Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
popcorn

Attempted Break-in

Hi Folks, got something to share...

Came home yesterday afternoon and found that my front gate has been unlock; the padlock was till intact but seem to be tampered with and main door was still lock.

I'm using an abloy padlock, sometimes when it is tampered with, there will be difficulty in opening it later.

This is not the first time!

I made a report already, and the police is following up on this matter.

Just posting this so that everyone will be aware of such things.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Came home yesterday afternoon and found that my front gate has been unlock; the padlock was till intact but seem to be tampered with and main door was still lock.

I'm using an abloy padlock, sometimes when it is tampered with, there will be difficulty in opening it later.

!! wheres your place at?

request the police to pay more frequent visit to your unit.

btw, anything missing?

regards

Gosh, sounds scary. Hope the police will step up their patrol and nab the culprit.

Feel kind of "insecure" when you feel that someone is trying to break in or has broken into your house.

request the police to pay more frequent visit to your unit.

btw, anything missing?

regards

nope nothing missing, didn't manage to get in... only the gate got unlock, other locks still intact.

nope nothing missing, didn't manage to get in... only the gate got unlock, other locks still intact.

Hi popcorn,

Is everything OK since that incident?

Other than calling the police, may be a good opportunity for you to speak with your fellow neighbours to form a "Watch-Group" to "Look-See" on each others' properties.

Talk to your RC how that can be done... I understand that they have this so called COP (Community On Patrol) going on.

Which Abloy padlock / cylinder you use?

I heard that Abloy Protec is virtually pick-proof, and it is also freaking expensive.

wahhh..not the 1st time??

Ur house got alot of valuables?

I think its time to invest in a home security alarm before they really manage to get in.

Hi popcorn,

Is everything OK since that incident?

Other than calling the police, may be a good opportunity for you to speak with your fellow neighbours to form a "Watch-Group" to "Look-See" on each others' properties.

Talk to your RC how that can be done... I understand that they have this so called COP (Community On Patrol) going on.

Yes, there is a Citizens on Patrol (COP) group in every constituency. This is jointly organised by the RC and the police. Either check with the RC or your 'friendly' neighbourhood police post/centre for more info.

Haha...sounds like an advertisement! But seriously lah, if we can do our part, its always better for everyone.

security alarm system may be expensive, think it is cheaper to install CCTV.

For a start, buy a home insurance policy, enuff to cover the valuable contents in the house.

Secondly, install a fool-proof padlock. Good to invest for a good one ...

Thirdly, if budget allows, install security alarm or CCTV. As for the latter, it can be tampered if the burglar has knowledge about CCTVs.

Cheers.

there for some procedures to follow if you wanna install cctv outside your house. now cannot anyhow install liao. do check with your hdbtowncouncil or nearest npc. but sometimes neigbours not happy de. so if you wanna do it. talk with your neigbours first ba. end up,maybe they see the need of incresed security,will even share the cost.hehe. :sport-smiley-004:

I also have lots of stuff in my house.. I installed a wireless 80db and 140db alarm units. the moment someone tries to pry open the door or tilt my windows then it's armed, the alarm would sound off.

the 140db is almost 2x louder than any ADT/cisco alarm, almost as loud as those air raid systems.

Edited by andywee

Wow!! Serious?! My block quite near yours leh!

After reading yr posting... I immediate called up my door supplier (jus change main door).. to order a computer key cylinder