Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

Flush No Enough!

well, maybe i should just change my diet and eat more fibre so my stools would be softer but i think my flush is really not powerful enough. not much goes down...is it due to the toilet design/type or water pressure?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

LOL! I sure don't want to be in your situation.

Check your water inlet tap. Is it turned to the max?

It just might be your toilet bowl design.

What is the brand of your toilet bowl, by the way??

no brand. in the quotation is listed as 'supply and install branded dual-flush WC' or something. but definitely some china type, because the toilet seat is known as the 'butt plate'.

My flush wasn't that strong earlier also, there was a leakage somewhere at the same time, so the plumbler came down and repair the leak. He adjusted something in the cistern, now it's better.

I am not sure it has anything to do with the inlet pipe tap. I think the inlet tap will control the speed at which the cistern refills but not how effective the flush will be.

How effective the flush will be will probably depend on the capacity of the cistern,ie how much water it can hold and available for flushing. If there is a leak, like in the case of lawry...then you have less water to flush with.

And it has a lot to do with the shape/design of the toilet bowl itself. A good design will channel the water effectively for a strong flush. You may not even need a lot of water, if the design is good.

I hope that in your case it is a leak because it can be easily repaired. However, I am not a W.C engineer, I recommend you check with your plumber.

the plumber came yesterday, the cistern fills up pretty quickly, and it's already up at the max level so i can only say it's my diet *ahem ahem* and that i have a small W.C. it's supposed to be a water saving type, but in the end we use even more water to flush.

the plumber came yesterday, the cistern fills up pretty quickly, and it's already up at the max level so i can only say it's my diet *ahem ahem* and that i have a small W.C. it's supposed to be a water saving type, but in the end we use even more water to flush.

ROFL!! Eat more iron!! ;)

be a vegetarian! ;)

btw, fibre makes your stool harder

and too much causes constipation :D

huh? so iron or fibre?

vege is iron or fibre? i only know when i eat LOTs of salad - the next day hor - very easy going...wakakakka