Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Spray Paint Over Toilet Tiles

I did my toilets a few months back ( jus before CNY) My friend saw the transformation " faith coat" did to my toilets and was very impressed and keen to do the same for his toilets.

A renovation company at tampines offered a much cheaper quote and claimed that they are using similar product as "faith coat". My friend engaged his service and it turn out to be a nightmare.

They spend 2 days just doing 1 toilet floor. Worst of all, the floor looked patchy and was still sticky on the 3rd day. They came back to redo the job but there were still some patches. My friend was utterly disappointed.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I did my toilets a few months back ( jus before CNY) My friend saw the transformation " faith coat" did to my toilets and was very impressed and keen to do the same for his toilets.

A renovation company at tampines offered a much cheaper quote and claimed that they are using similar product as "faith coat". My friend engaged his service and it turn out to be a nightmare.

They spend 2 days just doing 1 toilet floor. Worst of all, the floor looked patchy and was still sticky on the 3rd day. They came back to redo the job but there were still some patches. My friend was utterly disappointed.

i see

what about this company Designerflakes? they quoted be 1400 (for the same job which faith coat quoted me 2000). They have also been in the business for a long time (they say 20 years)

i see

what about this company Designerflakes? they quoted be 1400 (for the same job which faith coat quoted me 2000). They have also been in the business for a long time (they say 20 years)

Before I engaged "faith coat" service, I did my home work to survey the coating industry already. From what I know, designer flake is not a company. I think it's a term they use in Austria for the kind of material used. It links to an Austrian web site.

The company name is "something Trend" ( can't recall since as I've drop it from my list) This company has been in business for a long time doing painting, not coating works. They offered me a much cheaper quote before. But the price is way below other coatings companies and that worried me. They also need 2 days to do a floor, like the one at tampines.

"faith coat" charges is something like market rate, not too high and not too cheap. I decided to go for "faith coat" is because of recommendation and good services. The sales person was very patience and not pushy to close deals. He actually give u time consider and compare.

U can go around to compare. But if something is too cheap compared to the rest....... I think something is wrong somewhere.

Before I engaged "faith coat" service, I did my home work to survey the coating industry already. From what I know, designer flake is not a company. I think it's a term they use in Austria for the kind of material used. It links to an Austrian web site.

The company name is "something Trend" ( can't recall since as I've drop it from my list) This company has been in business for a long time doing painting, not coating works. They offered me a much cheaper quote before. But the price is way below other coatings companies and that worried me. They also need 2 days to do a floor, like the one at tampines.

"faith coat" charges is something like market rate, not too high and not too cheap. I decided to go for "faith coat" is because of recommendation and good services. The sales person was very patience and not pushy to close deals. He actually give u time consider and compare.

U can go around to compare. But if something is too cheap compared to the rest....... I think something is wrong somewhere.

thanks for your input david, so are you happy with the job Faith Coat did? do you mind sharing pics? color trends(the deisgner flakes people) give a 3 year warranty while faith coat gives 2 years, although i know this doesn't reflect much, but it shows some ocnfidence. And 600$ savings is a lot to us :(

anyone who did their work with color trends/designer flakes can give me their recommendation?

$1,400 to do kitchen wall and floor? Why so cheap? I thought average cost is between $1800 to $2000+ depends on kitchen size?

The sale guy under quote you or he/she trying to engage in a price war? I thought a company in business 20 years should know the market rate.

nope, he said his rate is 1500$ but if choose the standard colors can make it 1400$

his samples look similar to faith coat, so j ust wondering whether anyone has experience with them

and for such a niche type of product, "market rate" maybe somewhat subjective

nope, he said his rate is 1500$ but if choose the standard colors can make it 1400$

his samples look similar to faith coat, so j ust wondering whether anyone has experience with them

Hello my dear friend, this service has been in singapoe for so long (at least for more than 10 years). For sure there must be an average range of costing. Every trade will be the same, whether niche or not.

thanks for your input david, so are you happy with the job Faith Coat did? do you mind sharing pics? color trends(the deisgner flakes people) give a 3 year warranty while faith coat gives 2 years, although i know this doesn't reflect much, but it shows some ocnfidence. And 600$ savings is a lot to us :(

anyone who did their work with color trends/designer flakes

can give me

I'm happy with the job done, especially their services. Don't know how to post the pics. PM me your email and I'll forward to you.

1348641495' post='748424']

i see

Hi, can I have the designerflakes contact pls. Maybe I will try out their services . U an SMS me at 94509300Thks

"Tutto Asia" , another local product. Received their brochure and made enquires before. Very new into this floor coating industry using colour flakes. I guess still going thr the learning curve.

I've seen those raw flakes (both locally produced and imported) at the singapore expo. I'm not trying to bilittle local product, but by the look, I can see a great difference in terms of quality and of course can roughly work out the cost of production between the 2. Just can't figure out why the locally produced one turned out to be more expensive than the imported flakes. $605 vs $550 per toilet floor??

I've seen those raw flakes (both locally produced and imported) at the singapore expo. I'm not trying to bilittle local product, but by the look, I can see a great difference in terms of quality and of course can roughly work out the cost of production between the 2. Just can't figure out why the locally produced one turned out to be more expensive than the imported flakes. $605 vs $550 per toilet floor??