Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Toilet Bowls

hello,

which brand of toilet bowl is good?

can share which brand u got, was it good and how much u paid for it?

how much should i be paying for contractor to do installation for me?

thanks!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hello,

which brand of toilet bowl is good?

can share which brand u got, was it good and how much u paid for it?

how much should i be paying for contractor to do installation for me?

thanks!!

rigel, genova, hoekee - they charge $60-$90 for installation.

genova's china brand not bad, only the cheapo cover sucks(but can DIY change for just $15)

rigel, genova, hoekee - they charge $60-$90 for installation.

genova's china brand not bad, only the cheapo cover sucks(but can DIY change for just $15)

normally how much does toilet bowls costs? say.. like those brands you mentioned?

so who does the installation? contractor or the shop we buy the bowls from??

thanks!

normally how much does toilet bowls costs? say.. like those brands you mentioned?

so who does the installation? contractor or the shop we buy the bowls from??

thanks!

toiletbowl costs from $120-$4000.00 :furious:

those are shops(distributors) not brands except Rigel. some has a tied up with a outside plumber(so charge cheaper) some have their own plumber.

Hi Mace,

Usually it costs about $150-200, but i saw rigel selling one model at $99. And there is one shop at geylang advertising in straits times for $158 including instal. Is it risky to buy the cheapo ones? I scared pound foolish penny wise. If it gives problem & u ask plumber to come, the plumbing fee is like hundred over, end up spending more.

Hi Mace,

Usually it costs about $150-200, but i saw rigel selling one model at $99. And there is one shop at geylang advertising in straits times for $158 including instal. Is it risky to buy the cheapo ones? I scared pound foolish penny wise. If it gives problem & u ask plumber to come, the plumbing fee is like hundred over, end up spending more.

geylang lor 40+ ?

rigel $99 - dont wait liao GRAB it :P! rigel i think they got their own in house plumber.

actually all toiletbowls same same lah, it's just that after a few years - the better quality ones will still maintain their colours, while the lousy one will have stains/scratches that cant be removed.

Yep lorong 44 i think. It says $158 inclusive of instal but when i called, they say mine will be $300+ bec my existing one is squat, so they say convert from squat to sit will have additional charges. Any idea true or not? I think should be true right?

I called Rigel, they will charge for delivery, so i asked them is it possible to stuff it into taxi, she said not possible. But they did not offer to instal for me. $99 is offer model, most of them cost above $150

Meaning more expensive ones will have less stains & scratches? i think the stains that u are referring to are the part at the base where there is water. Will top portion have any scratches?

My friend told me there are 2 types, one is those that we use in normal hdb, small pool of water. There is another type used by hotels where the water is more.

Yep lorong 44 i think. It says $158 inclusive of instal but when i called, they say mine will be $300+ bec my existing one is squat, so they say convert from squat to sit will have additional charges. Any idea true or not? I think should be true right?

I called Rigel, they will charge for delivery, so i asked them is it possible to stuff it into taxi, she said not possible. But they did not offer to instal for me. $99 is offer model, most of them cost above $150

Meaning more expensive ones will have less stains & scratches? i think the stains that u are referring to are the part at the base where there is water. Will top portion have any scratches?

My friend told me there are 2 types, one is those that we use in normal hdb, small pool of water. There is another type used by hotels where the water is more.

I am also getting my WC for Lorong 44 leh.. But I don't see any one with the price tag you mentioned. I ended up getting a WC for 280 bucks. :unsure: Am I being hacked by the sales person? She told me that the mechanism is different from normal WC.. Saying that after each flush, the water will take a shorter time to 'refill'.. I also don't know how true..

rigel very experience on installing toilet bowls. call them again to check the installation charges.

converting a squat to sitting will cost more.

the toiletbowl's packaging is huge...unless you call for those MPV taxis(toyota hilux).

I am also getting my WC for Lorong 44 leh.. But I don't see any one with the price tag you mentioned. I ended up getting a WC for 280 bucks. :unsure: Am I being hacked by the sales person? She told me that the mechanism is different from normal WC.. Saying that after each flush, the water will take a shorter time to 'refill'.. I also don't know how true..

internal cylinder mechanism around $25-$45.00

even those water saving types cost about $100 nia.

HOW good you want your water tank mechanism to be? :good: sing songs when watertank is full? :good:

Hi,

My toilet bowl is Bellavista brand and came with the apartment. Recently, the water flow became very slow and the WC took very long to fill up (and flush is not strong). My not very 'handy man' husband managed to unscrew the lid and removed the mechanism. He concluded that the rubber (what do you call it) is slightly torn and water is rushing out from that part. I think he is right as we compared this with another WC that is working fine.

Where do we get a replacement for the rubber (a black ring-like shape)? Do we need to change the whole internal mechanism (checked with neighbourhood h/w shops but none have)?

Anyone knows which shop carries Bellavista brand?

rigel very experience on installing toilet bowls. call them again to check the installation charges.

converting a squat to sitting will cost more.

the toiletbowl's packaging is huge...unless you call for those MPV taxis(toyota hilux).

internal cylinder mechanism around $25-$45.00

even those water saving types cost about $100 nia.

HOW good you want your water tank mechanism to be? :good: sing songs when watertank is full? :lol:

Meaning I am being hacked ar? :unsure:

The WC are not dleivered yet.. I can change the WC and get cheaper ones, then use the remaining $$ to buy some other accessories.. But the WC they have, all 200 over one leh.. She said the ones I am getting is the most basic models liao.. Or is it becoz of branding? :good:

And if WC is not meant to be so exp, why some brands can sell up to a few hundreds or a few thousands? 8|

Where do we get a replacement for the rubber (a black ring-like shape)? Do we need to change the whole internal mechanism (checked with neighbourhood h/w shops but none have)?

can try your luck at homefix(thomson branch), just bring the washer(black rubber) there and ask the sales to help you find- it's actually on a shelve right at the end of the store.

Meaning I am being hacked ar? :unsure:

The WC are not dleivered yet.. I can change the WC and get cheaper ones, then use the remaining $$ to buy some other accessories.. But the WC they have, all 200 over one leh.. She said the ones I am getting is the most basic models liao.. Or is it becoz of branding? :good:

And if WC is not meant to be so exp, why some brands can sell up to a few hundreds or a few thousands? :good:

simi brand? Toilet bowl wrap with LV leather? Or made with italian marble?

if you have already commited, then too bad lor. for me i will go for the $99 Rigel.

some famous brands - rigel, american standard, toto...etc

can try your luck at homefix(thomson branch), just bring the washer(black rubber) there and ask the sales to help you find- it's actually on a shelve right at the end of the store.

simi brand? Toilet bowl wrap with LV leather? Or made with italian marble?

if you have already commited, then too bad lor. for me i will go for the $99 Rigel.

some famous brands - rigel, american standard, toto...etc

Brand is Marie Claire.. I don't go for brands for toilet and kitchen accessories.. No point mah..

I buy coz the sales person was telling me how good it is.. 1st time buying WC, that's why tend to believe whatever they say.. :unsure:

Only Thomson branch? Is there anything special about this branch that is different from others?

I notice that in some shops, they sell nothing less than $200. Those at jalan besar will sell like $150. The $99 sold by rigel is a bit rare. Jalan besar is really the place for budget budget people. Some sinks were sold for only $60.