Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gadgetgal

Gadgetgal's Home Sweet Home

gadgetgal, Henry fast or not? by the way, when ur renovation be completing?

for me, i am going to meet him tomorrow to discuss more details. i really hope he can start work ASAP lor. cos i need the house before CNY.. *sigh*

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi GAD

I live in blk25b...so far still waiting for the keys for months.

Even my next door neighbour already move in (blk 25a, 5 rooom), and I still stuck in the old hdb flat.

I am on the very high floor. hehehehehe

So, unable to post pic right now...only can take pic outside and surrounding the blk 25b. You may see my blog.

My id suggested to put a dinning table at the suggested study room.

A good idea also.

As what you say, put a day bed will be nice. Yeah, confirm will be buying one and put it near the window.

i plan to put dining table..haha can look out the full panel window while having meals...sound good hehe

hi gal, your kitchen is L shape with the basin at the end of the kitchen too? or a long straight kitchen?

:thumbs up:

for me, i am going to meet him tomorrow to discuss more details. i really hope he can start work ASAP lor. cos i need the house before CNY.. *sigh*

For me, he is okay, dun wish to push him.. cause wish him to do a good job, rather than fixing a badly done job.I think.. roughly it took around 7-8 weeks (not including some waiting time with HDB to do cement screeding).

Total, I would say 2 full months... cause we need some time to breath.. get ideas.. think through what will be best for us and also source for our stuffs too.

i plan to put dining table..haha can look out the full panel window while having meals...sound good hehe

hi gal, your kitchen is L shape with the basin at the end of the kitchen too? or a long straight kitchen?

:)

erm,.. nice idea.. :D

We don't have much choice too, cause we have big families where siblings may come bunk in from time to time :D

One thing is that you really need to walk a long way to reach to that dining table.. end of the house to another end!:good: (our 5-rm kitchen is long)

At least I am kinda grateful I still have place for a proper dining table even after the box up..

And well, for those doing box-up partition on your SSR/suggested study room, I would say the dining area will be a bit dark (if your SSR's door is closed) around 4-6 pm, my box up is done, and I just feel so. :unsure:

But again, that depends on the direction of the sun (mine 25A, very few afternoon sun).

Was thinking to put a reflective paper and paste it at the bottom of my tempered glass kitchen door (or design something,cut it and paste it), so lights coming from the living room straight to the kitchen can reflect a bit of the natural light to the dining area.

Another option is to create a top window on top of SSR's door (which can be opened or closed to have better ventilation). Dunno workable or not... :good:

Anyone has any other suggestions/ideas?.

Edited by gadgetgal

Hmm instead of trying to attract the natural light in, why not design your dining like an outdoor?

Ceiling painted sky blue with clouds? And maybe a few cosy lights to "act" as sun.

Just my 1 cents worth! :dancingqueen:

And well, for those doing box-up partition on your SSR/suggested study room, I would say the dining area will be a bit dark (if your SSR's door is closed) around 4-6 pm, my box up is done, and I just feel so. :bow:

What happen??

Hi elaine, ours also got Henry to do part of the renov... my timeline also same as yours :bow:

:yamseng:

For my kitchen it is going to be full L-shape and full top and bottom cabinet.

It is going to be a nice setting and ambience...:dancingqueen::jawdrop:

But you gotta walk from one end to another from the kitchen... time to buy trolley and put everything on it and push it to your dining table in the SSR area! :P

haha....

Hmm instead of trying to attract the natural light in, why not design your dining like an outdoor?

Ceiling painted sky blue with clouds? And maybe a few cosy lights to "act" as sun.

Just my 1 cents worth! :)

Hmm... sounds like a good idea,...

will check with my HB and see.... thanks prodigic!

What happen??

Well, there are two panel of windows in SSR which let the light comes into the dining area (if you do not do partition), and also a full height window from LR which also let the light comes in.

After partition is up, a portion (I would say 30-40%) of light from LR is blocked by the partition (corner of the partition), and if the SSR door is closed, I foresee it will be even darker (now my SSR door is not installed yet).

So thinking of ways to brighten up my dining area with natural lights without having to switch on dining room light all the time (save electricity and natural light is better for the eyes).

Before I forgot, that area I think will be darker or worst during night time. Anyone going out from the bedroom to common toilet in the middle of the night may not be able to see anything, cause the street light/building light is not going to flow into that area, and people walking in the middle of the night may hit the dining table/chair.

Haizz... either have to install reflective items beside the kitchen door or on the tempered glass door or cut out a glass window on top of the SSR door.

Happy, you have any plan with your SSR?. what do you think of if you are in my shoe? ideas/suggestions? :jawdrop:

Edited by gadgetgal

It's around $94 per foot run,actually some other renovator quoted $90 pfr (which is normal), my mistake as I didn't nego for this and I overlooked this item. kena katok around $80 for whole kitchen.

At the moment, not much of a plan yet, you can put a daybed, a study table or entertainment area,game room for kids, future kids bedroom, etc..something like that.

Hi GAD

Your $90 pfr is your granite top for the kitchen? Are you using black galaxy, etc..?

Sorry for asking.

HAPPY

Hi GAD

Your $90 pfr is your granite top for the kitchen? Are you using black galaxy, etc..?

Sorry for asking.

HAPPY

No problem for asking.. that's what reno forum is about... it's about sharing!

err.. we have not yet decide on the color yet. Mostly will take bright color (MIL shortlisted white), renovator has not officially show us anything, we saw it during the early days of our contractor sourcing.

The one which is quite popular I believe are 'imperial galaxy' (black color) or 'Pearl White' (white color)

I believe it is from China (some contractor who try to con you may say it is from India, and charge you higher).

btw, mine is around $94 pfr.

Happy, you have any plan with your SSR?. what do you think of if you are in my shoe? ideas/suggestions? :disturb:

Hi GAD

Initially, I wanted to box up the ssr, but my wife against the idea, told me not to box up, making the living room bigger. Yeah, I saw my neighbour also blk25a 5 room, the ssr abit dim.

1) How about having a design mirror on the wall where you put your dinning table?

2) How about downlights over at the wall where you put your dinning table, at night if going to kitchen, can switch on the down light...means the switch will have to install beside the bedroom door enterance. A bit silly suggestion, hope you wont laugh at it.

3) For MBR bedroom going to kitchen will have not problem right?

The one which is quite popular I believe are 'imperial galaxy' (black color) or 'Pearl White' (white color)

I believe it is from China (some contractor who try to con you may say it is from India, and charge you higher).

btw, mine is around $94 pfr.

Oic...$94 pfr for imperial galaxy (you mean those shiny eyes on it?), blue pearl cost around $120 pfr...that is a great different!

Granite top blue pearl? is it so special?

is it more expensive than other color due to more popular demand?

That granite from where har? china/india?.

This post has been edited by gadgetgal: Yesterday, 01:41 AM

APPLE using blue pearl, you may see her blog.

Yes should be from India...very nice and wonderful.

But expensive...you may consider having blue pearl for your kitchen top. It really looks classy!

for countertop, it's a personal choice bah

we checked out the most commonly available granites and found that we love the blue pearl

if you want to see it, you can go to the jewellery shop across the side road from lucky chinatown

they are using blue pearl as floor tiles, really :(:) :)

hi gadgetgal,

hows impress work so far? any regrets? when's your handover by the way? i have actually also short listed them.

may i know for your tiling living/dining, how big is your floor area? whats the price range of your tiles?

was there another separate costing for sand & cement?

thanks! 8|

Edited by phoenix

I think sand cost is $1100.

hi gadgetgal,

hows impress work so far? any regrets? when's your handover by the way? i have actually also short listed them.

may i know for your tiling living/dining, how big is your floor area? whats the price range of your tiles?

thanks! !!

hi gadgetgal,

thanks! :D

Hi Phoenix,

sand cost depends on the area you have for Laminate flooring (the more laminate flooring, the cheaper the cost of the sand!).

Well, engaging any renovator, I believe have its good and bad, or ups and down, along the way you learn a thing or two, and it becomes an experience.

For cement, no, that should not be inside your cost, it is part of the materials+labour of the tiling.

Btw, for your info, Impress-Henry do charge you extra if you select more expensive tilings, and will not rebate/refund you if you select cheaper tiles (I think below <$3).

But... you can try to circumvent that... let me know if you need to have some tips and tricks to help you with that, and I can share with you more, as I have walked that path...

And I would say, that path is not that easy.. :)

Btw, I hv replied to your PM.