Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokine9a

$4.80 Psf For Supreme Ac5 Laminated Flooring

<quote>I am quote 4.20psf for their AC5 hard wood grade. (haven't filter in GST). He run a package for me as in 4.2psf for 3 rooms (147Sqf). IF exceed, it will be free.

Does your 4.3 include GST already? Who your sale pax?

Cheap or not?

What to look out for? it seem they have a few AC5 model too.</quote>

$4.30 exclude GST leh :( Wah, $4.20 is very attractive. Maybe I was doing 2 bedrooms only, so the sales guy refused to cut down further. But I saw him quoting a couple at $4.80 for their 5-room flat during the exhibition.

What to look for will depend on what colour and design you want. All AC5 are of the same material and thickness. The sales guy told me many young couples go for African Black. I prefer something lighter and with curve lines pattern, so I chose California Oak.

<quote>kind to englight why i should go for a more expensive one with only 15 years warranty?

So far i only know krono and supreme...</quote>

If you choose Pergo, you are going for the quality brand. Just like you choose Prada for its name :notti: From what I know, Pergo is a famous brand with long history in making laminate flooring. If the price between its Msian made product and other Msian made product are not much diff, then I think you should consider Pergo.

IMHO, 15 yrs warranty and life-time warranty are not a big issue. If your laminate flooring is of good quality and well installed, and if it does not give you problem within 15 yrs, then unlikely it will give way after that. However, I read from some reviews that the after sales service for Pergo is not very good. Not sure if this is still the same now, you need to find out more if you go for Pergo.

Kronotex and supreme are just the 2 commonly used companies by IDs. You have a choice to go for other brands. Don't limit yourself to these 2 :)

I want cheap and good. so 4.2 is a good price?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Softballer

can advise what is the size of your platform?

as in sq feet

from my limited experience, its quite pricey and it also depends on price of laminate

thanks

:yamseng:

not that sure leh..

i think the diameter is about 2.5 m.

it is a semi-circular.. how many feet is it?

the laminate she is recommending is power dekor or asia dekor.. cant rem clearly..

not that sure leh..

i think the diameter is about 2.5 m.

it is a semi-circular.. i think ard 70 to 80 sq ft. But my ID say need to get at least 200 sq ft for the platform which is about $760. and cos it is circular i think the construction of the platform is also more ex.

the laminate she is recommending is power dekor.. cant rem clearly..

softballer thanks

semi circular is around 8 feet in diameter

seems like quite a nice size

price dont sound too much tho

i am just thinking that if its around 250 sq feet = 1.4k

1 sq foot around 6bucks?

going to get some quotations and i am doing a squarish platform

will revert

It is an attractive price based on what I have paid, but it also depends on how high your standard is. To me, though I am using Supreme, $4.20psf matches their standard/quality. Not really that fantastic. Imagine they can start quoting me at $4.80psf, reduced to $4.30psf, and then yours at $4.20psf. This means their cost should be even lower in order to make profit :jawdrop:

However, $4.50psf for Pergo is what I think cheap and good, knowing that Pergo is a branded name in laminate flooring. In Mandarin, there is this term called "1 cent $$, 1 cent product" :notti:

Still, the decision is yours, think wisely :)

It is an attractive price based on what I have paid, but it also depends on how high your standard is. To me, though I am using Supreme, $4.20psf matches their standard/quality. Not really that fantastic. Imagine they can start quoting me at $4.80psf, reduced to $4.30psf, and then yours at $4.20psf. This means their cost should be even lower in order to make profit :jawdrop:

However, $4.50psf for Pergo is what I think cheap and good, knowing that Pergo is a branded name in laminate flooring. In Mandarin, there is this term called "1 cent $$, 1 cent product" :notti:

The pax which i talked to is a asst sale director.

I wonder how many director they have. :)

Anyway i just gathering ideas. ....

Still blur.

softballer thanks

semi circular is around 8 feet in diameter

seems like quite a nice size

price dont sound too much tho

i am just thinking that if its around 250 sq feet = 1.4k

1 sq foot around 6bucks?

going to get some quotations and i am doing a squarish platform

will revert

the part that I am not very happy is that i am paying for 200 sq feet (minimum) of laminate. yet my ID tell me that my circular platform not gg to use whole thingy..still waiting for her to msg me the dimension of the platform :dunno:

But say that the firm has to quote a minimum size for the platform (no matter the size of the platform) :furious:

my laminate is power dekor.. think is $3.8 psf. anyway know if it is gd or jus normal.

my laminate is power dekor.. think is $3.8 psf. anyway know if it is gd or jus normal.

Just normal. Good ones are those at least $8.

Yes, also consider normal :P Cos to me, not biased but Msia made can never beat Europe made.

If you look at Kronotex higher range series, those 12mm ones, you can see that the texture, feeling and design really beat those 8mm ones. Well, some might say that for home use, no point to go for 12mm.

My bf was very keen at Kronotex but I didn't want to spend too much on laminate flooring as I was not sure if that was what I want. In the end, I turned to Supreme for their cheapest offer.

the part that I am not very happy is that i am paying for 200 sq feet (minimum) of laminate. yet my ID tell me that my circular platform not gg to use whole thingy..still waiting for her to msg me the dimension of the platform :dunno:

But say that the firm has to quote a minimum size for the platform (no matter the size of the platform) :furious:

Oh thats funny

Maybe u should ask ur ID reason lor

Have not heard on minimum size yet

have u chosen the laminates yet?

http://www.powerdekorgroup.com/Certificates.asp

u can check it out and decide if you like it

Oh thats funny

Maybe u should ask ur ID reason lor

Have not heard on minimum size yet

have u chosen the laminates yet?

http://www.powerdekorgroup.com/Certificates.asp

u can check it out and decide if you like it

not sure too.. dun really think she is bluffing me ba..

but i still not very please with that idea.. that i will not get to use the remaining 120 sq feet (wasting 300 to 400 dollars), assuming that they use 80 sq ft for my 60 sq ft semicircular platform..

wondering if they can use the remaining at another place.

dunno that power dekor is made in china.. but the rest of the laminate also from places like msia.. cheap labour cost ba..

anyone has any experience with power dekor laminate?

Edited by softballer

i m planning to installl pergo but they quoted me 5.5 psf, do you have any contacts that quote you for 4.5psf? i m interested. thanks

i just bought it at expo. got it for $5. Initial quote was $5.20. seems like we really need to squeeze those sales until dry dry to get a good deal.

3 bedroom cost me around $2.7k. one id quoted me $2.9k close to $3k for 3 bedroom using china brand laminate with 15 yrs warranty. so afterall still happy.