Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokine9a

$4.80 Psf For Supreme Ac5 Laminated Flooring

Not a prob, strychnine.

I'm using Supreme's also. But I bought from Supreme directly at the price offered at expo last year. Besides working out the price per psf, you got to factor in the GST as well. For the catalogs of the samples by Supreme, those are in a big book right? Yokine9a is right about supreme's flooring being made in malaysia.(Not all though). You can try supreme's website for more details. www.supremefloor.com.sg

It is thick for the smaller samples from the perception & carrying the book samples is kind of heavy, so you need to ask for a sample of the long plank in the colour you choose. Supreme brought 4 samples of the colours in the long plank versions we'd choose. Out of the 4, we'd narrowed it down to 3 colours for the final selection. The long plank sample will give you a better idea how thick it is supported by the foam/rubber underneath.

If i remember right, Kronotex sounded a bit heavy & solid during an presentation at the expo exhibition. I was impressed with kronotex's presentation but the price was another factor. Much more ex than supreme :yamseng:

From what i read, AC5 provides a lifetime warranty and i guessed the quality must be much better..

but i'm wondering.. for residential home.. is there a need to use AC5 instead of AC3???

btw wat is the price for AC3 and AC5 psf

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Softballer, We'd had laminated flooring for whole house except kitchen & balcony hence went for AC5. Infact, we'd originally wanted to go for AC3 in the bedrooms but after hearing the salesman's points on why AC5 is better.

AC3 has at most 10 years warranty while AC5 has a lifetime warranty. Somemore AC5 is more stable where high human traffic occurs. AC3 is safe in bedrooms only as the human traffic is not high in bedrooms if I remember right. The aftersales service is good. Just no questions asked when we spotted a couple of problems & the guys came down to fix it promptly on the arranged date.

AC3 is should be at 3-4 per psf while AC5 is around 4-5 per psf. Am not sure if the prices are still the same in the market now. :yamseng:

From what i read, AC5 provides a lifetime warranty and i guessed the quality must be much better..

but i'm wondering.. for residential home.. is there a need to use AC5 instead of AC3???

btw wat is the price for AC3 and AC5 psf

Edited by BunBun

Is AC3 and AC5 same thickness, thought of having AC3 in bedroom (less shifting of furniture) and AC5 in living room (more human traffic, more shift furniture).

My nephew does 'cycle' around the living house (kid's size with no pedals). would there be a prob with AC5?

AC3 I am not sure as I didn't get to see the actual ones, only the small samples at expo.

AC5 is meant to stand high human traffic so i think it should not be a problem for you. If in doubt, you can check with your preferred laminate floor brand :(

Is AC3 and AC5 same thickness, thought of having AC3 in bedroom (less shifting of furniture) and AC5 in living room (more human traffic, more shift furniture).

My nephew does 'cycle' around the living house (kid's size with no pedals). would there be a prob with AC5?

Yes, AC3 and AC5 are both 8mm. From what the sale guy told me in the expo, the price difference between AC3 and AC5 is just a few cents psf. Not to forget that AC3 is made in China whilst AC5 is made in Malaysia. If you do not plan to live in your new house for more than 10 years, then go for AC3 :unsure:

Although Supreme gives lifetime warranty, not to forget that this does not cover human mistake like warping due to untreated water or dropping sharp objects on the floor. As for cycling around the house, really cannot answer you as I have not tried it before :P If the tyres are made in rubber instead of rough metal, I think it should be ok.

During the last expo in Feb, I managed to get a $4.30 psf from Supreme. Their AC3 is around $4 psf from what I know.

Yes, AC3 and AC5 are both 8mm. From what the sale guy told me in the expo, the price difference between AC3 and AC5 is just a few cents psf. Not to forget that AC3 is made in China whilst AC5 is made in Malaysia. If you do not plan to live in your new house for more than 10 years, then go for AC3 :D

Although Supreme gives lifetime warranty, not to forget that this does not cover human mistake like warping due to untreated water or dropping sharp objects on the floor. As for cycling around the house, really cannot answer you as I have not tried it before :( If the tyres are made in rubber instead of rough metal, I think it should be ok.

