Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Elemental

An Chuang

Hi all,

When I got married 2 yrs ago, I didn't believe in any of these traditions or FS stuff, so we heck care his mom and didn't bother to 按床 and even slept on the marital bed for a few months before the wedding ceremony!

Anyway, now I believe lah...

I will be renovating my new house and moving in abt 2mths... May I know if the bed installation will be necessary/beneficial when I move to my new place with my new bed?

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

When I got married 2 yrs ago, I didn't believe in any of these traditions or FS stuff, so we heck care his mom and didn't bother to 按床 and even slept on the marital bed for a few months before the wedding ceremony!

Anyway, now I believe lah...

I will be renovating my new house and moving in abt 2mths... May I know if the bed installation will be necessary/beneficial when I move to my new place with my new bed?

Thanks in advance!

Care to share why now u believe? smthg happen?

me and hb staying tog liao now.. after ROM and b4 customary....

we din sleep on the marital bed thogh... but just wana know the impact and consequences??

why ar??

Thanks raincole for your quick reply... Lidat then I dun need to bother with anything...

Cherlyn:

Why I believe now arh? Hmmm... It had been a difficult 2 yrs for me. Ended up had to do a lot of hard thinking in order to make difficult decisions and to do the right thing for everyone.

It made opened my eyes to see beyond religion, to understand what it means to live and what I should do, what is my purpose, etc. And I found the same consistent answers in all religions, not in the details, but in meaning and purpose.

This made me realize that the universe is too profound for me to claim that I understand it. Hence all my boundaries on this broke down and I now have a deep respect for everything, including the spiritual and metaphysical forces.

No, I am not able to attribute my lack of an chuang to any problems I am currently facing. My hubby and I are a good 8zi match, so we are strong no matter what. But we did encroach on many fengshui taboos unknowingly back than, and we did indeed face some hiccups and silly quarrels since marriage, which I think, were not characteristic of our relationship previously.

The only thing I changed in my room after believing in FS was to cover up the mirror and TV that faced my bed directly. I don't know if this is the direct cause, but certainly my r/s with my husband has improved and we tend to be sweeter and more considerate to each other.

My mother was also very ill at the beginning of the year, and at my wits' end, I placed some unique FS cures and asked for distant prayers. It did not cost me any thing, and was simple to implement. While it was the doctors that CURED her, I found that she has progressed better and in a much better mood in general. Like the daily "arrows" that had been affecting her has been cushioned... It's just how it feels like to me lah. Don't think I want to proclaim that it's the fengshui that has changed everything... But in my heart I feel that it has helped my mom.

Hence now I am preparing to renovate my new place, I'm hoping to get the FS (at least the basics) right and not make any major boo-boos. Personally I do believe that FS and traditions influence something in our lives, be it purely consciously/unconsciously or supernaturally. I have also seen/heard many first-hand experiences that indicate that FS can indeed influence one's life.

So does this mean that it's ok to sleep on the master bed before the an chuang is performed??

So does this mean that it's ok to sleep on the master bed before the an chuang is performed??

The marital bed must be brand new as in u and your HB must not slp on the bed before the An Chuang ceremony....The 1st day u can sit/slp on yr bed is on yr AD.

The marital bed must be brand new as in u and your HB must not slp on the bed before the An Chuang ceremony....The 1st day u can sit/slp on yr bed is on yr AD.

Oh ok...i'm actually aware of this fact but we are moving in next month and our AD will only be held next Feb and we haven't bought extra bed so which means when we move in, we are gonna slp on our new bed liao...i've asked a friend and what she did was slp on the new bed then few days b4 AD, an chuang then dun slp on it until the customary that day liao...is that a more modern version??

Oh ok...i'm actually aware of this fact but we are moving in next month and our AD will only be held next Feb and we haven't bought extra bed so which means when we move in, we are gonna slp on our new bed liao...i've asked a friend and what she did was slp on the new bed then few days b4 AD, an chuang then dun slp on it until the customary that day liao...is that a more modern version??

Air... dun sleep on the bed ist.. if u gg to have customary in feb means yr gg an chuan.. if u sleep on it liao then it will be meaningless to an chuan le...

go buy a mattress from sea horse and sleep in another room ist for temp....

we did this lor.... me and hb went seahorse get a foldable mattress at $39.90 oni, sleep in another room...

we have the new bed and new mattress liao but we din sleep on it.... even the foc pillows we din touch we din use.....dun take out the plastic cover as well....

a few days b4 the customary then go 'decorate' like put mattress protector, put cover etc... now beta to leave it as it is ist....

Air... dun sleep on the bed ist.. if u gg to have customary in feb means yr gg an chuan.. if u sleep on it liao then it will be meaningless to an chuan le...

go buy a mattress from sea horse and sleep in another room ist for temp....

we did this lor.... me and hb went seahorse get a foldable mattress at $39.90 oni, sleep in another room...

we have the new bed and new mattress liao but we din sleep on it.... even the foc pillows we din touch we din use.....dun take out the plastic cover as well....

a few days b4 the customary then go 'decorate' like put mattress protector, put cover etc... now beta to leave it as it is ist....

Har?? Then i very headache leh...cos we already planned to slp on the bed liao...i've read somewhere an chuang day, just put on a new bedsheet can already.... !!

Har?? Then i very headache leh...cos we already planned to slp on the bed liao...i've read somewhere an chuang day, just put on a new bedsheet can already.... !!

u picked yr AD date liao mah? the FSM also will gv u an chuan date de ley.. usually an chuan can be done on AD itself or a few days after.. best is AD itself la. cannot slp on the new bed till customary...im sure u still have spare room de rite? get a mattress and sleep on the floor in another room ist bah...

an chuan sybolises gd marriage......

u picked yr AD date liao mah? the FSM also will gv u an chuan date de ley.. usually an chuan can be done on AD itself or a few days after.. best is AD itself la. cannot slp on the new bed till customary...im sure u still have spare room de rite? get a mattress and sleep on the floor in another room ist bah...

an chuan sybolises gd marriage......

yup picked liao...the geomancer did give us an an chuang date and that was just a few days before our customary nia....no alternative method other than slping on another bed??

Edited by Air

yup picked liao...the geomancer did give us an an chuang date and that was just a few days before our customary nia....no alternative method other than slping on another bed??

ermz.... if u reali wana sleep on the new bed... then dun take out the plastic cover....

my coli slept on her new bed with the plastic cover till her customary then she removed the plastic cover....

that means u sleep la but with the plastic cover with it...

ermz.... if u reali wana sleep on the new bed... then dun take out the plastic cover....

my coli slept on her new bed with the plastic cover till her customary then she removed the plastic cover....

that means u sleep la but with the plastic cover with it...

Thanks cherlyn, I go find out how to work around this...hopefully I can get a solution cos moving in next month...not much time liao...!!

Thanks cherlyn, I go find out how to work around this...hopefully I can get a solution cos moving in next month...not much time liao...!!

Air...wat I did last time is we bought a temporary mattress cost less than $100, come with pocketed springs, then slp on it for almost 2 years. Then we oni bought our wedding set, bed frame, side tables and wardrobe before our AD and had them delivered a few days before the AD.

After tat we simply give out temp mattress to my cousin who dun mind...Act, u can also use yr temp mattress in yr guest room.

From wat I understand tat An Chuang ceremony requires a brand new mattress - as in no one slp on it before....Not even sit!

anchuang is meant for newly wed couples.

anchuang must be done close to the wedding date, less than 7 days. anything more got no effect.

plastic cover or not, as long as you sleep on it, is considered USED.