Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
strawberry_pear

Lai's Modern Classic Home

This is my modern classic home in tpy and have just started our reno...

a little hiccup today as we couldn't believe that the haulage fees are soooooooooooooooooooo expensive :) can you imagine we went to hdb town council, hdb main office and the hdb branch office and the amt that they gave us was just $220.50 + $187.25 when the main hdb contractor told us its $1100????? really wanted to :rolleyes:

watever it is, I'll still see how it goes by and hope that hdb (who told me that they'll liaise with the contractor)will give me a proper answer by mon....

ok...so here's some pics that i hope everyone who drops in will enjoy!

my blk in tpy

P1020422.jpg

view from my carpark rooftop garden

P1020419.jpg

Renovation in my hse!!

sand here sand there!:good:

P1020442.jpg

cement screeding!

P1020438.jpg

wallpaper tile for common bathroom to be mixed w white tiles

P1020413.jpg

white tiles for mbr toilet

P1020411.jpg

mosaic tiles for mbr toilet

P1020412.jpg

our coffee table

P1020434.jpg

our dining table:

P1020430.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

welcome to renotalk! nice selection of tiles and furniture... :(

juz one thing..wat do u mean by wallpaper tiles? :huh:

enjoy ur reno process. :notti:

welcome to renotalk

hope to see more pix of your renovation progress :(

hi pple, thanks for the reply.... have already started most of the things and this week we'll be focusing on floorworks!:(! yippeee!!

however, one :notti: issue is that i've settled the with hdb w rgds to the sum of money to pay for haulage and overhaul and guess what??? they say that tpy is a matured estate and also with the price increase for sand, thus we'll have to pay 1.1k(thank God for Cement screed by hdb then my price decreased to $800).

Can you imagine those staying under financial aid in our blk under the SERs programme?? how much can they afford to pay??? and some more the amt of old pple living in my estate is quite a lot, how much can they pay?? the contractor even told me that ask the old and poor for hdb to cement screed their floor lor cos no choice!! wat kind of :huh: is this??? sigh.... wat to do now? just pay and look on the bright side of things lor!!

welcome to renotalk! nice selection of tiles and furniture... :dribble:

juz one thing..wat do u mean by wallpaper tiles? :huh:

enjoy ur reno process. :yamseng:

hi mace and applefreak,

will definitely upload more pics!! thanks for dropping in and oh yeah!! the haulage is :furious:MAD!:notti:!:(!:huh:!

hi jamez,

thanks!:( am really enjoying the process hehe and have been going up to my new flat everyday to check that everything is ready!!all the way!!

btw, when I say wallpaper tiles, it means that when its laid on the wall, it will look like wallpaper but its actually tiles so its much cheaper....

nice coffee table... care to share where u got it from & how much?

hello cutebear and cornetto,

my dining and coffee table are both from om in liang court!! really love the service by michael (their marketing exec) and the thoughtfulness of the boss to provide coffee and tea in the showroom. their furniture's quite cheap and it includes delivery.... the prices are as follows:

1. fiamma dining table: 1088

2. 6 chairs: 500++(not shown in pic)

3. uno coffee table: $600

4. cream colored carpet:$570

was given a 25%discount becos i was one of the first few customers at the home and deco fair last week... however, do go and check it out...when i was in the showroom, they actually go by appointment timing for you to choose your furniture and also a lot of designers actually bring their clients there to select furniture.... do go down and have a look if your theme's modern classic.

Actually i did go to furniture club, lorenzo, mondi initially.. but in the end..... om still wins!:)

ok then folks Enjoy!! and definitely will upload more pics here!!! my toilet and floor will be done this week!! hurray!!1 :yamseng:

been a while since i was here to update on the progress of my reno...

some significant incidents the past 2 week:

1. Floor and toilet completed!!!!!oh yeah!:curse: but also the beginning of another oh no cos the workers din connect the toilet bowls to the ac and they pooed and pee-ed inside without flushing for 1.5 week!:notti:! :fire::furious::furious: told him to get it fixed if not will get ultimatum from me (must provide me with new toilet bowl):deal: and immediately the next day he fixed it liao... :unsure: some more cleaned the whole toilet and scrubbed it for me zz

2. on the track now to do lightings and electricity now and estimated time of completion will be next week... looking at the light trunkings and etc, my whole house is in a mess now!;)!! (please refer to pic) :dunno::dunno::dunno: wonder when will it look like my dream house....sighz....

will be checking out the taps and accessories tomoro with my id and after that will be carpentry works... hope that everything will turn out fine..

just a few pics to share on the progress of my new home...

tips for choosing downlight:

1. there must be a device for you tilt your plc bulb so as to prevent breakages.

P1020455.jpg

2. atco bulbs for downlights are the best cos its direct from germany..osram is second best.. most suppliers will just anyhow provide so do ask your contractor before installing so that we can save as much as can be...

P1020456.jpg

3. my half done common bathroom toilet

P1020458.jpg

P1020460.jpg

4. my half done living room floor

P1020462.jpg

5. my mbr toilet

P1020465.jpg

P1020465.jpg

P1020464.jpg

P1020481.jpg

6. completed kitchen floorings

P1020478.jpg

Hi strawberry_pear, ur neighbour reporting...

Din noe u set up a renoblog... :bangwall:

Looks like ur reno is going well... U overlay ur toilet wall and floor tiles? Ur toilet look so nice

How much does it cost? !!

Hi strawberry_pear, ur neighbour reporting...

Din noe u set up a renoblog... :bangwall:

Looks like ur reno is going well... U overlay ur toilet wall and floor tiles? Ur toilet look so nice

How much does it cost? !!

hey yo!! i also just figured out how to hyperlink this today... heheh! soooo pls dun bangwall but do drop in more often... will definitely be uploading more pics next week cos now the reno is going through the ceiling and lightings stage liao...

the overlay is included in my reno and the whole reno costs me around $35k inclusive of overlay, flooring and skirting in living and kitchen area with homogenous tiles, laminated flooring using supreme, aircon, construction of a glass study room in living area, platform bed in mbr, etc etc etc....

if want, can also drop in when you are free....pm me ur no and we can fix a time!

have yet to post anything for quite a long time and thus will be showing some pics..

went to lookz on sun with my id after our 79ers blk party and was quite happy w my id for providing invaluable advise on the selection of my basin and accessories... the amt that we spent was well within our budget and all in all, it was a happy day!

just some notes to share:

1. shld u decide to have a rainshower installed, do consider if u want one with concealed piping cos u need to talk to ur contractor beforehand so that he can do somthing to help u conceal. if not, then u'll have to get those with shoulders/ unconcealed piping...

My living room in pearl glo

P1020522.jpg

my mbr with shower screen

P1020521.jpg

common bath w shower screen

P1020519.jpg

rainshower set for mbr!:wub: :wub:

P1020512.jpg

mbr toilet accessories set:

P1020511.jpg

common bath accessories set:

P1020510.jpg

mbr tap/mixer and sink:

P1020509.jpg

P1020505.jpg

common bath mixer/tap and sink:

P1020508.jpg

P1020506.jpg

hope that everything will be delivered nicely and fixed up properly!