty but we managed to clean them up!

gallery_62588_461_115007.jpg

How it looks like after cleaning it up and removing all the rust, dirt. Using different chemicals (thank God I have a very handy husband)

How do you think it looks?

gallery_62588_461_24902.jpg

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Spent the long weekend cleaning up some vintage sewing machines my dad and aunties bought for me! Guess where these vintage sewing machines are going to be?

Anyway these are the before images. They were really rusty and dirty but we managed to clean them up!

gallery_62588_461_115007.jpg

How it looks like after cleaning it up and removing all the rust, dirt. Using different chemicals (thank God I have a very handy husband)

How do you think it looks?

gallery_62588_461_24902.jpg

curious and looking forward to see what u gg to transform this into..... :good:

From your ID selection process/ bed selection process, I can see that both you and your hubby are very meticulous and passionate people. For people like you, you don't need 3D and I'm sure you'll be able to guide the contractor well. Or make him do it again and again till it's what you want! haha.

Good luck for the rest of it and well done on the cleaning of the sewing trestles! I wouldn't have been able to do that.

From your ID selection process/ bed selection process, I can see that both you and your hubby are very meticulous and passionate people. For people like you, you don't need 3D and I'm sure you'll be able to guide the contractor well. Or make him do it again and again till it's what you want! haha.

Good luck for the rest of it and well done on the cleaning of the sewing trestles! I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Hi Dwinsplace, thank you for your compliments! Not sure if we're really meticulous but its our first home so we try to pick everything in detail while infusing the design and functionality aspects of the product. My contractor I have shortlisted, let me name him Contractor J, seems to grasp what we have in mind so thank God we're in good hands, I hope!

curious and looking forward to see what u gg to transform this into..... :good:

Thanks Kelhy, look forward!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today Updates:

Electrician came over today to plan our electrical wiring. Apparently they work very closely with this Malaysian electrician which IS SO PROFESSIONAL. He's extremely meticulous and experienced even though he looks quite young (30+ years old) and planned out our electrical wiring so well ultimately. Im gonna get his number the next time he comes so I can call him directly in the future if I need electrical assistance :D:D

As we are using tracking lights for the scandinavian look, there was some hiccups to the electrical wiring layout which we thought was fine until the electrician pointed out the problem and how to 'clean' up the look on the ceiling so there won't be too many conduit all over. He also shared the best ways to do certain lighting points and electric points in the entire house and kitchen. Am very confident to be in safe hands for my electrical wiring even though he's not started yet.

Anyway he mentioned he'd come in to start with our wiring on Thursday! Yay! :rolleyes:

Its always great to have good sub contractors who are knowledgeable and take pride in their job (Which is like super rare nowadays)

Seems like things are moving fast and you are in very safe hands. :good:

Its always great to have good sub contractors who are knowledgeable and take pride in their job (Which is like super rare nowadays)

Seems like things are moving fast and you are in very safe hands. :good:

Hi Songz, thanks for dropping by! I do hope all my good sub contractors are of similar standard to the electrician I met yesterday!! Thanks for your compliments!

Last week while I was out for a meeting, I chanced upon a shop in Lavender called WINLY PAINTS PTE LTD. Realised their nippon paints, everything you needed for painting a house are like 10%-25% off other hardware shops so I was exhilarated! E.g. Nippon Odourless / Easywash 5 litre paint is only at $60+ instead of the $80-90++ other shops quoted me. I saw many contractors pulling over their shop along the main road to buy their paint so figured they must be one of the lowest around! If you're looking for paint + accessories, you can check them out!

Today, I took a plunge and ordered $4,000 worth of stuff from Taobao. It sounds really crazy because even my freight forwarder also called me to confirm I indeed made such a big purchase.

Fingers crossed everything comes intact! Anyway, I made an excel sheet with each individual item + price in RMB + price in SGD + quantity + URL to organize the orders. Thanks to a friend, I also managed to alias with all the sellers using china's version of MSN and negotiated for price and shipping. For items with power point plugs, I made sure they changed it to Singapore's 3 pin plug because previously I ordered a vacuum cleaner and the plug was a huge headache.

Can't wait to share my taobao purchases!! :lol::sport-smiley-004:

Edited by lovescandi

Camping to see your purchases :good:

$4000 is many many things, I only bought like $2000 worth!

I'm really pinning my hopes that things arrive safely and as they are, thanks for popping by!

I bought $1,000 and my friends thought I was Siao. Haha but it's quite addictive! Looking forward to see what you've bought

TB is seriously addictive. My original purchase was about $3k and I have no idea how I managed to want to buy $4k worth of stuff haha. Fingers crossed, I say :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While fiddling with different modules of my walk in wardrobe, here are some modules which I created (using photoshop) to suit my room with exact dimensions! Well, thing about using contractor is that you have to be preferably precise in what you want so I thought I better come up with a photo to show him instead of verbally explaining what modules I need in my wardrobe. By the way, I told my contractor that I wanted coloured laminates for the internal instead of white (as advised by all my friends) and internal coloured laminate actually costs more in case some of you didn't know.

The third module from the left is actually for my dresses which is longer in length :sport-smiley-003:

Which do you guys prefer?

gallery_62588_461_119746.jpg

or

gallery_62588_461_32492.jpg

Last week while I was out for a meeting, I chanced upon a shop in Lavender called WINLY PAINTS PTE LTD. Realised their nippon paints, everything you needed for painting a house are like 10%-25% off other hardware shops so I was exhilarated! E.g. Nippon Odourless / Easywash 5 litre paint is only at $60+ instead of the $80-90++ other shops quoted me. I saw many contractors pulling over their shop along the main road to buy their paint so figured they must be one of the lowest around! If you're looking for paint + accessories, you can check them out!

Today, I took a plunge and ordered $4,000 worth of stuff from Taobao. It sounds really crazy because even my freight forwarder also called me to confirm I indeed made such a big purchase.

Fingers crossed everything comes intact! Anyway, I made an excel sheet with each individual item + price in RMB + price in SGD + quantity + URL to organize the orders. Thanks to a friend, I also managed to alias with all the sellers using china's version of MSN and negotiated for price and shipping. For items with power point plugs, I made sure they changed it to Singapore's 3 pin plug because previously I ordered a vacuum cleaner and the plug was a huge headache.

Can't wait to share my taobao purchases!! :lol::sport-smiley-004:

$4000 SGD worth of items ?! ?!

That is really a lot, must have bought the whole house Reno items and some furnishings

Good luck

Last night as I was alising with a seller for one of the bigger orders through aliwangwang, the seller told me that my Singapore agent ordered one item less for me. Thankfully he alerted me immediately and I dropped my TB agent an email to get it rectified.

After that, I realised to minimize any problems with my Taobao shipment since its really so huge, I contacted every single seller I was buying from via Aliwangwang and told them to double check my agent's purchase with my actual orders by telling them what I ordered exactly. I also shared that I require them to crate up or store them well to be shipped overseas to reduce any defects when it reaches Singapore. I think if you are ordering from TB and is a low risk taker like me, you should contact TB sellers directly. It saves the hassle of returns and exchanges when it reaches :dribble:

Hi Dwinsplace, thank you for your compliments! Not sure if we're really meticulous but its our first home so we try to pick everything in detail while infusing the design and functionality aspects of the product. My contractor I have shortlisted, let me name him Contractor J, seems to grasp what we have in mind so thank God we're in good hands, I hope!

Thanks Kelhy, look forward!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today Updates:

Electrician came over today to plan our electrical wiring. Apparently they work very closely with this Malaysian electrician which IS SO PROFESSIONAL. He's extremely meticulous and experienced even though he looks quite young (30+ years old) and planned out our electrical wiring so well ultimately. Im gonna get his number the next time he comes so I can call him directly in the future if I need electrical assistance :D:D

As we are using tracking lights for the scandinavian look, there was some hiccups to the electrical wiring layout which we thought was fine until the electrician pointed out the problem and how to 'clean' up the look on the ceiling so there won't be too many conduit all over. He also shared the best ways to do certain lighting points and electric points in the entire house and kitchen. Am very confident to be in safe hands for my electrical wiring even though he's not started yet.

Anyway he mentioned he'd come in to start with our wiring on Thursday! Yay! :rolleyes:

Hi lovescandi,

I am also intending to install track lights at the tv area n dining area. But normally the main electrical pt is at the center of the livingroom area which i will use it for the ceiling fan. Did u do a false ceiling so that a electrical pt can be made at the tv area? Or how does ur electrician resolve this issue? Thanks!!

Hi lovescandi,

I am also intending to install track lights at the tv area n dining area. But normally the main electrical pt is at the center of the livingroom area which i will use it for the ceiling fan. Did u do a false ceiling so that a electrical pt can be made at the tv area? Or how does ur electrician resolve this issue? Thanks!!

Hello there!! Yes the problem I had was that the main point was right in the middle of the living room and I didn't want to do a false ceiling at the tv area but so wittily, the electrician whom I'm gonna name Electrician S. thought of a way to place it such that I don't have conduits running in awkward shapes on e ceiling by manipulating the length of the track. It's tricky to share how it's done but I will post this when my wiring are up to give you a clearer idea (:

--------------------------------------

A quick update today: I visited my contractors office and my jaw literally dropped. I thought he was running a really small one man business like typical contractors but what I didn't know was that he actually had a huge factory with several workers who were cutting huge solid boards and assembling them from literal scratch. It was then I realised, that I had actually come straight to a contractor who makes everything himself such that he was able to give me better quality in terms of all the carpentry and laminates etc etc yet still priced it so low. I also realised he only has workers to make everything but he does the delivery+assembling+touch up. It's quite impressive because it was then I saw the step by step of building a kitchen from factory and that IDs go through him to get their kitchen done. I thought such factories probably existed in China where they cut such huge solid woods into a board and so forth.

Anyway I picked out all my laminates for the house today at his office as well as finalized details of storage and even more convinced my kitchen/ shoe cabinet & walk in would turn out amazing (: