Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spiffmiffed

3room Corner Flat #04 Which Faces Carpark And Mainroad

i bought a 3a flat whose kitchen faces the car park. As flat is on level 4, I am worried abt the noise level. Also, flat is very near the road. I am very perplexed as I cannot sleep in aircon and is highly sensitive to noise. Any one can share their experience in staying at flats near the open air car park?

thanks.

spiffmiffed@yahoo.com

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Aiyah! did u bought it cheap? if cheap then not so bad if not just too bad! Sorry, I din mean to splash cold water, just speaking the truth. In the first place, never buy unit facing car park especially on low floors. Just think every minute got car come into the car park, day and night, 24 hours a day.

At night will be worst coz the headlights might shine into your room.

Anyway, you have already bought so no choice but have to learn to live with it loh. Hopefully you will get used to it as time goes by.

i bought a 3a flat whose kitchen faces the car park. As flat is on level 4, I am worried abt the noise level. Also, flat is very near the road. I am very perplexed as I cannot sleep in aircon and is highly sensitive to noise. Any one can share their experience in staying at flats near the open air car park?

thanks.

spiffmiffed@yahoo.com

why this flat got so much you-dont-like-it stuffs yet u still buy?........anyway, u lucky cos only your kitchen is facing the carpark.........for me, my previous flat, the hall is facing the carpark.......everynite those cars frontlights will shine into the house.....i remember a buyer tell me sarcastically that my house must be very busy at nite........haha, i act blur...........at nite when you sleep.....some inconsiderate person will purposely starts their engine....and the sound can wake u up......but look at the positive side........you will get used to these negative stuffs eventually......... :unsure:

4th floor may not be so bad. The car shining in will only affect the ground and 2nd floor units, unless it's near a multi storey carpark then it'll affect up to the 7th or 8th floor.

Look at it positively if you're driving, at least you do not need to walk a distance to the carpark. When i bought my previous unit, i wasn't planning on driving and thus did not think of the carpark. But when i bought my vehicle, i realised that my block is suited at the furthest end... and need to walk about 7-10 mins to the carpark.

4th floor may not be so bad. The car shining in will only affect the ground and 2nd floor units, unless it's near a multi storey carpark then it'll affect up to the 7th or 8th floor.

Look at it positively if you're driving, at least you do not need to walk a distance to the carpark. When i bought my previous unit, i wasn't planning on driving and thus did not think of the carpark. But when i bought my vehicle, i realised that my block is suited at the furthest end... and need to walk about 7-10 mins to the carpark.

Well said.........living near carpark also got its advantages too.........like GoalHome mention...........u walk less to your car....... :unsure:

Rgds,

James

My unit (3rd floor) also facing a six floor multi-storey carpark. I believe that there's always a certain distance from the multi-storey carpark to your house. Its not really that bad as in the car headlight is able to shine into the house. I find that its ok leh.... :sport-smiley-004:

Perhaps part of the reason is very little or no car are parking at my floor level..cos most of the cars are parking at Basement and ground floor ..

Perhaps part of the reason is very little or no car are parking at my floor level..cos most of the cars are parking at Basement and ground floor ..

You're lucky. Where i'm staying now, the MSCP is nearly at full capacity. If come back later at 11pm, nearly guaranteed a moon-tan spot at the top open floor on the 6th level.

I think maybe not much ppl own cars around my Blk area, cos infront of my multi-storey carpark is the MRT.

But when it comes to weekend (esp Sun), some cars filled up to my floor level .. (cos its for mainly non-season parking).

Your neighbours there seemed rich, alot of ppl own cars... :sport-smiley-004:

Your neighbours there seemed rich, alot of ppl own cars... :sport-smiley-004:

Haha wish its true then i can go 'stick off' some gold from them!

Poor planning i would say, 1 MSCP for 9 blocks of flats, and each level has at least 12 units. They had only catered for less than 20% of the residents for the sheltered carpark lots.

Open-air carpark quite harmless, no much noise as compared to multi-storey carpark. Use to still at #04 with kitchen facing open-air carpark, can hardly hear anything. Don't worry.

As for main road.... that will be challenging....

I think maybe not much ppl own cars around my Blk area, cos infront of my multi-storey carpark is the MRT.

But when it comes to weekend (esp Sun), some cars filled up to my floor level .. (cos its for mainly non-season parking).

