Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

hmmm..... initially I thought that the SCV TV point already activated.... haiz... still need to activate ar... troublesome... !!

True lah... that's what my gf told me... why need a fixed line if we got mobile phones... hehe... but hor... I told her that what if mobile not working, no reception or no battery and need to call urgently... then we still have fixed line to call wor... !!

Hmm... think we need to pay abit more $$$ to conceal the pipes again.... !!

spinball,

no signal at all leh.. means free one also cannot watch but hor can get some indonesia/malaysia eg tv2 channel leh hehe. Phone line you can choose singtel or starhub. I enquiry already Starhub you need to have a dunno what digital modem then phone have to link to pc... very ma fan leh... but now got promo you chk their website this will be free subscribtion until end 2008 if sign contract for max-online. But i still find it a hassle so maybe get Singtel direct to phone socket easier but cost a bit more but reliable ba anyway starhub customer service sux.

If only you and your spouse no need phone line save cost la... nowaday ppl all carry handphone. Day time work, after work young couple seldom at home one. No one at home why connect phone line ? Me no choice as home got maid taking care of my small children but also thinking whether prepaid card better.

as for the pipe ya very ugly hor... my contractor threaten us say if cut off later gas leak how ? but I think he is bullsh**ting us la. Guess got to check with hdb but isn't that his job ?:sport-smiley-004:? but my old hse done have this pipe leh... I cant rem what had been done to this pipe.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmmm..... initially I thought that the SCV TV point already activated.... haiz... still need to activate ar... troublesome... :(

True lah... that's what my gf told me... why need a fixed line if we got mobile phones... hehe... but hor... I told her that what if mobile not working, no reception or no battery and need to call urgently... then we still have fixed line to call wor... :jawdrop:

Hmm... think we need to pay abit more $$$ to conceal the pipes again.... :(

hi spinball,

Me kena like you also. I called to Starhub and told them to activate my service at new block. The CSO from Starhub said OK and when I moved to new block, SCV point is not ready and I've to call them again. Then they said, the SCV point need to be activate by technician "physically" because it is new block. :yamseng:8|

I complain to them if this is the case, why the CSO said they'll activate for me the other day if they know that the new block need to be activated "physically". So I am d_amn pissed off of them and complain lor. Then they act blur at last say sorry. Think "Sorry seems to be the hardest word" for Starhub staffs. Then they also said the SCV network points are not under Starhub's care yet and under supervision of third part. At the end, the Starhub Technician come down and do the connection. If SCV points are not under Starhub's care, how come Starhub technician come and do instead of the "third party". They really talk c_ock lor.

Starhub also very clever. They said they activate the box for "Free of Charge" but the owner has to pay the "transportation fees" of $32.10 (I didn't remember exact amount). I ask them when will they take ownership of the blocks and activate for free, they said it could take "months to years".

I don't want to argue anymore because I was d_amn pissed off with all those nonsenses so ask them to arrange a technician to come and do "physical" connection. :dancingqueen:8|

Think you'll feel the same for their "hard selling method" to activate the point.

hmmm..... initially I thought that the SCV TV point already activated.... haiz... still need to activate ar... troublesome... 8|

True lah... that's what my gf told me... why need a fixed line if we got mobile phones... hehe... but hor... I told her that what if mobile not working, no reception or no battery and need to call urgently... then we still have fixed line to call wor... :dancingqueen:

Hmm... think we need to pay abit more $$$ to conceal the pipes again.... :jawdrop:

Spinball,

Not all la maybe only my unit suay no signal need to activate.

Cannot be both low bat ba... anyway it's up to you but I when on without resident line for 5+ years at old house. Ok leh.

My contractor say cannot even conceal... I also dunno.

hi spinball,

Me kena like you also. I called to Starhub and told them to activate my service at new block. The CSO from Starhub said OK and when I moved to new block, SCV point is not ready and I've to call them again. Then they said, the SCV point need to be activate by technician "physically" because it is new block. :jawdrop::yamseng:

I complain to them if this is the case, why the CSO said they'll activate for me the other day if they know that the new block need to be activated "physically". So I am d_amn pissed off of them and complain lor. Then they act blur at last say sorry. Think "Sorry seems to be the hardest word" for Starhub staffs. Then they also said the SCV network points are not under Starhub's care yet and under supervision of third part. At the end, the Starhub Technician come down and do the connection. If SCV points are not under Starhub's care, how come Starhub technician come and do instead of the "third party". They really talk c_ock lor.

