Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
imidazole

Home Guide Vs Spacedefine

One of them is my ID. Job has just completed and I've taken over the keys last Sat. I won't recommend the ID as I encountered delays (about 2 months) and shoddy workmanship. The good thing is they are willing to compensate their wrong doing with other FOC jobs but I would rather not have these.

Seaview...appreciate if you could PM me too. thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi seaview.. i am begining to doubt my choice... well... actually now they are half-way through the renovations and i have found that they keep telling me that many works need extra payment :dunno:

some things like extra lighting point needs $$ and after dismantling my wardrobe they say need to vanish the parque and need $$ they have charge me another additional 2k on those excluding the parque vanish and the pulling of scv point..... i tot that was all included in the contract.

i feel like cheated..... and then now they asking for another 1k plus for other thgs.... My question was.. how come they never tell me in the first place that need to add so many $$ on top of the contract i have sign....

1st contract : 25k plus.. and 2nd one 1.9k and now the third one!! 1.6k!:bangwall: Was thinking if i should terminate altogether and ask someone else to take over from here!! Its ridiculous . altogether the whole house renovation comes up to almost 29K!

And they were telling me that other ID firms that quotated me 27k did not include all electrical works.... i feel that they are doing the same as well.....

I should have choosen spacedefine in the first palce.... kind of regret...... I just told them about my feelings yesterday.. still waiting for them to reply me.

Am i the only one with this problem????

seaview,may i knw who is ur ID?

I havent seen the workmanship yet. will come back on that in near further

Hi....

regarding the addition charges for the electrical and scv, i think it is the same for all the IDs. i just check with my neighbour with another ID... he is also paying extra for his electrical work....

have u started ur reno??? where is ur new flat???

Hi....

regarding the addition charges for the electrical and scv, i think it is the same for all the IDs. i just check with my neighbour with another ID... he is also paying extra for his electrical work....

have u started ur reno??? where is ur new flat???

hi, the additon charges for the electrical and SCV points should be included in the contract in the very first place and not in the middle of renovation telling me that i must add these items ! Am i right? It doesnt make any sense I double check and I double ask the ID.... she say all included .. even the boss came out and talk to us saying that all electrical stuff are included.......

Then later want to add somemore.... not fair right???? But in the end they waive all the extra charges because it was their fault that they did not see the scv point need to be pulled out ..... and many others...

Mine is a condo at TPY

hi, the additon charges for the electrical and SCV points should be included in the contract in the very first place and not in the middle of renovation telling me that i must add these items ! Am i right? It doesnt make any sense I double check and I double ask the ID.... she say all included .. even the boss came out and talk to us saying that all electrical stuff are included.......

Then later want to add somemore.... not fair right???? But in the end they waive all the extra charges because it was their fault that they did not see the scv point need to be pulled out ..... and many others...

Mine is a condo at TPY

good to hear ur problem solved....

hope to hear more good news from u....

Mine is a condo at TPY

Hi....u sign with Home Guide

actually i followed my friend to get his quote recently and the electrical pt & SCV are included in his quotation

next time speak to the boss will be better....i'm still thinking whether to sign with them since u have some bad experience with them..... :unsure:

Hi....u sign with Home Guide

actually i followed my friend to get his quote recently and the electrical pt & SCV are included in his quotation

next time speak to the boss will be better....i'm still thinking whether to sign with them since u have some bad experience with them..... :unsure:

Halo, maybe u should see my post on the pics of my house. . . . I think last time I complained n they waived all the extra charges, it is because the designer never check properly thats y got this.problem The designer i engage is very new no experience. But I think the boss is ok.. they willingly to take responsibility, better than many companies that run away after renovation is completed.

i think can consider... because no comapny is 100% good... this is i would say not so bad afterall...

See my posting on 18 May

Edited by imidazole

Halo, maybe u should see my post on the pics of my house. . . . I think last time I complained n they waived all the extra charges, it is because the designer never check properly thats y got this.problem The designer i engage is very new no experience. But I think the boss is ok.. they willingly to take responsibility, better than many companies that run away after renovation is completed.

i think can consider... because no comapny is 100% good... this is i would say not so bad afterall...

See my posting on 18 May

Hi Imidazole...

ok i will do a search for pics of yr house...btw do u mind to share yr quote..

they charge 1.3k for the painting (4+1)...most of their IDs are quite young

headache still thinking whether to engage them

:unsure:

PM you already.

Hi Seaview,

Mind to share who is your ID....they are one of my shortlist...might drop them

btw...seem like yr reno take months....wonder can take finish mine within 5 weeks for partial renovation

Hi Seaview,

Mind to share who is your ID....they are one of my shortlist...might drop them

btw...seem like yr reno take months....wonder can take finish mine within 5 weeks for partial renovation

halo, mine they quote me 1.4k for 1109sqft house, but i think cannot see individual items one, coz some cheap some exp..... they manage to finish mine within 1 month.

halo, mine they quote me 1.4k for 1109sqft house, but i think cannot see individual items one, coz some cheap some exp..... they manage to finish mine within 1 month.

actually i find their quote quite expensive.....especially the kitchen cabinet & top even they are using their

own carpentary.

actually i find their quote quite expensive.....especially the kitchen cabinet & top even they are using their

own carpentary.

can cut the price? usually need to slash one dah...... :P they quote me 28k then i slash till 25k. maybe should try 23k.. haiz.. how much they quoting u for everythg?

can cut the price? usually need to slash one dah...... :P they quote me 28k then i slash till 25k. maybe should try 23k.. haiz.. how much they quoting u for everythg?

They will call me this week....wow amazing can slash by 3k. Maybe i will try my luck

thank ..will update.. cheers

Hi Imidazole,

Do mind to share your quote if convenient....can email to mankind36sg@yahoo.com.sg

cheers