Your neighbours there seemed rich, alot of ppl own cars... :yamseng:

yo lavendery,

i guess you staying at blk 22 or 23, while i am at blk 21. Either you are not driving or you are happy with parking at 3rd storey and above even with a season parking ticket. i woud say 90% of the time when i come home after work, i only got to park at non-season parking lot which is 3rd floor and above. sianzzzzzzz.......!

And you are right, weekend and public holidays are worst. Even my friend who work in town, parked his car here and take MRT to work which is 2 stations away.

ps: 1, new coffee shop at blk 26, i think? the food quite nice, 24 hrs some more!

2, if you know anyone staying at Central Green, see if they can help you to get a resident pass, save the season parking fee. hee........!

cheers!

Haha wish its true then i can go 'stick off' some gold from them!

Poor planning i would say, 1 MSCP for 9 blocks of flats, and each level has at least 12 units. They had only catered for less than 20% of the residents for the sheltered carpark lots.

Luckily my area is not meant to cater for 9 blocks of flats. Else everyday after work, its gonna be a stressful thing for people who drive ~ finding parking lots....

My area MSCP is cater for around ~5 blocks...kekeke

Edited by lavendery

yo lavendery,

i guess you staying at blk 22 or 23, while i am at blk 21. Either you are not driving or you are happy with parking at 3rd storey and above even with a season parking ticket. i woud say 90% of the time when i come home after work, i only got to park at non-season parking lot which is 3rd floor and above. sianzzzzzzz.......!

And you are right, weekend and public holidays are worst. Even my friend who work in town, parked his car here and take MRT to work which is 2 stations away.

ps: 1, new coffee shop at blk 26, i think? the food quite nice, 24 hrs some more!

2, if you know anyone staying at Central Green, see if they can help you to get a resident pass, save the season parking fee. hee........!

cheers!

Wow, i got a neighbour here!! U live at which floor?

I'm from Blk 22. My hubby is driving, but not me. I take MRT to work.

He usually reach home before 7pm after work, by then he usually ends up parking at the 1st floor level (one level above the MSCP ground floor).

If those ppl who work in town also buy season parking coupons, then its more challenging for us to find good parking lots already. We are always target to park at ground floor. But its usually often mission impossible :P

P/s: I noticed that there's always a beige colour van which is forever parking at the same parking lot at ground floor MSCP everyday since day 1 i moved into my new house (4mths already). It doesn't drive away, doesn't move...it just keeps renew its season coupon......

Yea, there's a new coffeeshop, theres also a banner hang out at the "Tiong Bahru Court" area. Spotted it yesterday when driving by. Haven't tried it though, cos its still a distance away even though its just 1 school + 1 block away. It takes around 6-8 mins+ to walk there Any good recommandable stalls there? I also intend to give it a try by these few days. :(

Try to know people from Central Green? Good idea, haha. But this is the most expensive condo in the area, and its those super rich people. Difficult to get close to them, need to find a way.. Perhaps just bride the security guard :wub:

Edited by lavendery

Wow, i got a neighbour here!! U live at which floor?

I'm from Blk 22. My hubby is driving, but not me. I take MRT to work.

He usually reach home before 7pm after work, by then he usually ends up parking at the 1st floor level (one level above the MSCP ground floor).

If those ppl who work in town also buy season parking coupons, then its more challenging for us to find good parking lots already. We are always target to park at ground floor. But its usually often mission impossible :dunno:

P/s: I noticed that there's always a beige colour van which is forever parking at the same parking lot at ground floor MSCP everyday since day 1 i moved into my new house (4mths already). It doesn't drive away, doesn't move...it just keeps renew its season coupon......

Yea, there's a new coffeeshop, theres also a banner hang out at the "Tiong Bahru Court" area. Spotted it yesterday when driving by. Haven't tried it though, cos its still a distance away even though its just 1 school + 1 block away. It takes around 6-8 mins+ to walk there Any good recommandable stalls there? I also intend to give it a try by these few days. :curse:

Try to know people from Central Green? Good idea, haha. But this is the most expensive condo in the area, and its those super rich people. Difficult to get close to them, need to find a way.. Perhaps just bride the security guard :furious:

hi lavendery,

while we are neighbour now, soon i ll be moving out. enjoy you stay at JM, i really love this place, very convenience, peaceful, clean and safe neighbourhood, lots of makan,...............aiya can write until the cow come home. i would not have sold my flat if not for the $$$.........hee...........$$$face!

better pen off right now, its getting off track. paisay.............

Sorry to thread starter to hijack your thread :P

Cheers!