Starhub also very clever. They said they activate the box for "Free of Charge" but the owner has to pay the "transportation fees" of $32.10 (I didn't remember exact amount). I ask them when will they take ownership of the blocks and activate for free, they said it could take "months to years".

I don't want to argue anymore because I was d_amn pissed off with all those nonsenses so ask them to arrange a technician to come and do "physical" connection. :dancingqueen:8|

Think you'll feel the same for their "hard selling method" to activate the point.

Hi Cococsharp,

Welcome ! Me same blk same unit with you leh hehe.

You move in already right, I have similar problem with SCV leh. My service transfer from old house. At first the CSO said done already. Then we realise it dont work and ask them to send technician down. I dont understand why their technician came my house check my point already then say no signal but cannot activate the signal. They told me another technician will come and activate the point which is somewhere outside our unit but this can be done only on the next appointment which is 2 wks later. Due to CNY they are short-handed ! This I cannot understand, since they were here why cannot do it straight away must wait another appointment. They want to charge transportation fee but we refused threatening to terminate their service, not sure whether it will appear on our next bill. Now like nothing can be done until the next appointment ! Cr*p lah.

Hi Amoyz, what about the normal free-to-air channels, can we watch it or still need to activate it?

Oh ya.. for the fixed phone line... let me know what's the process to activate... haha.. still thinking... whether to activate phone line or not.... my gf says she dun need fixed line wor.... 8|

Hmm... if we never use gas heater but we use normal heater... which mean that pipe is useless ar? ya... I find it very ugly wor... :yamseng:

I check my current house eletrical storage heater ah, it is using 3 pipes leh. 1 for inlet, 1 for outlet and 3rd on is for the overflow valve. Means if your heater malfunction e.g. keep boiling water or water keep flowing in, the overflow valve will release the pressure e.g. the steam or extra water will flow out from here.

I see if i can post some pics here.

spinball,

no signal at all leh.. means free one also cannot watch but hor can get some indonesia/malaysia eg tv2 channel leh hehe. Phone line you can choose singtel or starhub. I enquiry already Starhub you need to have a dunno what digital modem then phone have to link to pc... very ma fan leh... but now got promo you chk their website this will be free subscribtion until end 2008 if sign contract for max-online. But i still find it a hassle so maybe get Singtel direct to phone socket easier but cost a bit more but reliable ba anyway starhub customer service sux.

If only you and your spouse no need phone line save cost la... nowaday ppl all carry handphone. Day time work, after work young couple seldom at home one. No one at home why connect phone line ? Me no choice as home got maid taking care of my small children but also thinking whether prepaid card better.

as for the pipe ya very ugly hor... my contractor threaten us say if cut off later gas leak how ? but I think he is bullsh**ting us la. Guess got to check with hdb but isn't that his job ?:dancingqueen:? but my old hse done have this pipe leh... I cant rem what had been done to this pipe.

actually Starhub's Digital Voice is kinda troublesome and u will need to have your modem switched on in order to receive and to make calls. But Starhub's cust svc not sux leh.......am sure some of them tried but sometimes it's the pple on top no brain

hmmm..... initially I thought that the SCV TV point already activated.... haiz... still need to activate ar... troublesome... 8|

True lah... that's what my gf told me... why need a fixed line if we got mobile phones... hehe... but hor... I told her that what if mobile not working, no reception or no battery and need to call urgently... then we still have fixed line to call wor... :jawdrop:

Hmm... think we need to pay abit more $$$ to conceal the pipes again.... :(

i dun think the pipes are gas pipes. cause if gas pipe, it has to be yellow in color.

Hi Cococsharp,

Welcome ! Me same blk same unit with you leh hehe.

You move in already right, I have similar problem with SCV leh. My service transfer from old house. At first the CSO said done already. Then we realise it dont work and ask them to send technician down. I dont understand why their technician came my house check my point already then say no signal but cannot activate the signal. They told me another technician will come and activate the point which is somewhere outside our unit but this can be done only on the next appointment which is 2 wks later. Due to CNY they are short-handed ! This I cannot understand, since they were here why cannot do it straight away must wait another appointment. They want to charge transportation fee but we refused threatening to terminate their service, not sure whether it will appear on our next bill. Now like nothing can be done until the next appointment ! Cr*p lah.

