am looking for new oven to buy.

read through the entire thread on build-in oven and came to a conclusion of

Brandt FE811XS1 and Electrolux EOB31001X

seriously, which is better? i cant decide

the price is almost similar.

its hard to choose

can u help me?

million thanks!! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For pyro ovens, what is the recommended AMP?

The sales recommended 30AMP. The oven which i'm looking at says power rating 3500W.

Anyone with experience or knowledge to advise? Thanks.

Moonlit, thank you.

The user guide says 3500W. So it should be 16AMP.

But sales guy say some experienced oven tripped? Any experience with tripped oven?

I bought Bosch HBN 331E2J yesterday from Mega Discount at $689 (includes GST and delivery)...

Had wanted to get Brandt FE811 but salesperson kept telling me Bosch better leh. So I went ahead lor, since it's also well within my budget. haha.

Btw, I just wonder how much it cost to get another grill tray? I prefer to bake cookies and cupcakes all at once rather than in batches leh. Can this Bosch oven I bought do this job well? If yes, then anyone knows where can I get the grill tray and how much is it?

Can consider two 45cm ( oven and steam oven ) Can built it on top of each other . As some ppl will have concern that after grilling , the inner cavity will be dirty and hard to clean and the smell will be there as it may effect the next food that you may want to steam .

KM

Hi KM,

I would love to have a steam oven to prepare meals while my daughter likes to learn some baking (probably I will roast or bake occasionally). What are the brands/models you would recommend for two ovens - oven and steam oven (any sizes) to be built on top each other? Priorities being features, user friendliness & design?

Tks in advance!

i installed Hobz hob and hood on top of my Tecno TM28 built in oven. everything have been working beautifully so far

The user guide says 3500W. So it should be 16AMP.

But sales guy say some experienced oven tripped? Any experience with tripped oven?

I've no experience with tripped oven. All I know is salespeople and other users have been saying due to the humid weather in Singapore, the oven should be turned on at least once a month to avoid condensation built-up (which in turn might cause tripping). Same goes for other appliances, like bread machine.

As long as you know the current/voltage requirements of your appliances and get a qualified electrician to install the appropriate power points, should be alright. :)

Dear Kitchen matters,

I hope that you are reading this.

I have tried to send this mail as private mail but your inbox is full.

I seek your expertise urgently.

My budget is between SGD2000 and SGD 2500 and I am looking for an oven, steamer and microwave.

For oven/microwave, i am looking at the selected models from brandt.

Brandt FP867XS1

Brandt FE811XS1

Brandt FC842XS1

Brandy ME 655XG

I will be using the oven to bake cookies , cakes and to grill chicken. Which model will be a better choice?

At the same time, I am looking at the Panasonic Microwave oven SNN-SV30YPQ which allows me to steam/ microwave food.

Which will make a better combination?

Thank you!

Melodyfloss

hi KM,

your reputation in tis forum as the kitchen connoisseur is undisputed.

hope u r able to give yr comments regarding these statements I picked up somewhere in the forum too

1. "catalytic panels need to be changed at least annually. so better to get a pyrolytic one instead?"

2. "pyrolytic uses more electricity due to requirement to heat the oven to certain degrees to begin its pyrolytic cleaning"

yr insights for the statements above appreciated!

1. "catalytic panels need to be changed at least annually. so better to get a pyrolytic one instead?"

2. "pyrolytic uses more electricity due to requirement to heat the oven to certain degrees to begin its pyrolytic cleaning"

hey ne0, one of the reasons we are aiming for the particular Bosch oven model is because it uses the Ecolyse technology. Apparently it pretty much works like a catalytic, but the cherry is you do not need to change the panels..ever! If you decide to look into the Ecolyse tech, I suggest you go to the showroom direct instead of the retail stores. Sales folks will pretty much tell you & sell you anything just to fulfil margins ;)

pt2 is correct.

hey ne0, one of the reasons we are aiming for the particular Bosch oven model is because it uses the Ecolyse technology. Apparently it pretty much works like a catalytic, but the cherry is you do not need to change the panels..ever! If you decide to look into the Ecolyse tech, I suggest you go to the showroom direct instead of the retail stores. Sales folks will pretty much tell you & sell you anything just to fulfil margins ;)

pt2 is correct.

tks for the heads up, mate!

bosch to brandt, a few salesman has told me bout how light or how plastic their doors seem to be (though nt sure if tat's critical in terms of performance)

and been a few places i hear salesman preferring a brandt to a bosch (unless margins are higher selling a brandt)

tat aside, mind if i probe how much is the HBA56B550A (i assume is the only model with the ecolyse tech) from Bosch cost?

my current quote for the brandt oven is 1.2k. bosch is cheaper or more expensive?

also, anyone know how much is to buy a catalytic panels from Brandt?

does the frequency of using the oven affects the annually changing of the panels?

cause changing the oven would mean changing my build in microwave as well.

dont like too many different brands in the house

sorry for the flooding of questions!