Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Muslim Chinese Wedding Dinner/banquet

sob..forumer "Air" mentioned here the food at Meritus mandarin cold cold :dunno:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...9121&st=190

try to short list wait my fh back. then arrange see the venue haven decide, since there not much choices :(

Jule very helpful hehehe

:) my pleasure.

Like I mention to you, let them know about the muis arrangement. This is the "confirmed" halal dinner. I have spoke to few hotels and from past years' experience, no hotels has told us cannot have any chinese dishes cooked in Halal way.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
so, you shortlisted how many hotels and which hotels? :dunno: when your fh is coming back? i'm very worried whether you manage to book the hotel a not at this point of time. time is running out liao. i'm not frightening you. :(

er.. this few mentioned here lor. dun worry ok. if cant get april jus postpone again lor. already postpone so long loia. my fh suppose to come back mid dec07, but seems like will delay til mar 08... lets see again la.argh....

:) my pleasure.

Like I mention to you, let them know about the muis arrangement. This is the "confirmed" halal dinner. I have spoke to few hotels and from past years' experience, no hotels has told us cannot have any chinese dishes cooked in Halal way.

ok, i will point out to the about the Muis arrangement.thanks ya. :)..

when is your company D&D?

i really have to sit down & do up a spreadsheet for all findings. jus tat argh.. to lazy esp doing it alone...

No foam!

er.. this few mentioned here lor. dun worry ok. if cant get april jus postpone again lor. already postpone so long loia. my fh suppose to come back mid dec07, but seems like will delay til mar 08... lets see again la.argh....

you mean you fh suppose to come back mid dec 07 but may delay until mar 08? :dunno: wow, if you want to hold your AD in april 08 and then must wait for your fh to come back around mar 08 to make decision together; really super super rush. how to book a hotel within a month time?! :(

you mean you fh suppose to come back mid dec 07 but may delay until mar 08? :dunno: wow, if you want to hold your AD in april 08 and then must wait for your fh to come back around mar 08 to make decision together; really super super rush. how to book a hotel within a month time?! :(

Yawn, duno leh. dun worry la. see how the situation & act lar. I go sleep now. good nite.. sleepy lioa;.......

ok, i will point out to the about the Muis arrangement.thanks ya. :dunno:..

when is your company D&D?

i really have to sit down & do up a spreadsheet for all findings. jus tat argh.. to lazy esp doing it alone...

No foam!

My company D&D is next yr.. looking at Oct 08 cos Sept is ramadan. Oh ya, one of the concerns we have is also a prayer room for the muslims to pray before dinner.

Not possible to book before your fh comes back ? maybe send him photos ? Else to book in March 08 might still be feasible, since you no particular preference on dates right. Sometimes the hotel will even lower their rates if you look ur banquet within a month. But the only worry is the preparation such as food tasting, invites.

My company D&D is next yr.. looking at Oct 08 cos Sept is ramadan. Oh ya, one of the concerns we have is also a prayer room for the muslims to pray before dinner.

Not possible to book before your fh comes back ? maybe send him photos ? Else to book in March 08 might still be feasible, since you no particular preference on dates right. Sometimes the hotel will even lower their rates if you look ur banquet within a month. But the only worry is the preparation such as food tasting, invites.

ya. printing cards, sending cards, food tasting, seat arrangement etc etc all these need at least 2 months to do. :dunno:

wow your company soo pro .. plan more then a year ahead really i guess they treat it as an important event ah.. u so lucky to work for such company care with all welfare =)

for prayer room jus need a small room will do. even a tiny store room also can... or any curtain like to by section too able liao :o.... usually ball room have those moveable thingy rite. to block ugly sight. use that to by section lor. :)

i prefer him to see himself, his judgement more better then me argh.. is ok lar, the most postpone later lor. since no fixed date & see date... but hope early if possible if cant see how. . there's always plan B =)

ya. printing cards, sending cards, food tasting, seat arrangement etc etc all these need at least 2 months to do. :dunno:

btw, how ur progress so far, which stage u in now?

wow your company soo pro .. plan more then a year ahead really i guess they treat it as an important event ah.. u so lucky to work for such company care with all welfare =)

for prayer room jus need a small room will do. even a tiny store room also can... or any curtain like to by section too able liao :dunno:.... usually ball room have those moveable thingy rite. to block ugly sight. use that to by section lor. :o

i prefer him to see himself, his judgement more better then me argh.. is ok lar, the most postpone later lor. since no fixed date & see date... but hope early if possible if cant see how. . there's always plan B =)

not pro lah.. but becos of the capacity, we dont have alot of choices. And we are looking at Sat, there's not many dates/venues we can get cos many are booked already.

We got 20+ muslim tables, so the space/size cannot be too small, and wouldnt be nice if it's just a curtain to block. Also there will be pre-dinner activities and games in the foyer, so a room with closed door is most preferred. I understand need water for cleansing also.

not pro lah.. but becos of the capacity, we dont have alot of choices. And we are looking at Sat, there's not many dates/venues we can get cos many are booked already.

We got 20+ muslim tables, so the space/size cannot be too small, and wouldnt be nice if it's just a curtain to block. Also there will be pre-dinner activities and games in the foyer, so a room with closed door is most preferred. I understand need water for cleansing also.

