Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Is Purple Too Much For The Living Room?

Hi All,

i just chose my living room's colours and was wondering if anyone could tell me if i use lilac frost for the main walls, lilac brook for the feature wall and country blossom for accentuation, is it too much purple for the eyes?

Please advise before i buy the paint.

Edited by fifteenmay

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

is lilac frost the white based colour?

i had used something like that and it takes 3 coats just to see a little tinge of purple, still look white from normal viewing distance :D

find that it's really a personal taste bah

your colour choice sounds really good to me

would have done this if FS allows :good:

is lilac frost the white based colour?

i had used something like that and it takes 3 coats just to see a little tinge of purple, still look white from normal viewing distance :dancingqueen:

find that it's really a personal taste bah

your colour choice sounds really good to me

would have done this if FS allows :notti:

Hi Applefreak.

wow that takes a load off my mind! i was worrying that it would be too much for the eyes when you walk in from the door.. Lilac frost has a tinge of purple and gray under tone.. but i am just afraid that what it looks like in the catag comes out different on my wall :yamseng:

That is why.. before I paint any exotic colour, I normally buy a 1 Ltr can, paint a 1mX1m patch then stare at it day and night.

Normally.. first choice dun seem right. Imagine having to look at a boo boo for the next few yrs....

seriously, was using lilac frost and painted 3 coats

but most of my visitors say my walls are white :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Applefreak,

i painted my walls liao and it came out real nice! Even my parents complimented on it, when previously they were skeptical.

Only difference is that my feature wall is a darker purple than lilac brook (Was using leftover paint)

Thanks for the advice!

Lilac Frost is such a nice colour! A tinge of gray or purple when i looked at it from diff directions :bangwall:

Hi Applefreak,

i painted my walls liao and it came out real nice! Even my parents complimented on it, when previously they were skeptical.

Only difference is that my feature wall is a darker purple than lilac brook (Was using leftover paint)

Thanks for the advice!

Lilac Frost is such a nice colour! A tinge of gray or purple when i looked at it from diff directions !!

chuanpark156rd6.th.jpg When you enter

chuanpark160gi2.th.jpg

Feature wall with Lilac Frost walls

Not too certain of how to project images directly here..

Edited by fifteenmay

Must say that the colour for the walls when first entering looks reminiscent of the cool charming modern country feel with a tinge of victorian style cos of the gate grills and the white main door leh.

While for the feature wall, your purple is stronger than my study room's but overall looks good. The thing is I can't see any tinge of grey or purple on the rest of the walls if its lilac frost. Looks normal white to me.

nice colours, not overpowering at all :notti:

wah fifteenmay, your balcony is :):(

Hi Applefreak, Thanks for the compliment! it was your earlier comment that made me go ahead with the colour! i am glad i did.. now it looks modern yet cosy... glad i did not go with the normal brown and grey tones... :yamseng:

Yup, the balcony is one of the strong points. Actually its a condo apartment on the 17th Floor and its not mine! :P My parents bought it but i intend to rent it from them after my wedding in 09 for a year plus thats why they ask me to choose the colours, plus the fact they think i have a good eye for colour.. :(

Must say that the colour for the walls when first entering looks reminiscent of the cool charming modern country feel with a tinge of victorian style cos of the gate grills and the white main door leh.

While for the feature wall, your purple is stronger than my study room's but overall looks good. The thing is I can't see any tinge of grey or purple on the rest of the walls if its lilac frost. Looks normal white to me.

Hi Bun Bin,

Thanks for the good feedback! i love the feel of it now...

The purple for the area where you first enter is the mixture of the leftover lilac frost paint and the dark purple colour. have to say my mum did a good job of the mixing! 8|

Feature wall colour was orginally supposed to be lighter but as we had leftover paint, we just used that and i think it complements the outside colour..

Maybe its my photo taking but when we first stepped in, we saw a very light tinge of purple when reflected on the feature wall, but in darker corners, it look a slight tinge of grey.

:bangwall:

Hi Applefreak, Thanks for the compliment! it was your earlier comment that made me go ahead with the colour! i am glad i did.. now it looks modern yet cosy... glad i did not go with the normal brown and grey tones... :good:

Yup, the balcony is one of the strong points. Actually its a condo apartment on the 17th Floor and its not mine! :) My parents bought it but i intend to rent it from them after my wedding in 09 for a year plus thats why they ask me to choose the colours, plus the fact they think i have a good eye for colour.. :(

guessed it from your pix name :)

really love the result of the painting, makes me wanna paint my room :notti:8|