Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yc_mw

When The Old Turns New @ Sgoon North

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yc_mw, blk 13+ is north ave 2 :D

Lots of pet shops there!

Edited by Vct

To my (very limited) knowledge, pre-fab can hack. As long as its not a structural wall (columns/ beams) or an external wall, or something that will compromise water proofing.

Just that you won't have nice bricks underneath that you can unearth for a look.

My ID told me that all my walls were pre fab and so that why I couldn't just blast off the top layer to get to natural brick below, but I've hacked several walls.

@Vct, Oopsss.. Ya hor, it's Ave 2. Hhehehehe. Blur liao.

@Dwinsplace, OH!!! Really? I'm still waiting for the Technical Office to get back to me. Ti Gong bopi bopi no problem to hack. :)

Going to meet one of the Reno firm for design concept and quotation tomorrow, hope will be satisfactory. :)

hi,

Luckily for you coz can save money...don need to waste money hacking away the built in cabinets and stuff..

A fren has recommended a contractor who will do the hacking,tiling,plastering and L boxes. And I have to liase directly with the electrician,carpenter and air con man that he recommends.I think in a way its good coz there will be less mis communication. Sometimes,i feel the contractor acting as the middle man...there mayb some misinterpretation. A bit troublesome for me now....but i think still worth the effort.

I will be taking my key end of the month and will start reno right early sept.

wish me luck!

@ttx143, sounds like you can save quite abit by not requiring all the middlemen. But, really quite alot of additional jobs to be handled by yourself. Gd luck to you reno. Do post some updates here & there. :)

Here comes another hurdle:

We have intention to purchase the Recess Area. But, as we are not rightful owners of the unit yet, we can't do the purchase of the recess area together with the unit. Really hate all the bureaucracy involved.

Hopefully when we purchase it after the completion of the flat, the entire process can be expedited. Will keep bugging the Technical Office & Estate Manager. ~_~

Met up with 2 IDs onsite, and strangely enough I have to keep chasing 1 of them for the Quotation and briefs. Quite disappointed as got quite good vibes with her.

Since we still have 2-3 months to play with before getting the keys, we have decided to meet up with a few more ID or Contractors to get more opinions and Quotes.

Have met up with the following so far:

1. Derrick from Space Define

- Good vibes about him. Friendly and some ideas that he gave onsite kinda blew me away. So, now is left with the Quotation and see how much it's gonna cost us. He mentioned that close 1 eye also need ard $80K. OMG MAX ~_~

2. Angie from EFR Design

- Good vibes when communicating thru sms and onsite. But, appointments got postpone twice due to unforeseen circumstances at her end. Promised Quotation din turn up in my mailbox despite sending multiple reminders. Promised to call me back 10mins later was also not fulfilled. Quite disappointing as was quite happy with their profile and I was willing to let the young people try their hand on my place so as to create good portfolios for themselves. But, just too bad.. Not gonna contact her anymore. Quite tired of chasing for things.

3. Ophelia Jen from Design Sense

- My first ID for my 1st home. Have already send me layout and 3D drawings. Pretty happy with her designs as always. Made some changes to the space planning. Hoping to see some magic from her end. Just teeny bit worried bout the Quotation as from my 1st Reno, I know that they are not exactly economical.

4. Juan from Rustic Design @ Bt Merah

- Got contact thru friend as felt that she did a good job with their reno & space planning. But, during meetup, totally no chemistry. Gotta see how it goes after getting a quotation from her. Was told that it takes about 2 weeks for her.

Gonna meet up with the Following:

1. Nicholas from Renoguyz

- Seen quite a few positive reviews on him. Hope to see his magic tomorrow.

2. Rix from Fuse Concepts

- Also got the contacts through this forum. Maybe meeting up with him this week. Gotta see how it goes.

3. Peter Neo from Joo Guan Huat

- Haven't met up with him personally, but, have already forward him the floor plan and the necessities to quote. This Contractor did up my sis & friend's place twice. So, shall see if he can convince us to go to him too.

Have met up with Nicholas from Renoguyz. Quite happy with him, and also felt that there's good rapport. Only thing is he estimated a cost of $50-$60K, and I was quite happy with the estimated cost except that when the official Quotation came over in the night, it went up to $84K. Couldn't sleep the whole night man ~_~

Will meet up with Rix from Fuse Concept this week, and see how it goes from there.

To me, rapport & support is very important.

Have fixed 2nd appt with Space Define, Design Sense & Renoguyz next weekend. Should be able to finalise the reno soon. :)

On a sidenote, went to Suntec yesterday, saw Eubiq Roadshow, so, have purchase their home package liao. Woohoo!!!

HI Songz,

Basically, redoing the entire house as this is 29yrs old, but, interior is almost empty except for Floor tiles + wall tiles in Kitchen & toilets. Basic sink in kitchen + 2 WC + 2 standing basins in toilets.

Will be hacking all off to redo everything.

1. Floor will be 800x800 homo. Rooms will be Parquet.

2. Hack off 1 of the bedrooms to connect with LR & Dining.

3. Hack off storeroom to become part of LR & Dining.

4. Hack off MBR wall, and extend out then erect a new wall. The extended part will be WIW. Ard 24ft.

5. Shoe cabinets at the access balcony since going to buy over. Ard 12ft. 3 ft full height, the bal half height.

6. Construct a full height water feature near the storeroom area.

7. Gonna have a feature wall for the Telly area.

I think the above are the major works. Quite shocked on the 84K. Coz my 1st house reno for 4 rm was only bout 30K, and works are quite extensive too. Only diff was no hacking needed to be done. That was 7yrs ago. :)

Yes, hacking is expensive.. Looking forward to more pics! I had to remove lots of stuff In order to stick to my 50k reno. But after reno start, there is bound to be some sudden pop ups and more money start to go in..

HI Songz,

Basically, redoing the entire house as this is 29yrs old, but, interior is almost empty except for Floor tiles + wall tiles in Kitchen & toilets. Basic sink in kitchen + 2 WC + 2 standing basins in toilets.

4. Hack off MBR wall, and extend out then erect a new wall. The extended part will be WIW. Ard 24ft.

5. Shoe cabinets at the access balcony since going to buy over. Ard 12ft. 3 ft full height, the bal half height.

I think the above are the major works. Quite shocked on the 84K. Coz my 1st house reno for 4 rm was only bout 30K, and works are quite extensive too. Only diff was no hacking needed to be done. That was 7yrs ago. :)

84K..... :jawdrop: that was what most ID estimated for me..... and having to do overhaul. I deleted carpentry items so I can keep within my amount....

HI Songz,

Tell me about it ... I also had done a renovation for a 4-rm 9 yrs ago. The costs had doubled since then ... I also had a shock when the quotations came in now ...

• Like 1