Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

D.i.y. Painted Wall

oh my gosh!! clockwork n christine, you are so talented!! i love painting too as a hobby but so far i've only worked on canvas, dare not paint on the walls becoz it's such a large scale work n i'm so scared of messing it up n end up with something i'm not happy with.. but what you guys did was amazing!!!

i've been thinking of decorating the big wall in my living room (beside & behind TV), actually considering using wall stickers instead of really painting it on the wall.. coz less risky (no confidence in my wall painting skills haha) n less permanent (can safely peel away if we get sick of it). but loveee to hear more abt ur experience, pls share... did u have to do many layers to get vivid/solid colors? did it take much time for each layer to dry? did u use any special paints or varnish?? may i know how long it took you to complete each wall/panel??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

forgot to mention, for the wall stickers i'm looking at this one from www.renotalk.com : WD333.jpg , coz right now my wall is just a blank white space n i think it would contrast well with the tree (and my TV will be just nicely settled under the tree branches hehe). the wall decal is not cheap, but i think abt the time it would take to paint it and then the cost of getting paints etc.. and risk of screwing it up... then maybe it's not that expensive after all heehee

hi Clockwork, do u have any pricing in mind can pls share with us? thank u so much n look forward to ur advice on how u did the wall paintings... :)

forgot to mention, for the wall stickers i'm looking at this one from www.renotalk.com : WD333.jpg , coz right now my wall is just a blank white space n i think it would contrast well with the tree (and my TV will be just nicely settled under the tree branches hehe). the wall decal is not cheap, but i think abt the time it would take to paint it and then the cost of getting paints etc.. and risk of screwing it up... then maybe it's not that expensive after all heehee

hi Clockwork, do u have any pricing in mind can pls share with us? thank u so much n look forward to ur advice on how u did the wall paintings... :)

Hi , tag along this thread.

I try to contact clockwork , but seem like her email is not active anymore. Anyone got her contact. I'm interested in the painting of wall too

Hi,

Since I'm a novince with wall mural, I started out with the stick on the wall with ready stickers and then outline the flowers out manually. That particular first project helped me gained confidence and comfort with using paint to paint directly on the wall and at the same time train me to control the steadiness so that the edge is neat and not fuzzy.

This is actually my very first piece of trial work which I din post the other time cos i thought no one would be interested in it anyway (but now i think sinceu asked it be good to share the whole experience):

http://christineandvitor.blogspot.com/2009...ck-strikes.html

http://christineandvitor.blogspot.com/2009...-bedsheets.html

From there the 2nd project onwards, I decided to be more adventurous and directly sketch on the wall with a pencil before painting it. But as the pencil mark is kinda vague (i dun have a clear view of the overall layout so i draw by instinct), so as I paint, I make edits to how the floral/stem/leaf should look like for a better orientation.

Cheers,

Christine

...upz...

just to upz a very good thread that was "lost"....dig up this thread and look through those wall murals by TS-clockwork andi must say 'Power!!!'

for everyone to enjoy...

:paint: