Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jmania

What To Get From Bkk

Wah... tempted to go BKK again after reading all de posts here...

wan to get a designer chair(those egg, ball chairs n etc).. Chatuchak gt sell(cos don remember seeing any maybe i missed out for 2 ocassions? cock eyes.. lol..)? i think suan lum there abit exp..

and oso some nice deco items.. where to recommend? apart from those MBK.. anyone familar with khaosan rd? any gd stuff there?

TIA :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Im a regular BKK visitor & just came back last week.

Sum Luan Night Bazaar is still open. Packed as ever. Though the decor stuffs are very nice, the price is not so nice. Very touristy area. MRT stops at Lumpini.

Jatuchat. Shoppers paradise. I would advise one to start as early as 10am before the crowd gathers. Avoid going on sundays!!!! Its a sweaty body-to-body nightmare!!! Things are cheap & will be even cheaper if you know how to bargain. Me & wife bought some Thai bolsters, a teakwood Buddha face deco, some lights & some stuff. Very cheap!!!!

For chabors - shopping for cheap clothings, visit Platinum Mall. Aircon environment. Cheap if u buy a lot. Diagonally opposite of Platinum is Pratunam centre. Another Jatuchat, hot & stuffy. Guys can forget about this 2 places as its mostly gals clothes, accessories, shoes, bras & lingeries.

Instead, guys should head to MBK. One word, quite good lah......the top floor is the electronics heaven. HP, DVD, laptops, ripoffs etc etc

Makan - plenty. For the adventurous, go for the roadside stall. One word - we had 2nd helping. Phadthai, meatball noodles, grilled meat, river prawns & chicken, banana prata, u name it, we ate it. What stomach upset? If its good for the locals, its good for us too.

Or visit Chinatown for their seafood. Not so cheap but its fresh. No particular restaurant i can recommend.

Massage - cheap, clean & satisfying. Head & shoulder massage is only 180baht per hour. Fell asleep on the bed.

Word of caution - DONT TAKE TUK-TUK. Con men, all of them!!!!!!!

Cheers

Vince

Sum Luan Night Bazaar is still open. Packed as ever. Though the decor stuffs are very nice, the price is not so nice. Very touristy area. MRT stops at Lumpini.

Jatuchat. Shoppers paradise. I would advise one to start as early as 10am before the crowd gathers. Avoid going on sundays!!!! Its a sweaty body-to-body nightmare!!! Things are cheap & will be even cheaper if you know how to bargain. Me & wife bought some Thai bolsters, a teakwood Buddha face deco, some lights & some stuff. Very cheap!!!!

For chabors - shopping for cheap clothings, visit Platinum Mall. Aircon environment. Cheap if u buy a lot. Diagonally opposite of Platinum is Pratunam centre. Another Jatuchat, hot & stuffy. Guys can forget about this 2 places as its mostly gals clothes, accessories, shoes, bras & lingeries.

Instead, guys should head to MBK. One word, quite good lah......the top floor is the electronics heaven. HP, DVD, laptops, ripoffs etc etc

Makan - plenty. For the adventurous, go for the roadside stall. One word - we had 2nd helping. Phadthai, meatball noodles, grilled meat, river prawns & chicken, banana prata, u name it, we ate it. What stomach upset? If its good for the locals, its good for us too.

Or visit Chinatown for their seafood. Not so cheap but its fresh. No particular restaurant i can recommend.

Massage - cheap, clean & satisfying. Head & shoulder massage is only 180baht per hour. Fell asleep on the bed.

Word of caution - DONT TAKE TUK-TUK. Con men, all of them!!!!!!!

Cheers

Vince

yar!!!! go mBK, very nice stuffs down there.. esp for geeks like me.

and tuk tuk, ladies never take them! even guys! they bring u to seee ping pong show :notti:

Still open? Hmm... then mayb can go again.

Hi All,

Just came back over the weekend from Bangkok. Thanks for all the tips that was given. Went to the following places MBK, Platinum shopping ctr, Chathucak, Suan Lum, Pat Pong, Siam Ctr, Pratunam warehouse...

Good News.. Suan Lum is still open...

Furniture there is so gorgeous and cheap. :jawdrop: Be it the suspension bubble chairs, chandeliers etc...

My advise is if u looking for furniture and decor items, head to Suan Lum. Household items to Chatuchak. Garments and clothings to MBK or Platinum.

Stayed at Baiyoke boutique...thus able to go over to Baiyoke sky to have dinner buffet at a discount. View from the top is magnificient. Really recommend the hotel...

Hope this helps for those ppl who might plan to go over to Bangkok soon. Sawadeekap. :yamseng:

I am going to BKK in jun this yr. Planning to get wood home accessories & deco. not so much contemporary, more country style/modern country. can i find them at Suan Lum Bazaar? Wondering if i can skip it & just stick with CTC.

just stick with ctc as suam lam night bazzard is getting more ex and not much of country style stuff there unless u into antique furniture

not planning to get any furniture there but am keen antique accessories like clock, phones. are they avail at Suan Lum?

care to url or post a pic of the clock and phone style u looking for before i give u advise ,will chk out for u when i go sum lam, as for ctc they do hv some antique phone and clock there not sure whether is cheap or expensive compare to sg ,but defintely not dirt cheap for sure

That is so nice of u! :D Do u travel to BKK often for work or something? u seemed to be very well versed in the deco shops there.

I am looking either a cuckoo clock or an antique clock like this:

https://ssl102.webhosting.optonline.net/ros...loads/33167.JPG

But with numbers in 1,2,3 instead of the olden style numbering. teaching my girl time soon la ;)

Antique phone something like this:

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00O...e-CT-TF023-.jpg

Do u know if it is true that the "Home decor" section of CTC is open all week? I read it on a website somewhere.

will look out for you for the clock and phone at ctc and night sum lam

ctc furniture/ deco area is open all week but monday more shop tend to be close so best to avoid monday

by the way you know where the ctc furniture/ deco area right ?

Thanks for offering to check them out! :)

Based on this website (& map):

http://thailandforvisitors.com/central/ban...chak/index.html

my understanding is that i can find the home deco shops in the sections surrounding the tower clock as well as the "home deco" area in blue? which one would u advise i head for 1st? pricewise.

during my last trips i hv only been to the shops surrounding the tower clock. but this is the 1st time i would be looking out for home deco stuff at CTC. perhaps u can advice me on which section i should focus on if i am keen on small home accessories? wooden, ceramics, magazine folders & containers in natural materials (for my teak open bookshelf u see), floral/patchwork bedsheets, paintings...anything vaguely country style. i did quite a bit of research online & home deco shops seems pretty scattered all over the main market :(

hello

the blue home deco area u should go there and take a look first , after that go to the area that is opposite the farmer market subway

it is the one that look like a twelve brick looking area in your map they sell home deco there too, i know they make the home door number in country style there

after that u can walk back to j j mall to cool down as that the only air con shopping centre, and there home deco plc in there too