Hi Amoyz,

Glad to hear that you and me same blk same unit.

That's why Starhub sux lor. As for my home, the technician came and connect one point (inside Electric meter room) and another point (he go down and connect somewhere again) and check the signal. then show me the siganl sensor and said ok already. If you can tell them to waive the transportation fee, it is good. For me, I can't terminate due to contract commitment.

As for next appointment, you can check whether they can move forward or not?

Hi First Post here.

Me staying at 989C-677

Nice to see you all here.

welcom welcom~!

btw, is there any POST-NY sales boh... i haben got my tv yet leh... :dancingqueen:

Hi cococsharp! Welcome!!

Hehe... u in IT industry ar.... :notti:

Saw on yr profile.... yr renovation cost u only $7K?

What are the things u do for yr renovation??

Hi First Post here.

Me staying at 989C-677

Hmm... so u all already subscribed to Starhub cabletv ar....

I mean if I never subscribe to any cable tv... think should be able to view those normal free-to-air channels?? Think Missysg can watch TV at her new house wor....

Hmm.... how to test got signal or not... really have to bring TV to my new house and plug it in to test ar... sianz... TV so heavy.... :P

Spinball,

Not all la maybe only my unit suay no signal need to activate.

Cannot be both low bat ba... anyway it's up to you but I when on without resident line for 5+ years at old house. Ok leh.

My contractor say cannot even conceal... I also dunno.

Edited by spinball

Hi First Post here.

Me staying at 989C-677

:dancingqueen: Another neighbour !! Welcome welcome . Me also 989C :P

Ask u all ar... the pipes shown in the picture is for what use?

Gas pipe for gas heater? Only found this pipe in common toilet.. anyone has it also?

pic080206092453gb1.th.jpg

hi spinball, that is for the electric water heater.

Hi Amoyz,

Glad to hear that you and me same blk same unit.

That's why Starhub sux lor. As for my home, the technician came and connect one point (inside Electric meter room) and another point (he go down and connect somewhere again) and check the signal. then show me the siganl sensor and said ok already. If you can tell them to waive the transportation fee, it is good. For me, I can't terminate due to contract commitment.

As for next appointment, you can check whether they can move forward or not?

it is actually because diff technician with diff skills i think.........but i also dunno why cannot come 1 shot and activate..........a bit weird...........

welcom welcom~!

btw, is there any POST-NY sales boh... i haben got my tv yet leh... :)

now got a lot of promo ongoing also leh.......like best or gain i think also got.

Hi cococsharp! Welcome!!

Hehe... u in IT industry ar.... :good:

Saw on yr profile.... yr renovation cost u only $7K?

What are the things u do for yr renovation??

Hmm... so u all already subscribed to Starhub cabletv ar....

I mean if I never subscribe to any cable tv... think should be able to view those normal free-to-air channels?? Think Missysg can watch TV at her new house wor....

Hmm.... how to test got signal or not... really have to bring TV to my new house and plug it in to test ar... sianz... TV so heavy.... 8|

i think no choice la......spinball you must bring your TV over and test.........cause after that can borrow me and check my flat hahahaha!:notti:! :yamseng:

it is actually because diff technician with diff skills i think.........but i also dunno why cannot come 1 shot and activate..........a bit weird...........

now got a lot of promo ongoing also leh.......like best or gain i think also got.

i think no choice la......spinball you must bring your TV over and test.........cause after that can borrow me and check my flat hahahaha!!!! :bangwall:

can check mine oso? wah~ ur 2in our neighborhoon a service... kudos~:~! !!

Hmm... hehe.. can lah... I charge u all TV set rental fee.... hmm... let me see... one hour $20.... !!

Just joking lah.... for now... dun think will bring TV over to test lor... too troublesome liao.... and not in hurry to watch TV also.... :~

i think no choice la......spinball you must bring your TV over and test.........cause after that can borrow me and check my flat hahahaha!:bangwall:! !!

yoz yoz.... whr's everybdy??? no more updates liao ah.... i believe quite a number of us will b starting their "happening" = reno diz wk liao hor.. oh~ so envy... coz i've still gota wait for hdb 2 rectify my defects leh.. haiz... sian half sia.... tink if by nxt wk, still no news.. i will 8| w them, den bang table liao.. :deal:

Edited by Zen2008