Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi everyone

my disaster have started with to buy plasma or lcd. i have been hearing mix views and i really do not how to decide. but i know what i want. i want a min 42 inch for the living room and will settle down with a smaller one in the master bedroom.

too many stories in the market including action movies...plasma better and sports lcd better. how abt the electrical consumption? now i just heard a friend is saying plasma gets hot easily compared to lcd so much so must be installed in an aircond room.

my living room will be placed only with fans. please give some comments based our your experience of usage. thanks

i thought lcd is cheaper than plasma?

i thought lcd is cheaper than plasma?

Thats no longer the case, plasma 42" tv is like $800 plus now while lcd 42" full HD is plus minus $1000...

Probably the plasma technology has made way for LCD/LED... hence the advancement in LCD/LED has gain quite an advantage over plasma... plasma will probably be phased out in a few years or months... in my opinion...

LED seems to be the new plasma... in terms of pricing...

whether its hype or really a better technology, i dunno... I'm sticking to the LCD... affordable price, okay picture quality....

to be honest, the plasma tv quality seems good too... and the pricing good too...

Will you consider getting 3D TV instead of LCD or Plasma?

How many movie contents do you know are encoded in 3D format?

3D is just a format whether the display is on LCD/LED or Plasma.

Cheers

Take the plunge & go for plasma. Watching HD movies in bluray format has been an overwhelming experience for me.

Cheers

Which plasma TV you got?

Saw an interesting article in Asiaone, so extracted to share with all... :paint:

How to shop for an HDTV

What is "HD Ready" and "Full HD"?

You might also come across terms like "HD Ready" and "Full HD" at stores. While figures like 1080p is an industrial standard measurement, terms like "HD Ready" are not.

A 1080i set can be considered "Full HD" in some countries, and all TVs which are able to display HD images (from the lower-end 720p to the best 1080p models) are all "HD Ready".

Before sinking in your hard-earned dollars into a new HDTV, make sure you get the actual industry standard HD resolution specifications from the retailer and check that against your needs.

can someone help to explain wa's e difference for HD ready & Full HD ready? after reading this

I suppose all TV can display HD images so what causes e price difference then? I was scouting TV & all e sets have this

HD or Full HD label slapped on.

can someone help to explain wa's e difference for HD ready & Full HD ready? after reading this

I suppose all TV can display HD images so what causes e price difference then? I was scouting TV & all e sets have this

HD or Full HD label slapped on.

Full HD is only applicable if you have HD source ie Bluray player or Mio/Singtel HD box.

But for everyone's sake, get a Full HD TV as HD Readt TVs are being phased out. In Spore, Full HD is compliant to 1080p not i, again its very

dependent on your source.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers

oh another thing, e saleman was trying to push other tvs claiming they had faster refresh rate

i believe it's video bit rate? like normal tv only 50 or 60mhz but higher model ($500 price difference for samsung) at

100mhz so when watching sports/fast action movies, lesser shadow overlap etc, there's even a toshiab model with 200mhz

but e color saturation was horrible & we could adjust up to 6 different colors to tone it down. who will want to adjust

color setttings everytime u wana watch tv? any comments if the so called video bit rate is really a big deal? :unsure:

oh another thing, e saleman was trying to push other tvs claiming they had faster refresh rate

i believe it's video bit rate? like normal tv only 50 or 60mhz but higher model ($500 price difference for samsung) at

100mhz so when watching sports/fast action movies, lesser shadow overlap etc, there's even a toshiab model with 200mhz

but e color saturation was horrible & we could adjust up to 6 different colors to tone it down. who will want to adjust

color setttings everytime u wana watch tv? any comments if the so called video bit rate is really a big deal? :unsure:

Im afraid the salesman's statement is true. Motion Flow (if im not mistaken, was 1st developed by Sony on thier Bravia series) boasts

amongst the best pix esp for fast moving pictures. As for the other models Im not sure. But ive seen samsung & Sony, esp the newer

models & Im pretty impressed.

Cheers