Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yang Guo

Move In Procedures (help~)

yup phoenix,

thanks for your sharing, u gave us a valuable information :good::yamseng:

hey yang guo,

dun mention it. :notti:

so how did your moving in day go? all nicely settled in liao?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hey yang guo,

dun mention it. :)

so how did your moving in day go? all nicely settled in liao?

hehe i cooked my first meal in my life

cooked rice with my wife together, and 2 dishes (open can food and heat it up using my new stove)

enjoyed the simple meal

ohh but i didnt burn charcoal.. :dancingqueen:

apart from the charcoal,everything is fine. thanks =))

hehe i cooked my first meal in my life

cooked rice with my wife together, and 2 dishes (open can food and heat it up using my new stove)

enjoyed the simple meal

ohh but i didnt burn charcoal.. :sport-smiley-004:

apart from the charcoal,everything is fine. thanks =))

since nv do then dun worry too much abt it. happy is most impt. enjoy your new home. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by phoenix

@Phoenix

yep, no stangers suppose to kaypo during your moving in day. depends on how pan-tang u are, moving in day procedure should only involved those who are living in the house. when u eat your first meal (the moving in day), it also cannot include other people. coz it is said, like this your wealth will be shared by those at the table. keke..

How about our parents? If during the moving day, they came and visit us from overseas, can they involve, eg. having first meal together inside, follow us to open the door, overnight in the new place during their stay?

Cheers,

Vibranze

Edited by vibranze

@Phoenix

How about our parents? If during the moving day, they came and visit us from overseas, can they involve, eg. having first meal together inside, follow us to open the door, overnight in the new place during their stay?

Cheers,

Vibranze

for me parents definately ok.

ermm... i tell u what i did ok?

1) i got a mini stove-like thingy and burn charcoal until red red. then my ah lao rolled the pineapple in and shouted loud loud HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. (he roll until sibei zhun siah... it actually went one straight line right to the 'zheng chai wei'. !!

2) when charcoal is ready, he carried it in. walk around the house. then into the kitchen.

3) we got stuff like rice bucket, rice, salt, sugar, vinegar, sauces. (think 5 types is enuff liao). also got fresh flowers. and a bundle of chopsticks. and 5 dufferent types of fruits. (actually whats with the 5 ah? me also not sure, juz follow what fsm told me.)

4) then open all your windows, run all taps, on the stove also. a while can oready. (my contractor didn't connect the stove for me, when i asked him he said connect liao. so me improvised and put the burning stove-like thingy on my stove instead. :jawdrop:)

5) then boil some water and drink. some say make tea also can.

6) at night i cooked rice.

errmmm... i think thats about it! :jawdrop:

Hi,

For the moving in procedures, I hope to clarify on the fruits aspect.

As mentioned 5 types of fruits are required.

Since Pineapple is a MUST what about other fruits like: Pomelo, Banana, Oranges, Peaches.

Are these fruits ok for use??

And I would like to know how many of each fruit?

1 pineapple

1 bunch of Bananas

1 Pomelo

How many oranges?

How many peaches?

Thanks!

well, i wasn't told on the number of each type of fruits to get or the specific types, juz 5 types will do.

so i simply decided based on the amount of stuff i had to carry that day (and it was alot and heavy liao). so i juz got 2 of each (pair pair mah... like a 'couple' hehe) and the pineapple was a single one only. i got mango,orange, apple and pear and of coz the pineapple.

well, i wasn't told on the number of each type of fruits to get or the specific types, juz 5 types will do.

so i simply decided based on the amount of stuff i had to carry that day (and it was alot and heavy liao). so i juz got 2 of each (pair pair mah... like a 'couple' hehe) and the pineapple was a single one only. i got mango,orange, apple and pear and of coz the pineapple.

Yeah loh I found it kinda heavy already! Hahahahhaha

Ok thanks for the tip Phoenix!

Hi

need advice from gurus like MaCe. I got keys for my rental house, but will only move in around June. However need to go in to clean and do stuff there and also start moving some small items there. One FS fren says initial moving no need to do all the actual Kai Men stuff, just choose good time to go and start cleaning. Only actual moving in then do the full works. Is that true? :dunno:

Rgds

B

Hi! I came across this "cleansing" procedure from one of the web site I surfed.