During the last expo in Feb, I managed to get a $4.30 psf from Supreme. Their AC3 is around $4 psf from what I know.

Hi yokine9a,

I just talked to Supreme in Expo exhibition yesterday. It seem they charge extra for the rubber /foam under the wood, for abt $1 per sqf. Did they charged you extra for the rubber as well?

Thanks very much!

Yes, the last time I asked them, there was an extra charge for the rubber at $1 psf. But no charge for the foam. This foam came free for me.

I did not ask for the rubber as I personally find it too expensive. This rubber is meant to reduce the hollow sound when you are stepping on the laminate flooring. If you are very particular about the sound, then no choice you might want to pay for it.

Initially I was not quite used to the hollow sound, I thought the wood would crack when I stepped on it. But after a few days, I think the wood has settled down and it is not so noisy now. Or maybe I have gotten used to it :yamseng:

But one thing you got to make sure is, your crement screed or tiles underneath the wood should be as smooth as possible.

Yes, the last time I asked them, there was an extra charge for the rubber at $1 psf. But no charge for the foam. This foam came free for me.

I did not ask for the rubber as I personally find it too expensive. This rubber is meant to reduce the hollow sound when you are stepping on the laminate flooring. If you are very particular about the sound, then no choice you might want to pay for it.

Initially I was not quite used to the hollow sound, I thought the wood would crack when I stepped on it. But after a few days, I think the wood has settled down and it is not so noisy now. Or maybe I have gotten used to it :bangwall:

But one thing you got to make sure is, your crement screed or tiles underneath the wood should be as smooth as possible.

Thanks for your advice :yamseng: ya i oso felt the rubber is quite expensive, but am afraid my floor may not be smooth enough (mine is terrazzo floor, fr abt 20 yrs ago :yamseng: ). I worry that after they lay without the rubber then i regret and hv to re-do again..

Do a careful look on your Tarrazzo floor, has it been maintained well? Any big cracks or broken chips? If no, then I guess it should be quite safe for you to do without the rubber sheet. My personal view, the workmanship 20 years ago is better than what we are getting now. Still, the decision is yours ;)

But do you have any Tarrazzo skirtings? You need to get your contractor to hack them away. The laminate flooring guys don't do such job.

Do a careful look on your Tarrazzo floor, has it been maintained well? Any big cracks or broken chips? If no, then I guess it should be quite safe for you to do without the rubber sheet. My personal view, the workmanship 20 years ago is better than what we are getting now. Still, the decision is yours :D

But do you have any Tarrazzo skirtings? You need to get your contractor to hack them away. The laminate flooring guys don't do such job.

Hi yokine9a,

I am quote 4.20psf for their AC5 hard wood grade. (haven't filter in GST). He run a package for me as in 4.2psf for 3 rooms (147Sqf). IF exceed, it will be free.

Does your 4.3 include GST already? Who your sale pax?

Cheap or not?

What to look out for? it seem they have a few AC5 model too.

Thanks.

Edited by big orange

Hi yokine9a,

I am quote 4.20psf for their AC5 hard wood grade. (haven't filter in GST). He run a package for me as in 4.2psf for 3 rooms (147Sqf). IF exceed, it will be free.

Cheap or not?

What to look out for? it seem they have a few AC5 model too.

Thanks.

Why not go for Pergo at $4.50 psf (Malaysian made, not the expensive Swedish-produced one)?

At that price Pergo is compeitive with other brands.

Pergo has beautifully grained floor planks (see blog).

Pergo was the first in the world to produce and market laminated floors and I believe it is superior to laminated floors produced by other factories, because of the many innovations and patents that Pergo has taken out.

Had I known Pergo offers made-in-Malaysia floor tiles under its name @$4.50 psf including installation I would have gone for that instead of the Premier brand floor planks I ended up with.

I am certain the Malaysian-made Pergo would have most of the features of the Swedish produced one, but with 15-yrs' guarantee instead of lifetime. That may be because as a marketing strategy, Pergo has to differentiate its more expensive Swedish product from the cheaper Malaysian cousin. :yamseng:

Why not go for Pergo at $4.50 psf (Malaysian made, not the expensive Swedish-produced one)?

At that price Pergo is compeitive with other brands.

