Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
autumn23

Maintainence Of Painted Walls

recently i saw a patch of dirt on the wall and proceeded to clean it off wif a pc of clean damp cloth. a dark patch was left on the wet area where i cleaned. i thought the patch will be gone after the area dried up but it never did. n the weird thing is that when i stand in front of the wall to look at the patch, it is not obvious but when i viewed it from an angle, from the side, it's very obvious, like a patch of shadow. may i know why is this so? is it water stains? i thought walls can be cleaned wif water? any ways to get rid of the dark patch? n wat's the correct way to clean the wall if i cannot use water?

any advice will be greatly appreciated. thanx! :unsure:

Edited by autumn23

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
recently i saw a patch of dirt on the wall and proceeded to clean it off wif a pc of clean damp cloth. a dark patch was left on the wet area where i cleaned. i thought the patch will be gone after the area dried up but it never did. n the weird thing is that when i stand in front of the wall to look at the patch, it is not obvious but when i viewed it from an angle, from the side, it's very obvious, like a patch of shadow. may i know why is this so? is it water stains? i thought walls can be cleaned wif water? any ways to get rid of the dark patch? n wat's the correct way to clean the wall if i cannot use water?

any advice will be greatly appreciated. thanx! :unsure:

provided your wall are painted with easywash type of paint. both nipponpaint and ici carries them.

provided your wall are painted with easywash type of paint. both nipponpaint and ici carries them.

i have the same kind of problem, so if not easywash how?

if i rub too hard, the paint will drop colour de =(

ya lor it's very frustrating. i dunnoe whether mine is easywash will go check it out. if not then i guess if the walls are dirty, i can't clean them? !!

depends on what kind of stain.... mine even kena those wood varnishing liquid(parquet polish)...I just spray some magicclean and wipe off easily.

i have the same kind of problem, so if not easywash how?

if i rub too hard, the paint will drop colour de =(

use a NEW piece of cloth to wipe first lor - if still cannot bobian liao.

thats why easywash so popular.

n the magicclean liquid doesnt leave a patch? btw MaCe, Angelwrath wat kind of paint ur use?

mine is nipponpaint easywash...

requested the painter to come up to my hse today. helped me to touch the patches. asked him abt the problem n he said all paint when wiped wif water will haf the same effect. n the harder u rub the more obvious it will be. so i think best to leave it as it is in future unless it's very dirty....

so far no problem wiping walls painted with 3-in-1 medifresh

really can use wet cloth to wipe :unsure:

yalor.

me even SPRAY magicclean on the wall to clean...

Does anyone have solutions for wiping away stains? Really frustrated that our ID nv highlighted to us about the cons of having water-based paint. :(