:sport-smiley-018: 20+ pple pray at one go, thats a lot like a mini mosque size lor.. yala water too. in Royal plaza their prayer room for public ony cater for ard 10+ ppl only with water bay.. taketurn lor, but if actiivities to start at the same time, then no choice, if the break is 30mins, its can be done in 2batches prayer lor.

when i went for team building at sentosa, while having break i go pray :yamseng:.. during fasting some more, the weather is like 40degree to me hahaha

i done my washing from the basin when come to feet i need to lift up my leg to the basin :)

:sport-smiley-018: 20+ pple pray at one go, thats a lot like a mini mosque size lor.. yala water too. in Royal plaza their prayer room for public ony cater for ard 10+ ppl only with water bay.. taketurn lor, but if actiivities to start at the same time, then no choice, if the break is 30mins, its can be done in 2batches prayer lor.

when i went for team building at sentosa, while having break i go pray :yamseng:.. during fasting some more, the weather is like 40degree to me hahaha

i done my washing from the basin when come to feet i need to lift up my leg to the basin :)

ya.. 20x10=200 min number of ppl who need to pray.. will be more convenient if there's a small room which caters to this and taking turns is more convenient since it is just nearby. Else if they pray before they come to dinner, they will be late and miss the pre-dinner activities. The pre-dinner activities are like stalls which they can play games n stuff

hi jule , korea...

finally found one Grand Plaza i tink where Cokelight hold her AD..

argh..................not realy my choice........

they have halal chinese dinner banquet and its located at city hall..

high ceiling and pillar freee. but...argh.....

tomorrow go down see their ballroom and if everything ok i will place deposit $3000.00 ..

plus my date is tight, have postpone to Jun 08 liao :notti:.. lucky have one on Sunday , all sat taken up :notti:.....

but they have luxury suite with outdoor jaccuzi ! and the ballroom everyting is new..

hope tomorrow will not have any disappointment, but tat the best i can find for Halal Chinese Dinner banquet and its located in town, easier for guests.

my fh, keep buzzing me to ask fullerton, but they dun have halal la!! so stressful.

!! !! :yamseng:

hi jule , korea...

finally found one Grand Plaza i tink where Cokelight hold her AD..

argh..................not realy my choice........

they have halal chinese dinner banquet and its located at city hall..

high ceiling and pillar freee. but...argh.....

tomorrow go down see their ballroom and if everything ok i will place deposit $3000.00 ..

plus my date is tight, have postpone to Jun 08 liao :(.. lucky have one on Sunday , all sat taken up :(.....

but they have luxury suite with outdoor jaccuzi ! and the ballroom everyting is new..

hope tomorrow will not have any disappointment, but tat the best i can find for Halal Chinese Dinner banquet and its located in town, easier for guests.

my fh, keep buzzing me to ask fullerton, but they dun have halal la!! so stressful.

:~:~:~

but i think you dont have much choices either. so, sometimes got to give and take lor. the very basic things to look for ballroom are the ceiling height, whether it has pillars a not and the lightnings. :dunno: moreover, the date of your AD is so near lor. its about 6 months more to go. :yamseng:

the ballroom for my wedding has high ceiling, no pillar and has smart lightnings. my AD suite is located very high up at 60+ level; nice scenery. :) $3000 deposit is standard. we paid near $5000 deposit. !!

but i think you dont have much choices either. so, sometimes got to give and take lor. the very basic things to look for ballroom are the ceiling height, whether it has pillars a not and the lightnings. :dunno: moreover, the date of your AD is so near lor. its about 6 months more to go. :yamseng:

the ballroom for my wedding has high ceiling, no pillar and has smart lightnings. my AD suite is located very high up at 60+ level; nice scenery. :~ $3000 deposit is standard. we paid near $5000 deposit. !!

so happy for u la. grand plaza is high ceiling & no pillar.. lar.. i duno tis outdoor jaccuzi luxury bridal suite is located at which floor. if outdoor i guess mus be hight rite?

i heard match in is short due to layout :~

at my workplace, i every day oversee the seaview til i so sian... no feeling liao.

my home living room is cityview also til sian liao.

my mother is working out the wedding cake wo...

how its goes ah? since my banquet is on sunday. sat i tea session ah? wat do u tink ah?

so happy for u la. grand plaza is high ceiling & no pillar.. lar.. i duno tis outdoor jaccuzi luxury bridal suite is located at which floor. if outdoor i guess mus be hight rite?

i heard match in is short due to layout :~

at my workplace, i every day oversee the seaview til i so sian... no feeling liao.

my home living room is cityview also til sian liao.

my mother is working out the wedding cake wo...

how its goes ah? since my banquet is on sunday. sat i tea session ah? wat do u tink ah?

grand plaza suite location (level) should be quite standard. :~ bcos from outside can see the hotel isnt very tall. my sister held her ROM there. :yamseng: something to note, the carpark is a bit weird lor.

i prefer long match in. but short march in also good la so that you can quickly reach the stage. !! my tea session will be on the same day as my AD but in the morning. :dunno: