Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Junkay

Eat What?

Hi,

Frankly both of us like homecooked food cos' we don't put msg during cooking...but due to busy schedules on weekdays we usually don't cook but eat at my mum's...hee...cos' we stay same block too convenient liao...haha... 8|

I quite like cooking but only when got time lor...cos' imagine the preparation+cooking+washing+eating about 2-3 hours liao...then I don't have much time left to do other things...like never-ending laundry (remember we have another thread on this? hahaha)...and of course no time to log on too!!

:yamseng:

Me also like homecooked food, bt really no time to cook during weekday cos of working schedule...

Really envy u tat u stay so close with yr mum...

Tats y I always cook during weekends or eat at my in law pl cos my mum also seldom cook....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

actually cooking at home seems expensive coz we'll go for the better ingredients

if we were to specify such ingredients for dining out, thinjk it'll still be more expensive than cooking at home

in the long run, it'll be cheaper and healthier to cook at home to eat

esp after you master the skill of preparing a meal in under 30 min :bangwall:

actually cooking at home seems expensive coz we'll go for the better ingredients

if we were to specify such ingredients for dining out, thinjk it'll still be more expensive than cooking at home

in the long run, it'll be cheaper and healthier to cook at home to eat

esp after you master the skill of preparing a meal in under 30 min :bangwall:

Under 30min???? Mabbe for me can oni cook rice and a simple Ypng Tau Foo soup nia...how to prepare under 30min? Tat is super fast man!

hey .... another way to cook under 30 mins to use bake or grill your food. using aluminium foil on the crockery etc also minimises washing up time. plus its a healthier option too.

Under 30min???? Mabbe for me can oni cook rice and a simple Ypng Tau Foo soup nia...how to prepare under 30min? Tat is super fast man!

hey .... another way to cook under 30 mins to use bake or grill your food. using aluminium foil on the crockery etc also minimises washing up time. plus its a healthier option too.

any dish to recommend for such cooking?

one good way is to do prep work on weekends

after buying the stuff, separate them into cooking portions before keeping them in the fridge

e.g. of 30min meal

1. put rice to cook

2. put chix bone into water and boil

3. fry veg while soup and rice cooking

4. when rice done, soup and veg also ready. just add some slices of meat into soup and that's a meal liao right?

or do those one dish meals e.g. claypot rice, chicken rice etc :(

grilling wise - i have always enjoyed grilling either chicken wings(marinated with light soy sauce and chinese wine and ginger strips, prawns (garlic) or fish (either with onions and salt, or chilli) all of which can be baked too). and when i am feeling really lazy .. lagsagne.

hmm... the slow cooker is another option ... pop in your food in the morning, and when you get home (like i do as i work) it's cooked and hot .

any dish to recommend for such cooking?

grilling wise - i have always enjoyed grilling either chicken wings(marinated with light soy sauce and chinese wine and ginger strips, prawns (garlic) or fish (either with onions and salt, or chilli) all of which can be baked too). and when i am feeling really lazy .. lagsagne.

hmm... the slow cooker is another option ... pop in your food in the morning, and when you get home (like i do as i work) it's cooked and hot .

if grilling chicken, i like to brush honey on chicken so it has a 'sweet' taste.

ya, the slow cooker is a gd help for cooking soup.

and yes, 30 mins can prepare 1 meal already. if you have a bigger size oven, can pop in a few dishes at the same time. :sport-smiley-018:

After reading so many comments and remarks, very blur liao :bangwall:

Whether it is more economical, dine in is always healthier cos you can control the amount of MSG, salt and oil you add to the dishes.