Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

hello my budget is bout 2.5k for a 40" LCD. which brand is recommended in the market now?

was told to go for philips cos philips is using "hard" lcd panel... the seller caim that "hard" panel is better and proceed to use finger and "draw" across the screen. there was no "ghost" lagging line whereas samsung and the rest have.....

hard panel has more reflective effect than soft which absorb. its still clear with soft panel which does not reflect light on screen when viewing. Ghost lagging line have nothing to do with panel, its the processor power to reduce these effect.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hitachi 42" plasma 42PD9500TA is a good model... one of the highest resolution for plasma in the market now... 1024 x 1080... normal plasma e.g. samsung PS-42C91H is only 1024 x 768...

hitachi price is abt the same as samsung... at gain city CCK opening sales, hitachi 42PD9500TA is $2388 including a hitachi HTS... samsung PS-42C91H is abt $2000 without HTS... so for just the tv alone, price is comparable :deal:

hi there,

i just bought a SONY 40" LED (EX600 full HD) @ audio house, price $1599 (usual price $2399).

the color is really great!

Edited by jimmyykc

hi redbottle, u may want to check out 37" panasonic 37pv70h. courts selling 2049 when i check last nite, w 3 yr warranty and $100 ntuc voucher. the warranty and voucher shd be available from the neighbourhood shops, so the price shd be lower.

Hi all,

Sound like plasma is better than LCD? But the salesman always commented that Plasma is consuming higher electricity & the screen is easier getting hot than LCD...hmmm....is that true? What brand is the best buy at the moment?

Hi all,

Sound like plasma is better than LCD? But the salesman always commented that Plasma is consuming higher electricity & the screen is easier getting hot than LCD...hmmm....is that true? What brand is the best buy at the moment?

This statement very true. But consume how much electricity & how hot is subjective.

Ultimately, when purchasing TV, pix quality rule supreme.

cheers

hi,

Well I really like to thanks to all who posted above, Because I always like to buy a LCD TV but afraid that, may be they are really very sophisticated and such kind a stuff but thanks to all above who who let me come out of this dilemma :)

http://www.ddair.com/port-charlotte-air-conditioning/

Edited by mileytipton

I intend to buy a new LED TV for my new 4-room flat. The viewing distance is 2.35m (7.7ft). Based on the recommendation from website links, I know that that the suggested TV screen size is from 42in to 46in. I want to find out from fellow forumers here whether anyone has bought a 46-47 inch LED TV for such a viewing distance. If yes, I would like to know whether the SD picture from free to air channels is sharp for viewing for such a distance. It is hard to gauge at the electronic stores as all display sets there show HD images which are very sharp. I am contemplating to get a 40 or 42 inch TV but might get a 46 inch TV if the SD picture is sharp enough for the viewing distance mentioned. I do know that SD images on a plasma tv is no problem. There are people who even have 50 inch plasma tv for a shorter tv viewing distance. Tks in advance.

Edited by relaxcatdog

I intend to buy a new LED TV for my new 4-room flat. The viewing distance is 2.35m (7.7ft). Based on the recommendation from website links, I know that that the suggested TV screen size is from 42in to 46in. I want to find out from fellow forumers here whether anyone has bought a 46-47 inch LED TV for such a viewing distance. If yes, I would like to know whether the SD picture from free to air channels is sharp for viewing for such a distance. It is hard to gauge at the electronic stores as all display sets there show HD images which are very sharp. I am contemplating to get a 40 or 42 inch TV but might get a 46 inch TV if the SD picture is sharp enough for the viewing distance mentioned. I do know that SD images on a plasma tv is no problem. There are people who even have 50 inch plasma tv for a shorter tv viewing distance. Tks in advance.

If viewing distance is 2.35m, I suggest you to buy no smaller than 50". If you think it is too big, you will be fine after one week later, as I am using 50" plasma in 3 room and viewing distance is 2m and even my wife don't find it big at all :D . Make sure the screen is not too reflective.

Just think about watching movies in the cinema screen size to your sitting distance ratio.

Hope this helps.

Tks for the suggestion. Bought a Sony 40NX710 as it is within my budget and the price had dropped considerably. Didn't mind that it is a phasing out model.

Currently considering the new Samsung 43D450 Series 4 Plasma TV, 43". Its cheap at $799 (probably gona drop somemore soon), but only 720p and 2xHDMI. But then again, we're not at home >8hrs a day (5 days a week), total TV watching time in a week would probably be like 5-8hrs max. Other plus points would be better SD quality for free-to-air channels, e.g. TV5 news, and better black contrast.

With the current led backlit tv nowadays, is it better to buy a plasma tv or a led tv? I know plasma has better black and a faster refresh rate but led does seem to be brighter. So do you guys have any recommedations?