Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Toilet Bowls

Hi, I have just got a resale unit and am thinking if I should replace the toilet bowls..

If we were to change, does it necessarily mean that we have to hack the toilet tiles ard the toilet bowl? This will more or less tell me if I should go for it or not.. hee.. :P

TIA!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It really depends if you want to change it or not :P

I changed mine when I bought my resale flat 2 mths ago, though the toilet bowl had been upgraded and changed 5 yrs ago during upgrade.

No, you do not need to hack the toilet tiles around the bowl. The plumber knows how to do it. Mine toilet floor was still swee swee before and after changing the toilet bowl :good:

oh great.. that's really a consolation. :good: at least I can truly go and consider if I wanna change the toilet bowls now, but i will decide after i get my keys and inspect the toilet bowls more closely.. :P

oh great.. that's really a consolation. :good: at least I can truly go and consider if I wanna change the toilet bowls now, but i will decide after i get my keys and inspect the toilet bowls more closely.. :P

Actually, much depends on the toilet bowl and the cement used. I had to re-install my toilet bowl when the first plumber did a bad job of installing. So my ID got another plumber for me.

The second plumber team was able to "slice" through the white cement without damaging the bowl, although before they began they were quite worried and cautioned me on the possibility of damage to the bowl.

Also, most plumbers do not apply silicone sealant to the pan collar, because most bowls are completely sealed, so no smell is detected after installation. Otherwise the toilet will stink because bad odor escapes from the unsealed pan collar into the toilet room, as in my case, reported on my blog.

Suggest you ask yr plumber to apply silicone sealant in any case, even if your bowl is completely sealed. If the pan collar is not sealed with silicone, the toilet will still smell because the cement base develops tiny cracks after several years of wear and tear.

Haven't you noticed old toilets stink sometimes? :yamseng:

Edited by BlueFly