Space Cleansing Procedures

I have been asked many times by clients on how to do space cleansing for their home, especially if the home they are buying is a resale apartment. Everyone wants a fresh start and a new beginning and is concern about what they can do to ‘get rid’ of the negative energy.

There are many ways to do it but what I am about to share with you is a proven method used by spiritual Masters and is especially effective.

The ingredients you need are 9 Kaffir lime leaves, 3 Kaffir Lime, Chinese Tea Leaves, Rice, Rock Salt and Kemayan incense.

First of all, put the Kaffir leaves and lime and put them in a pail of water. Remember the key is to cut the limes into half and squeeze their juice out and squeeze the leaves too while putting them in the pail of water so their juice comes out. Some leaves really emit a very strong smell and the stronger it is, the more effective is the cleansing.

Next, with the pail of water, start by cleaning all the major ‘chi’ entry points in the house starting with the main door. Proceed on with all the windows in the house, not forgetting the bedroom doors as well. This procedure symbolizes a new beginning and using 9 leaves means getting rid of any previous negative energy and having a new beginning. If you have any remaining water, you can use this to clean your furniture or mop the floor. The most crucial step is to take care of all the chi entry points in the house.

The third step involves mixing the Chinese tea leaves, rice and rock salt together. Use this mixture, throw it on the walls and all areas around your house freely (especially the corners), this time starting from the most inside of house, usually one of the bedrooms, then moving outwards and finally touching the main door. As you do this, within every space, close the windows and doors after one section and proceed on to the next. It is recommended to chant a mantra as you go along to enhance effectiveness. Depending on your religion, you can choose what is most comfortable for you. For Buddhist clients, you can chant this powerful mantra for purification ‘Om Mani Peh Me Hone’ for every throw you make.

Finally, do the Kemayan smoke cleansing after all the other cleansing procedures discussed earlier have been completed. You can use a few Kemayan together and again starting from the Main door and slowly move inwards, covering every sector of your house. Chant the mantra again as you move along.

Sometimes if you feel that the chi of your home is getting stagnant, you can also undertake this space cleansing procedures. Usually I recommend clients to use the kaffir leaves cleansing for their home, before the start of every Lunar New Year to give them a new beginning for the New Year. The mixture of rice, rock salt and Chinese tea leaves is more necessary especially if you have purchased a new home and are unsure about the history of the previous occupants. Or you feel the presence of unwanted spirits and wishes to find a proper way to invite them ‘out of the house’. You can undertake the Kemayan cleansing regularly to keep the energy of your house purified, preferably every week for best effects. Space cleansing can also be done if there are unfortunate events happening in the house like a recent demise of a family member or if you have experienced a spade of bad luck and felt that everything is not going in the right direction. You can use space cleansing to get rid of the bad energy and start afresh. It is recommended that you wear a protection amulet while you undertake your space cleansing procedures to ensure that you are also protected during the process.

Hope it helps!!!

:yamseng:

this is really useful..

I just got my new house and is currently undergoing some reno work. Will move in 3mths later. Been looking around for info like this.

I am not sure whether this will help but at least we "DID" something.

Phoenix: "burning charcoal and bring it around the house with a stove". What kind of stove are you referring to? Hope you dont mind i ask this silly question.

this is really useful..

I just got my new house and is currently undergoing some reno work. Will move in 3mths later. Been looking around for info like this.

I am not sure whether this will help but at least we "DID" something.

Phoenix: "burning charcoal and bring it around the house with a stove". What kind of stove are you referring to? Hope you dont mind i ask this silly question.

hi prox,

it looks something like this.

charcoalstovegl9.png

but the one i got has a wire handle so its easier to carry around the house when doing the procedure. its very cheap, i remembered i paid around 4-5bucks only. bought from 1 of those hdb shops that sells household stuff.

Edited by phoenix

from the pic, it does look very small...

the stove is going to be for 1 time use only...

they have various sizes for these kinds of stove. i just got the small one, since it is for "yi si" only and also easier for my hubby to carry (if not will be too heavy and hot with the burning charcoal!).

well... yeah, its for 1 time use only... unless you wanna be boiling herbs or making soup the very traditional way! ahaha...