Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggiedearz

Jurong West St 64 Residents - (july 07 Ballot)

ok..looks like this is the shortest route liao...then above MBR door can see the trunking too? or you got false ceiling??

mine oso liddat, MBR no do false ceiling, so can see the trunking

but after painting, me dun notice of the trunking liao

think it is like 'blended' in :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ARR.. so most you guys installed storage heater ( gas ? ) ?

so tempted to so too :dunno:

my trunking - water pipe run from MBR platform to Study Rm, gas run from MBR false ceiling to study rm 2. according to ID, if leakage occur, it will be at the blower side. Also due to mine is non-inverter =P

Edited by junxian

mine oso liddat, MBR no do false ceiling, so can see the trunking

but after painting, me dun notice of the trunking liao

think it is like 'blended' in :P

Yaya, me also didn't do false ceiling, u dun really will notice it unless u purposely go and find it, cause all painted liao... :P

it is much neater & nicer in the mbr if there is false ceiling. Can put PLC downlights versus 1 round/rectangle/square lighting in the middle.

I guess u have to strike a balance between aesthetics and practicality and risk haha. Can't have best in both worlds.

My id said the risk factor is not too high coz condo all hidden trunking.. even if got problem. tear down that affected portion of the false ceiling and then later put it back.. just charge labour cost $80...

Edited by rumi

hi folks, long time nvr log in.

i had a storage tank install. till now still ok. i m paying abt $70+ a mth. think its ok. i ON the heater only in the morn n after my bath , i will turn it OFF. at night , its still warm.

as for the citygas heater, u will have to pay a subcription fees every mth. i had thought of it intially but since i m using a electrical Hoob, no point applying. still gotta pay more?? not worth!

N FOLKS, e yellow box is painted up already!! :notti: But how come only 1 side? e opp don need? :unsure:

Perhaps to clarify here

I use citygas for my hood, instant water heater (FOC) & clothes dryer

The charges are based on actual usage, with no monthly subscription

The only charges I paid upfront was the installation fees for the dryer & hob (for connecting)

While the oil prices are dropping, the electricity tariffs are still significantly higher than the gas tariffs, so I do have good savings by having gas-powered water heater and hob

But eventually it boils down to ur individual preference

Hi folks

Just to check if this is normal cos i realise that after my bath every time, the whole MBR toilet floor is wet. I do close the shower screen but seem like water can be flow out. Does it happen to you guys too?

Hi folks

Just to check if this is normal cos i realise that after my bath every time, the whole MBR toilet floor is wet. I do close the shower screen but seem like water can be flow out. Does it happen to you guys too?

you need to some "rubber" thingy to stop the water from dripping from your door out to the dry area. :(

well you guys can see how i hid the air-con trunking and the water storage tank.

using the timer for the storage tank is good, just turn 10min and then walk to room to shower.

you need to some "rubber" thingy to stop the water from dripping from your door out to the dry area. :(

Hi juxian

May i know what rubber thingy are you refering to? Paiseh me very sotong.. :rolleyes:

hmm i was told need to shower in the mbr still need to go to the kitchen to on the heater...

actually to be able to hide aircon trunking or not also depends on the floor plan & location of your planned built-in carpentry. With system 4 is hard to hide for my plan as the water pipes still need to be disposed in the mbr wc. Also i was not able to put the blower just on top of my door frame due to the planned built-in full ht book shelf directly 40cm opposite it.

hmm i was told need to shower in the mbr still need to go to the kitchen to on the heater...

actually to be able to hide aircon trunking or not also depends on the floor plan & location of your planned built-in carpentry. With system 4 is hard to hide for my plan as the water pipes still need to be disposed in the mbr wc. Also i was not able to put the blower just on top of my door frame due to the planned built-in full ht book shelf directly 40cm opposite it.

my ID managed to get the electrician to link heater switch between mbr and kitchen. on/off can be done at either place but got to off from where u on it. cost me 80bucks to do that :(

was going to my house to c how the reno going on today in the noon time n happen to catch some HAPPENING at blk 676a.

Someone wanted to JUMP down from 16floor today.From ground see,it seem like a maid(20plus yr type).so many policen SCDF pple there.alot if pple crowd under my blk(677A) looking up.

heng after 10+ min,police able to "talk" to her n help her into the house.(she is sitting outside the window at the ledge there)

for those stay high floor,best is lock up the window grill.n dun left the key around!!!

the not-so-nice method.

http://www.esaver.com.sg/Switch%20Timer.html

the built-in method where ur electrician build this in during electrical wiring..

http://www.omron-ap.com/product_info/index.asp?catlvl=83

http://www.omron-ap.com/product_info/index.asp?catlvl=84

my electrician will be doing the Omron for me, not for water heater, but for my ventilation fan in wc.