Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Muslim Chinese Wedding Dinner/banquet

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
why, how many tables?

group them into catergories rite ?

haiz. we headache dont know who to invite. if invite this one then cannot dont invite that one. sianz. :yamseng:

haiz. we headache dont know who to invite. if invite this one then cannot dont invite that one. sianz. :yamseng:

den invite lor. tats easy. heheh, swissotel can accomodate 1000 tables rite hahhaa

den invite lor. tats easy. heheh, swissotel can accomodate 1000 tables rite hahhaa

1000? the most 50+ tables. :yamseng:

haiz, cannot tom, dick and harry anyhow invite. :unsure:

oh, wat your cateria of guest then?

those people who still in contact lor. if didnt contact that person for decades then suddenly invite he/she also not good mah. people may think we invite them for $$$ reason. not good lor. :yamseng:

those people who still in contact lor. if didnt contact that person for decades then suddenly invite he/she also not good mah. people may think we invite them for $$$ reason. not good lor. :yamseng:

yayayaa cheapstake heheheee , good nite

ladies, ladies

1) dias = wedding stage for the bride and groom, commonly found at malay weddings. but i take it you won't be needing/wanting one

2) OCC no A/C hall also not that hot...

3) malay wedding ang pao is usually standard $10. when economy bad, ppl give $5. for malay wedding it costs about $8 - $10 per pax, somemore some ppl have multiple weddings to attend in one weekend so it would be very expensive if each wedding must fork out so much. i managed to recoup 90% of the cost for my wedding.

4) in planning weddings, esp at such short notice, 'want' doesn't mean will always get. but now that u mentioned msia..don't want to consider going across the causeway?

5) probably a reason why halal chinese wedding cuisine is hard to find here is because there is no demand for it? it's a very niche market.

6) try to find an event hall/area, because it seems like your only alternative if you still want halal chinese wedding menu. try botanic gardens, parks, CCs...you can set up an A/C tent, also will look very nice. then you also need to find a caterer who can whip up delicious wedding fare.

Hi, LadyLuck,

Would you be interested in Meritus Mandarin ? I understand they cater to same menu for both Menu for Muslim and Chinese Tables. I saw their ballroom, it was renovated last Oct, quite nice now.

To serve the problem of the Halal Cert, as all hotels banquet departments do not have halal certs, usually what most is to get Muis to come and cleanse the kitchen, crockery and utensils. It will be sealed until they use it.

Btw, Swissotel can hold >100 tables for their biggest ballroom. The other 2 ballrooms are max 60 and 30 respectively, depending on which ballroom you take.

To serve the problem of the Halal Cert, as all hotels banquet departments do not have halal certs, usually what most is to get Muis to come and cleanse the kitchen, crockery and utensils. It will be sealed until they use it.

really? wah that's good.

oh ya, forgot to mention, Mandarin's menu is no pork no lard, even for the Chinese Menu, and their polutry are halal. There might be a fee involved for the Muis to come and cleanse the kitchen. You want to know more ? I can check with my muslim colleague as they are in charge of it for our d&d.

ladies, ladies

1) dias = wedding stage for the bride and groom, commonly found at malay weddings. but i take it you won't be needing/wanting one

2) OCC no A/C hall also not that hot...

3) malay wedding ang pao is usually standard $10. when economy bad, ppl give $5. for malay wedding it costs about $8 - $10 per pax, somemore some ppl have multiple weddings to attend in one weekend so it would be very expensive if each wedding must fork out so much. i managed to recoup 90% of the cost for my wedding.

4) in planning weddings, esp at such short notice, 'want' doesn't mean will always get. but now that u mentioned msia..don't want to consider going across the causeway?

5) probably a reason why halal chinese wedding cuisine is hard to find here is because there is no demand for it? it's a very niche market.

6) try to find an event hall/area, because it seems like your only alternative if you still want halal chinese wedding menu. try botanic gardens, parks, CCs...you can set up an A/C tent, also will look very nice. then you also need to find a caterer who can whip up delicious wedding fare.

wow great points, noted :wub:

oh ya, forgot to mention, Mandarin's menu is no pork no lard, even for the Chinese Menu, and their polutry are halal. There might be a fee involved for the Muis to come and cleanse the kitchen. You want to know more ? I can check with my muslim colleague as they are in charge of it for our d&d.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

reallly..:D!! :curse::curse: pls help me to find out more, i left all alone to do this

wow great points, noted ;)

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

reallly..:D!! :curse::wub: pls help me to find out more, i left all alone to do this

your FH doesnt help out a bit? :curse:

tomolo you're going to bbdc, right? ;)

btw, where is Meritus Mandarin? is it the hotel next to Takashimaya?

your FH doesnt help out a bit? :D

tomolo you're going to bbdc, right? :furious:

my fh not in singapore think might be back either in Dec or Mar 08