Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hippo

Advice On Ariston Storage Heater

Can anyone here advice how long does it take after switching on the Ariston storage heater (say 30L) before is it hot enough to bath? And how long does it stay hot in e tank?

I understand that for Joven storage heater, just have to switch on for abt 10-15min, it is gd enough for a 35L tank for u to bath. Also, even if u on it in e morning, it will still stay hot in the tank until u come back in e evening..

I hv to consider ARISTON bcos of e space constraint (ariston is more compact), and would appreciate any of those Ariston users to comment as there another thread commenting that it takes ages to heat up..

thks in advance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i usually wait 20mins.

also depends HOW HOT you want the water to be.

thks mace. if u switch it on in e morning, is it stil hot enough in e evening when u come back w/o having to switch it on again? i know that for joven, if there is stil water left in e tank, it will still b hot enough to bath again even when u come back in e evening.

Mace

also to ask

can the heater serve 2 bathrooms?

thanks

It is not advisable to use 1 heater for 2 bathrooms.

Can anyone here advice how long does it take after switching on the Ariston storage heater (say 30L) before is it hot enough to bath? And how long does it stay hot in e tank?

I understand that for Joven storage heater, just have to switch on for abt 10-15min, it is gd enough for a 35L tank for u to bath. Also, even if u on it in e morning, it will still stay hot in the tank until u come back in e evening..

I hv to consider ARISTON bcos of e space constraint (ariston is more compact), and would appreciate any of those Ariston users to comment as there another thread commenting that it takes ages to heat up..

thks in advance

No one uses Rheem?

Personal experience tells me that joven not very good.

i use ariston 15L for me and my hubby. it serve two bathrooms (shower mixer and basin tap mixer). I on about 10mins and off it after i bath, which means it would have ON for at least 30mins. It last about 4hours.

It depend how much hot water you use when u bath. Me and my hubby not into hot bath...so it is adequate for two of us to bath in both toilets at the same time.

eh 1 heater for 2 bathroom ex leh

i went to check joven 25L one around 265SGD

can share why its not good?

or is ariston better?

thanks

1 heater for 2 bathrooms consider ex??

brand no diff really imo, besides joven and ariston there's also rheem, alpha...

ok thanks gnomish

oh wrong wording

wat i meant is 2 heaters for 2 bathrooms is ex

cos 1 heater for 2 bathrooms only 265SGD

Edited by SmartFool

Ariston provides 4 years leak proof warranty while Joven & Alpha provides 10 years leak proof warranty. A couple of posts say Ariston storage water heaters rust, provided they used Ariston storage water heaters - You know how anonymity works in RenoTalk....

Lucky Khoon quote me Joven 25L for $230, 15L for $200.

Mace

also to ask

can the heater serve 2 bathrooms?

thanks

why not? i got no problems with that for the last 1yr+.

thks in advance

i have posted my findings on ariston and joven somewhere in this forum.

i have used both brands and i'm able to give unbiaised comments here.

ariston takes longer to heat up and the heat doesnt retained long in the tank.

joven is good. it works almost like instant heater.

imagine i come home after work, i switched the heater switch on, took off my clothes, take towel and walk into the bathroom. i just open up the water tap, and viola, i got hot water liao. and the water is REALLY hot.......

this is joven tank.

As for Ariston, its damm slow.......

i switched on the heater switch, i brushed my teeth (about 10mins), and step into the shower area, and i still dun get hot water..... i got to suffer for another 10-15mins mins to get the hot water.

and the heat in the ariston tank doesnt stay long.... maximum i can tell you is only 4 hours only.

As for Joven, i can guarantee that the heat stays for 12 hours.

i'm used both brands and i know what i am talking about. both tanks that i used are the same capacity - 25L.

the difference is the insulation materials and the tank material used in ariston and joven.

joven is using stainless steel tank.

ariston is not using stainless steel. they are using some kind of old technology metal that was used on old kettles last time.

ariston is made in Vietnam

ariston is not using stainless steel. they are using some kind of old technology metal that was used on old kettles last time.

ariston is made in Vietnam

hmm.... it does take 15min or more to heat up though. but since it's a popular brand - we bought it. so far no problems - no leaking .

To add on to donut88 information, I have called up the company who brings in Ariston.

Their products are made in various countries such as Vietnam, India, Indonesia, etc.

The model for 25L is stainless steel and made in India while their 30L newer model is using titanium tank. :)