Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Think I am going to get the Panasonic C10 42 inch TV. It's going for 999 with 300 dollars nTUC vouchers from those big stores.

Going ot check out Everjoint and see what they can offer :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If budget is not a constraint, get a Pioneer Kuro while you can(no more production).

Best flat TV ever made (till now atleast) :D

For lesser budget, Samsung series 8 plasma also very nice. Super slim, can istake for a LED TV.

If budget is not a constraint, get a Pioneer Kuro while you can(no more production).

Best flat TV ever made (till now atleast) :D

For lesser budget, Samsung series 8 plasma also very nice. Super slim, can istake for a LED TV.

the samsung series 8 plasma... :dribble:

but it only comes in at 50-inch, i think. :(

hi everyone

my disaster have started with to buy plasma or lcd. i have been hearing mix views and i really do not how to decide. but i know what i want. i want a min 42 inch for the living room and will settle down with a smaller one in the master bedroom.

too many stories in the market including action movies...plasma better and sports lcd better. how abt the electrical consumption? now i just heard a friend is saying plasma gets hot easily compared to lcd so much so must be installed in an aircond room.

my living room will be placed only with fans. please give some comments based our your experience of usage. thanks

Plasma TV is a lot cheaper than LCD TV, but if you do not have budget constraint, buying LCD TV is not an issue.

If you watch sports and action movie more often, you should buy LCD TV.

If you want to play PS3, XBox or Wii, you should buy LCD TV too.

Energy saving is better for LCD TV.

You think about it....

Got the 42inch Panasonic S10. Using it mostly to watch Channel 5 and some cable. No sports for me. And no PS3 or Wii (for now...)

Got it for SGD1400. No vouchers. At Gain City.

Pleased with it so far. But I got a feeling it is a bit hot... luckily my living room is quite breezy.

For tv programs it hard to said which 1 is the best but i tink for sure plasma 100% has better respond for sports and fast action movie cause lcd do have respond time and for lcd many of the the brands are soft panel angel viewing for tv programs sucks big time try asking the sales person to turn on the local program and not the usual hd 5 dvd or blueray playback and u will know the diff . sure its hotter cause gas panel mah . for living rm plasma heat is ok even u are using fan come on it not really that hot untill it will affect the tv the engineer is not stupid also rite . anyway stay cool when u wan to buy a tv . tink of wat program u watch most and the price u are willing to pay y pay for a 3 k tv will it looks good ond dvd and blueray playback ? if there is crt tv that will be the best for now .hehe juz my 2cents ;)

hi everyone

my disaster have started with to buy plasma or lcd. i have been hearing mix views and i really do not how to decide. but i know what i want. i want a min 42 inch for the living room and will settle down with a smaller one in the master bedroom.

too many stories in the market including action movies...plasma better and sports lcd better. how abt the electrical consumption? now i just heard a friend is saying plasma gets hot easily compared to lcd so much so must be installed in an aircond room.

my living room will be placed only with fans. please give some comments based our your experience of usage. thanks

Plasma does get hot but it is certainly not a room heater.

I have a plasma and use it without ac all the time.

If you ask me, plasma is anyday better than LCD for sports/movies.

But you must trust your eyes and do a side by side test in showrooms.

To compare, I think best is go to Best Denki at Junction8. They have LOTS of tvs next to each other for us to compare.

plasma is also more soothing for eyes. I can't sit in front of a LCD tv for long.

helpful link. . saw ur bought list 32 white lcd hitachi ? was looking for it but was told by many shop no stock and even got new stock its not made in japan ? was looking at tis model from many store even evejoint today say no more .where did u puchase from ? and confirm made in japan ? cause from wat i know hitachi is the only brand lcd that is fully made in japan, should have bought it when the staff rec me **** ! can provide me the address ? tks alot :)

Plasma TV Vs LCD TV

For me I prefer Plasma TV over LCD TV mainly because of the response time.

No matter how advance their technology is today with LCD TV, they are still using Liquid inside the LCD panel that's why it's call (Liquid Crystal Display). They can never be faster than Plasma TV.

The colour produce from Plasma is also more vibrant, natural & soothing to the eyes.

I can't sit in front of a LCD tv for very long.

I also found a few interesting video on youtube to share with everybody. Hopes it helps...

Edited by johnson11ng

Look at wat u need for a tv.

If u need better spec and higher def, than u gotta stretch ur wallet more.

Set ur budget or spec. then from there, narrow into your option.

No point comparing apple and durian… if u know wat u mean.

Now prices are still holding or going down. Shop around and compare apple to apple.

I thin now is a good time to make some purchases, if u really need.

There’s never a best time, u will only know that was the best time, it past…

Samsung TV is manufactured in Korea but dun noe where the components on the PCB came from, Panasonic components is from Japan but assembly in Singapore. Point to note is that as Panasonic is a Jap co, thus they will also use Jap components only for their products.