Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Toilet Bowls

a contractor quoted me $560 for 2 toilet bowls. ex or not ah?

i dunno want to take this out of the quote or not, and go and source for 1 that i like.

is the base part standard for all toilet bowls or....?

Edited by phoenix

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Phoenix, u can flip through past 1 week's classifieds, one shop at geylang selling it for $158 plus installation. If u kiasu, even if u top up $100 & select a more exp one, total of 2 is still cheaper than $560.

Only Thomson branch? Is there anything special about this branch that is different from others?

thats the branch that i frequently goes to - thats why i know they have it.

not all homefix branches have everything.

is the base part standard for all toilet bowls or....?

the part where the dirtystuffs will be flushed...the sewage.

you need to measure, usually it's a 6" or 9", got some are 7".

just pull a measuring tap and put it against the wall, stretched to the end part of the toiletbowl then snap a pic and show the salesperson. they can tell what size it is.

Hi Phoenix, u can flip through past 1 week's classifieds, one shop at geylang selling it for $158 plus installation. If u kiasu, even if u top up $100 & select a more exp one, total of 2 is still cheaper than $560.

hi nipponho, thanks... i will check it out.

but me also cannot buy now leh... havn't start reno.

the part where the dirtystuffs will be flushed...the sewage.

you need to measure, usually it's a 6" or 9", got some are 7".

just pull a measuring tap and put it against the wall, stretched to the end part of the toiletbowl then snap a pic and show the salesperson. they can tell what size it is.

thanks! :dribble:

hello,

which brand of toilet bowl is good?

can share which brand u got, was it good and how much u paid for it?

how much should i be paying for contractor to do installation for me?

thanks!!

I am using Laufen for my current home. But I can tell you that a Laufen WC is no different from a normal WC. Seriously. The toilet clips for the seats were all in plastic, and guess what, over time, one by one, they snapped. I had to put stainless steel replacements from the distributor, and each pair cost a bomb.

In my new home, I will be using American Standard (from Hoe Kee). The model is Acadia. What I like about it is that it is one solid piece. No joints, and therefore does not trap dirt.

We are using the model called Cassanowa WC come with with slow down seat cover for the common bathroom. It's low height and quite big so very nice to sit and do your business comfortably. Think it's made in Taiwan. Got it for around $290. The master bathroom got the model called Verlin with slow down seat cover and paid around $320.

Try to get the right collar adjustment and not too big extension. Also try to see if there are enough gaps & heights in case the brown things needs to flush smoothly without block/jam.

If can, see if you can have the Gebert flushing system installed.

Can look at my blog (post #324) for pics.

Cheers

hello,

which brand of toilet bowl is good?

can share which brand u got, was it good and how much u paid for it?

how much should i be paying for contractor to do installation for me?

thanks!!

I am using Laufen for my current home. But I can tell you that a Laufen WC is no different from a normal WC. Seriously. The toilet clips for the seats were all in plastic, and guess what, over time, one by one, they snapped. I had to put stainless steel replacements from the distributor, and each pair cost a bomb.

In my new home, I will be using American Standard (from Hoe Kee). The model is Acadia. What I like about it is that it is one solid piece. No joints, and therefore does not trap dirt.

hi chunky monkey,

how much u paid for your american standard from hoe kee?

We are using the model called Cassanowa WC come with with slow down seat cover for the common bathroom. It's low height and quite big so very nice to sit and do your business comfortably. Think it's made in Taiwan. Got it for around $290. The master bathroom got the model called Verlin with slow down seat cover and paid around $320.

Try to get the right collar adjustment and not too big extension. Also try to see if there are enough gaps & heights in case the brown things needs to flush smoothly without block/jam.

If can, see if you can have the Gebert flushing system installed.

Can look at my blog (post #324) for pics.

Cheers

hi lifestyle,

does slow down seat mean it won't slam if u accidently let go while putting the seat down? errr.. like blum system? hahaha...

the gerbert flushing system comes separately from the price of the bowls or....?

thanks.

hi lifestyle,

does slow down seat mean it won't slam if u accidently let go while putting the seat down? errr.. like blum system? hahaha...

Yup..but over the course of usage (not sure how long...1yr?) the slow down mechanism will become normal i was told.

the gerberlt flushing system comes separately from the price of the bowls or....?

Yes but some brand change the flushing system to have the Gerberlt system and sell together.

thanks.

hi chunky monkey,

how much u paid for your american standard from hoe kee?

Urm .... I can't recall. But I think it's in the $600 price range. When I got the same thing for my mother 2 years' ago, it was about $800. Yup, prices did come down alright.

This is the only American Standard WC I bought for my whole house. All the other WCs are Cotto. Cheap and good from Nam Wah warehouse sale. Cheap cheap.

Urm .... I can't recall. But I think it's in the $600 price range. When I got the same thing for my mother 2 years' ago, it was about $800. Yup, prices did come down alright.

This is the only American Standard WC I bought for my whole house. All the other WCs are Cotto. Cheap and good from Nam Wah warehouse sale. Cheap cheap.

my parents place is using the cotto brand. seems alright after several yrs, but the seat like a bit shaky.

my contractor is quoting me a baron brand. not sure if its good or not, but is a 'made in china' i think. he claims its good! (well then again, which man will say the pdt he providing not good. :dribble:).. comes with soft closing too.

Edited by phoenix

^^ We did pay a little bit more for soft closing seats. It's my first time trying out Cotto and slow closing seats. If things don't work out for me, I am prepared to change all the WCs in the house in the speed of light!

One think i learn about choosing toilet bowl is really 2 things;

1. Ease of cleaning

2. Comfort

For pt #1, depends on who cleans it :dancingqueen: , probably will have the loudest say. I have seen some of the bowls that has a step structure and that is quite difficult to clean, if you have one that is flow thru', easier in my opinion.

For pt #2, this one very personal, depending on your habit on what you do when you use the bowl. Some people read and spend quite a bit of time sitting on it, so it got to be comfortable. Insure you have the right size for your behind and also the height of the bowl. The height of the bowl also helps on your feets, you can tip top or have it flat on the bathroom tiles. :D

Best for #2 is to go the showroom and sit on the toilet bowl see if that suites you. So far, i am not very brand concious but really based on my earlier 2 requirements.

Hope this helps you serach for your "pot of gold". :yamseng:

p/s: There are bowls that is fixed to the wall instead of the floor, as you don't have the toilet bowl legs on the floor, this also help to clean the behind of the toilet bowl but then again, it depends on weight and plumbing as well to determine what you need. !!

^^ We did pay a little bit more for soft closing seats. It's my first time trying out Cotto and slow closing seats. If things don't work out for me, I am prepared to change all the WCs in the house in the speed of light!

My blog showcases some nice toilets, featuring Bellavista from SSC, Toto from Fullsun, American Standard from Hoe Kee, and Oxo from Indulge @ Balestier.

Take a look before you go shopping for a toilet, saves you time. :dancingqueen:

hi all

I bought Baron brand w.c and wash hand basin .

Total including bifold door, i spent $600 including installation. from the shp at geylang lor 44.

Is this expensive?

Can anyone pm me what is the name of the 'popular' shop at geylang lorong 44? im currently looking for 2 WCs and it's the 1st time im getting it, so im afraid will kena carrot-chop or get the wrong size. :unsure:

My contractor told me the one for the master bathroom is 9.5inch and common is 4.5inch. Does it mean that I can just let the sales staff know the 2 sizing and choose 1 suitable one in the correct size? are there any other important things i should look out for? pls share :bow: