Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Muslim Chinese Wedding Dinner/banquet

Usually banquet muslim menu is not "halal" certified, unless Muis comes in to give a Halal Cert for the day.

i was just thinking...do we really need a Halal cert from MUIS to say the food is halal? then what about the malay stalls selling nasi lemak and mee rebus at the coffeeshop? they don't have halal certs..but we know the food is halal because of the makcik preparing and selling it.

i met one ustadz whose stance on food from hotels etc was basically 'ignorance is bliss'.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Of cos some dishes may not be possible due to the ingredients, but they will let you know. My experience, most dishes can be done, cos can substitute ingredients, but it might not taste exactly the same.

its ok as long can be done already ver grateful

well they say frog tastes just like chicken..lol

LL, god bless. my dh is a convert too, but he was already a muslim before marriage. it's good that you're making such an effort to eat halal food, even though it has not been easy finding a place for your wedding :bangwall:

erm.. not exactly frog tastes better :bangwall:

thank you , trying my best, btw wat is dh?

Usually banquet muslim menu is not "halal" certified, unless Muis comes in to give a Halal Cert for the day.

got it..! will take note :bangwall:

i was just thinking...do we really need a Halal cert from MUIS to say the food is halal? then what about the malay stalls selling nasi lemak and mee rebus at the coffeeshop? they don't have halal certs..but we know the food is halal because of the makcik preparing and selling it.

i met one ustadz whose stance on food from hotels etc was basically 'ignorance is bliss'.

very chim... even born muslim will also wrongly use ingredient nah hahaaaa.....

i got to knoe one malay lady she always buy bagawan solo pastries..argh.. u noe some time ago one of my fren tole me tat the owner mentioned in newspaper sayin that their ingredient consist ram (alcohole)

anyway see RICE TABLE not halal cert.

DH = dear husband

even pork gets labelled as halal at NTUC, tsk

yah bengawan solo uses rum in their baked goodies..but not all i think. i've bought cakes from bengawan solo too. and i've eaten at rice table..tendency is to assume that indonesian restaurants are halal, even if they are not certified by MUIS.

DH = dear husband

even pork gets labelled as halal at NTUC, tsk

yah bengawan solo uses rum in their baked goodies..but not all i think. i've bought cakes from bengawan solo too. and i've eaten at rice table..tendency is to assume that indonesian restaurants are halal, even if they are not certified by MUIS.

wahahahaaaaa.. u sure, pork as halal at ntuc *faint*

ooh,thanks for correcting my english :bangwall:

oh ehehee, dear husband, :bangwall:.. din noe tat..cool. alot of cases like ur husband. i have a fren who is only only child and son of the family he convert to muslim too... before he noe his current wife (born muslim)

wahahahaaaaa.. u sure, pork as halal at ntuc *faint*

yah it was in the news tonight! NTUC made police report when a pack of airpork somehow ended up with a MUIS halal sticker on it.

yah it was in the news tonight! NTUC made police report when a pack of airpork somehow ended up with a MUIS halal sticker on it.

ha.. ya, my colleague forward me the picture.

its ok as long can be done already ver grateful

erm.. not exactly frog tastes better :bangwall:

thank you , trying my best, btw wat is dh?

got it..! will take note :bangwall:

very chim... even born muslim will also wrongly use ingredient nah hahaaaa.....

i got to knoe one malay lady she always buy bagawan solo pastries..argh.. u noe some time ago one of my fren tole me tat the owner mentioned in newspaper sayin that their ingredient consist ram (alcohole)

anyway see RICE TABLE not halal cert.

I know for pastries.. Polar is halal cerified, recently Old Chang Kee is halal certified. We sometime buy snacks for Meetings.. so have to be particular about what we buy as we have many muslim colleagues. So the safest is to buy Polar usually. Now 1 more choice, Old Chang Kee

:sport-smiley-004:

ha.. ya, my colleague forward me the picture.

I know for pastries.. Polar is halal cerified, recently Old Chang Kee is halal certified. We sometime buy snacks for Meetings.. so have to be particular about what we buy as we have many muslim colleagues. So the safest is to buy Polar usually. Now 1 more choice, Old Chang Kee

can forward me too?

jule u pple so sweet..... last time my previous chinese boss while the HR manager get halal cateria for office events, tat boss put suckling pig on one of the tray i mistaken its other meat i choose tat on my plate, den one colleague quickly come rush to me, hey hey tat is suckling pigs...

he is msia chinese.. tot msian are more farmilar with halal thingy argh...

singaporean like u really touch our hearts.. esp in singapore. u all did tat..

thoughtfulness to your muslim fellow colleagues

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/cgi-bin/sea...k&id=309067

wow, who so free go print the sticker . ghosh

:sport-smiley-004:

can forward me too?

jule u pple so sweet..... last time my previous chinese boss while the HR manager get halal cateria for office events, tat boss put suckling pig on one of the tray i mistaken its other meat i choose tat on my plate, den one colleague quickly come rush to me, hey hey tat is suckling pigs...

he is msia chinese.. tot msian are more farmilar with halal thingy argh...

singaporean like u really touch our hearts.. esp in singapore. u all did tat..

thoughtfulness to your muslim fellow colleagues

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/cgi-bin/sea...k&id=309067

wow, who so free go print the sticker . ghosh

well maybe ur boss is so used to being around the msian malays who don't really care..that's why he thinks all the other muslims are like that? my husband's collegues are like that, they were quite surprised to see that he prays and eat halal food becoz they say their supposedly muslim friends back home dont.

well maybe ur boss is so used to being around the msian malays who don't really care..that's why he thinks all the other muslims are like that? my husband's collegues are like that, they were quite surprised to see that he prays and eat halal food becoz they say their supposedly muslim friends back home dont.

huh.. YIEEEK...

pic01416ap5.jpg

wahaha... tis is furnie!! how i wish there halal pork LOL..as a chinese Muslim :dunno:

i told my colleague who is indian, she say halal is like drain out the blood from the animal then tat meat is halal, so this halal pork maybe is halal cuz it may slaughter & drain out blood already....****Speechlesss*****

Hi, my hb's friend just had a Muslim Chinese wedding dinner at Rasa Sentosa by the beach. Mabbe you can try Rasa Sentosa.

Hi, my hb's friend just had a Muslim Chinese wedding dinner at Rasa Sentosa by the beach. Mabbe you can try Rasa Sentosa.

wow.. tat out of the way seh.. thanks. i email them now anyway :(

wow, rasa sentosa is really out of the way. :sport-smiley-004:

LL, what's your decision so far? :sport-smiley-004:

sob..forumer "Air" mentioned here the food at Meritus mandarin cold cold :(

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...9121&st=190

wow, rasa sentosa is really out of the way. :)

LL, what's your decision so far? :dunno:

try to short list wait my fh back. then arrange see the venue haven decide, since there not much choices :(

Jule very helpful hehehe

sob..forumer "Air" mentioned here the food at Meritus mandarin cold cold :dunno:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...9121&st=190

try to short list wait my fh back. then arrange see the venue haven decide, since there not much choices :(

Jule very helpful hehehe

so, you shortlisted how many hotels and which hotels? :) when your fh is coming back? i'm very worried whether you manage to book the hotel a not at this point of time. time is running out liao. i'm not frightening you. :(