Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lauahkua

Urgent Please Help!

You have got a screwed up agent!

The OTP needs all owners signature to stand as a valid binding contract! Your agent failed to verify this, you should have a case against your agent!

You also have a screwed up lawyer! Your lawyer should validate the OTP before giving you any advice but instead went ahead to send the letter of demand! Since the OTP is void, you might not have a case against the seller! Check with your lawyer!

HDB officer also screwed up!

They have the detail information of ownership of a property. Before registration, can't they verified that all signature have been signed?

Good luck man! Hope everything will be ok for you!

I dont know why but i cant help laughing reading your reply... Its so funny the way you mentioned the phrase so screwed up. Its last comic standing man

But seriously you should write in to HDB to give your feedback. They take it quite seriously. I complimented one guy on his good attitude in email and the manager replied a few days later.

Edited by Junkay

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks so much! you guys are very helpful. Your replies really cheered me up! Now still waiting as the indian sellers still giving excuses to drag for time. Stressful as my lease is expiring in nov and the rental will be a 100% increase.

I'm looking urgently to buy another flat now. Aiyah! so stressed up, feel like going to jump............................... longkang only lah, guys! Thanks again and good day.

So did you finish your 1st appt or not?

No lah! my lawyer has been sending their lawyer demand letters also they don't bother! it's a long story, no energy to say now coz bz searching for new flat before my current rental lease xpires. Wish me luck!

Hi! me again asking you guys for opinion. Will you buy a resale HDB unit which is bare? as in original condition when first bought from HDB. Cement flooring, only kitchen and toilet tiles as the owner never stayed there before? Valuation is 320k owner asking for 18k, is it too much? BTW, it's in woodlands about 600m from MRT.

Hi! me again asking you guys for opinion. Will you buy a resale HDB unit which is bare? as in original condition when first bought from HDB. Cement flooring, only kitchen and toilet tiles as the owner never stayed there before? Valuation is 320k owner asking for 18k, is it too much? BTW, it's in woodlands about 600m from MRT.

woolands can get 320k? Is it a jumbo flat? woodlands is quite far from town yes? But every TIBS bus travels there i think. Personally I wouldnt pay 18k for an original state flat. In fact I would ask for a below valuation price.

woolands can get 320k? Is it a jumbo flat? woodlands is quite far from town yes? But every TIBS bus travels there i think. Personally I wouldnt pay 18k for an original state flat. In fact I would ask for a below valuation price.

5 rm only not jumbo. 122sqm, quite near mrt high floor. Last year jumbo flat going at this price but I didn't buy. Viewed some units last year all gg below value but not any more now as I think valuations are being fixed high so that hdb can clear their flats.

I also wish I can get it at value but unfortunately no leh. Now all the sellers open their mouth big big want to swallow you. Even those very teruk ones also asking for 10-20k above value. Hard to get below unless low floor which I don't like.

Not worth it. No harm offering at valuation price, u might just get lucky. They will probably turn it down, check back 2 weeks later, if the unit is still in the market, ask your agent to make last offer of 5k cov. Then take a wait and see approach.

Hi, I offered 8k and the agent said that he will try to convince the seller. He wants me to give a deposit of 1k in check before he speaks to the seller. Is this the normal practice?

He also kept saying that there are others offering, can't trust these agents. Do you guys think that 8k is worth it? bear in mind the unit is bare! totally NO reno yet.

Hi, I offered 8k and the agent said that he will try to convince the seller. He wants me to give a deposit of 1k in check before he speaks to the seller. Is this the normal practice?

He also kept saying that there are others offering, can't trust these agents. Do you guys think that 8k is worth it? bear in mind the unit is bare! totally NO reno yet.

1k in cheque paid to who? I guess your agent is playing a mind game here, probably the unit is not being offered as claimed by him. The 1k should be part of the 5k used to exercise the OTP. Thus, this 1k should be made payable to the seller and not a cash cheque.

What u need to do:

1) Signed on the OTP, make sure that the unit address, name of seller and selling price is stated clearly.

2) Cheque pay to the seller. Behind put "1k used for OTP on unit xxxx"

Now as for whether it is worth it or not depends on u. For me i will decide based on the direction, which floor, amenities etc, reno is the least. U might not like the theme/design but u can redo on your own.

My agent used the same approach as your agent :bleah:

Seller asked for $50K COV, I offered $20K only. Agent asked me to give him a check payable to seller and signed the OTP form. At the same time, he said there were many viewers and some gave higher verbal offers.

Well, since that is high floor and quite near to MRT, then 8K is still ok based on the current market. Nevertheless, you must be comfortable with it.

You can save some $$ on hacking since that flat has nothing at all except kitchen and toilet wall tiles.

Sigh, just a 3-room flat in TPY sold for $330K :jawdrop: This price can get a 5-room flat in Woodlands liao.

My agent used the same approach as your agent :bleah:

Seller asked for $50K COV, I offered $20K only. Agent asked me to give him a check payable to seller and signed the OTP form. At the same time, he said there were many viewers and some gave higher verbal offers.

Well, since that is high floor and quite near to MRT, then 8K is still ok based on the current market. Nevertheless, you must be comfortable with it.

You can save some $$ on hacking since that flat has nothing at all except kitchen and toilet wall tiles.

Sigh, just a 3-room flat in TPY sold for $330K :jawdrop: This price can get a 5-room flat in Woodlands liao.

The approach is good if u r really keen on buying the unit. Like i was keen in an EM in Bukit Gombak, high floor, unblocked view, need only minor touch up(15k at most) cos unit well maintained, NS facing, near amenities etc, only draw back is loud track noise from MRT. The seller said cov nothing below 50k. But i only willing to offer 40k because of the noise but in the end i up it to 43k and signed a 1k cheque for seller but seller did not break so no deal. Thus it is a mind game played on the seller, if the seller is desperated to sell then u would have a upper hand and it might just work when seller see $$$.

Thanks chronograph, ya the check is for the seller as the agent said that it will be easier for him to nego with seller if i show my sincerity. The check is what he so- called sincerity. The unit is totally bare as the seller left it empty after buying from HDB 9 years ago.

As I'm taking a bank loan therefore the cash and reno cost will work out to a huge sum. That's why I have to be careful not to make a mistake in buying a house that's too ex! It's value at 320k plus cov I offer 8k, expected reno cost 40k plus agent fee 1% and 5% cash payment coz bank loan.

This unit high floor, abt 500 m from mrt and corner.

Thanks chronograph, ya the check is for the seller as the agent said that it will be easier for him to nego with seller if i show my sincerity. The check is what he so- called sincerity. The unit is totally bare as the seller left it empty after buying from HDB 9 years ago.

As I'm taking a bank loan therefore the cash and reno cost will work out to a huge sum. That's why I have to be careful not to make a mistake in buying a house that's too ex! It's value at 320k plus cov I offer 8k, expected reno cost 40k plus agent fee 1% and 5% cash payment coz bank loan.

This unit high floor, abt 500 m from mrt and corner.

Seriously, your choice is pretty clear, u have to ask yourself whether u like the unit? Offer if u r really sure about it. Besides, your earlier purchase, what are your options?

I quite like this unit as it's like a brand new hse, nobody stayed b4. U mean earlier purchase as in the one in clementi that didn't went thru? My lawyer is still waiting for a reply from that indian seller. Looks like very hard for me to get compensation from them.