Pergo has beautifully grained floor planks (see blog).

Pergo was the first in the world to produce and market laminated floors and I believe it is superior to laminated floors produced by other factories, because of the many innovations and patents that Pergo has taken out.

Had I known Pergo offers made-in-Malaysia floor tiles under its name @$4.50 psf including installation I would have gone for that instead of the Premier brand floor planks I ended up with.

I am certain the Malaysian-made Pergo would have most of the features of the Swedish produced one, but with 15-yrs' guarantee instead of lifetime. That may be because as a marketing strategy, Pergo has to differentiate its more expensive Swedish product from the cheaper Malaysian cousin. :yamseng:

kind to englight why i should go for a more expensive one with only 15 years warranty?

So far i only know krono and supreme...

Thanks.

<quote>I am quote 4.20psf for their AC5 hard wood grade. (haven't filter in GST). He run a package for me as in 4.2psf for 3 rooms (147Sqf). IF exceed, it will be free.

Cheap or not?

What to look out for? it seem they have a few AC5 model too.</quote>

$4.30 exclude GST leh :( Wah, $4.20 is very attractive. Maybe I was doing 2 bedrooms only, so the sales guy refused to cut down further. But I saw him quoting a couple at $4.80 for their 5-room flat during the exhibition.

What to look for will depend on what colour and design you want. All AC5 are of the same material and thickness. The sales guy told me many young couples go for African Black. I prefer something lighter and with curve lines pattern, so I chose California Oak.

<quote>kind to englight why i should go for a more expensive one with only 15 years warranty?

So far i only know krono and supreme...</quote>

If you choose Pergo, you are going for the quality brand. Just like you choose Prada for its name :notti: From what I know, Pergo is a famous brand with long history in making laminate flooring. If the price between its Msian made product and other Msian made product are not much diff, then I think you should consider Pergo.

IMHO, 15 yrs warranty and life-time warranty are not a big issue. If your laminate flooring is of good quality and well installed, and if it does not give you problem within 15 yrs, then unlikely it will give way after that. However, I read from some reviews that the after sales service for Pergo is not very good. Not sure if this is still the same now, you need to find out more if you go for Pergo.

Kronotex and supreme are just the 2 commonly used companies by IDs. You have a choice to go for other brands. Don't limit yourself to these 2 :)

<quote>I am quote 4.20psf for their AC5 hard wood grade. (haven't filter in GST). He run a package for me as in 4.2psf for 3 rooms (147Sqf). IF exceed, it will be free.

Cheap or not?

What to look out for? it seem they have a few AC5 model too.</quote>

$4.30 exclude GST leh :( Wah, $4.20 is very attractive. Maybe I was doing 2 bedrooms only, so the sales guy refused to cut down further. But I saw him quoting a couple at $4.80 for their 5-room flat during the exhibition.

What to look for will depend on what colour and design you want. All AC5 are of the same material and thickness. The sales guy told me many young couples go for African Black. I prefer something lighter and with curve lines pattern, so I chose California Oak.

<quote>kind to englight why i should go for a more expensive one with only 15 years warranty?

So far i only know krono and supreme...</quote>

If you choose Pergo, you are going for the quality brand. Just like you choose Prada for its name :notti: From what I know, Pergo is a famous brand with long history in making laminate flooring. If the price between its Msian made product and other Msian made product are not much diff, then I think you should consider Pergo.

IMHO, 15 yrs warranty and life-time warranty are not a big issue. If your laminate flooring is of good quality and well installed, and if it does not give you problem within 15 yrs, then unlikely it will give way after that. However, I read from some reviews that the after sales service for Pergo is not very good. Not sure if this is still the same now, you need to find out more if you go for Pergo.

Kronotex and supreme are just the 2 commonly used companies by IDs. You have a choice to go for other brands. Don't limit yourself to these 2 :)

my ID recommend me to use asia dekor for my semi-circular platform.

it costs me 1.4k (the construction of the platform and the laminate)

think it is very ex..

what you guys think??

Hi Softballer

can advise what is the size of your platform?

as in sq feet

from my limited experience, its quite pricey and it also depends on price of laminate

thanks

:yamseng: