Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babybear

Aircon group purchase?

Thank you GC- the installer and the agent for the cooperation and kind assistance in resolving the icing problem.

Edited by m150ok

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Toshiba Inverter Multi-system 3, model RAS-3M20SACV, 2x RAS-M10NKCV, 1x RAS-M13NKCV bought from (removed as requested by m150ok)

-System 3, Inverter

-Bought on 5 Oct 08, Installed on 7 Oct 08.

Less than 1 month, there were at least 5 instances of icing in the fan coil unit so far

my toshiba also iced. now everytime i turn on the aircon, i have to turn on the main switch.

if i dont turn off the 15A switch, the whole fan coil will turn to ice.

even thou the fan coil is off but the compressor is still on.

single spilt only, the unit is 14months old. and they tell me that the PCB board failure, not under warranty.

eventually I called carrier(carrier is the distri that carries toshiba parts) they said the parts is nearly $200. servicing is $175. I told them screw the servicing. told them to send me the complete schematics of the unit and i'll service myself. I literally tore the whole fan coil down myself. whilst i was at it, i dismantled the blades and used my karcher waterjet to spray clean it. and reassemble it back.

the whole ordeal took me 4 months to get it fix.

first month. ding dong ding dong between installer and me. then they never got back to me despite calling them everyday.

second month. called carrier, they said need to order. 3-4 months to order. I'm like WTF. distri and no spare parts??!?!?!?

3rd month nothing happened.

4th month. self collect. and they delayed on emailing me the service and maintenence guide PDF on reasons like oh can't release such stuff cause i'm not qualified to repair etc etc. I called their CEO and demanded an explaination. I told them then if i dont get the email in 2 hrs, I'll take the picture of the fancoil with 3 inch of ice and send it to newpaper (i have got connections with SPH).

i sent to email to my friend in newpaper and CCed to carrier. I ask my friend in the newsprint to standby to write an article about it. but eventually told him, the issue is settled.

i finally recieved an email from them with the PDF and on top of that they couriered a copy to me also.

all i remembered the tag line to the article that never printed was. Toshiba, the icy aircon you'll come to hate.

I guess i should have made their life more difficult if i knew you had the problem. and that print would have come true.

Edited by andywee

Ur quote from which shop n how many years of warranty given?

It was thru an independent installer (Alv*n) whose contacts I got from hardware zone.

Standard 1 yr installation warranty.

A bit concerned coz not sure abt shop.

An adv ST on 31 Oct from Natural Cool:

Panasonic sys3 non-inv CU-3C20EKH, CS-C9EKZW x 3 with GST and standard HDB installation only S$1499. Most likely I'll sign this package.

You are right. I indeed looking for RAS3M20S2AX and RASM10SKPX x3.

No I don't need bracket. The quote I received is $1990 (including GST)

Ur quote from which shop n how many years of warranty given?

any update on the group purchase

Hihi!

Can I gather more info? When you say Toshiba Sys3 non-inv, think you talking about RAS-3M20S2AX right? For the fancoil, are you looking at RAS-M10SKPX (9000BTU) x 3 or other configurations?

Hihi!

Can I gather more info? When you say Toshiba Sys3 non-inv, think you talking about RAS-3M20S2AX right? For the fancoil, are you looking at RAS-M10SKPX (9000BTU) x 3 or other configurations? One thing I notice when I check that model, seems like it's using R22? In case you didn't know, R22 will be phase out in 11 years~

Will your unit require bracket for the compressor?

Thanks!

Just to share abit on what I'm looking at and the current quotes i got (include installation, exclude brackets)

Mitsubishi Electric MXY-3A28VA + 1 x 9000 BTU + 1 x 12000 BTU + 1 x 22000 BTU @ $3180

Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial SCM80ZG-S + 1 x 9000 BTU + 1 x 12000 BTU + 1 x 22000 BTU @ $3680

Im eyeing on Toshiba Sys3 non-inv. My reno will start in Oct end, as such need aircon sometime in 1-2 week of Nov.

Hihi!

Wondering if anyone still keen in group purchase? Maybe we can bargain for a better price if we purchase together $_$

Im eyeing on Toshiba Sys3 non-inv. My reno will start in Oct end, as such need aircon sometime in 1-2 week of Nov.

Hihi!

Wondering if anyone still keen in group purchase? Maybe we can bargain for a better price if we purchase together $_$

Hi all,

On the day of running the trunking, the installation guy claimed that they can only run the trunking beneath ALL beams as HDB do not allow them to drill holes through the beams. So, we accepted what he claimed. He went ahead to run all the trunking (below the beams).. I only went up to my new flat to see recently as we were both busy working. What I saw was so shocking!! The trunkings were so badly runned!! Can see them almost everywhere sigh. What's worse was one of the trunking was even crrooked!!! It's so obvious cos it was not in-line with my wall, one of the end actually pop out.. sigh... Too bad, we already paid them half the amount, now waiting for my aircon, we need to pay another half...

In HDB, unless u do false wall or false ceilings, otherwise u cannot hide the trunkings but the air-con men will advise on how to minimise the sight of seeing trunkings in the house. Taking into considerations that the water will drip from the fan coils all the way to the toilet, trunkings has to be slanted slightly for the water to flow smoothly, if there are too many ups and downs, your pipe will get choked easily. Gas pipe has no issues. For me, all my trunkings are run just above the tiles skirtings and then reach upwards to the fan coil units(water flow down), though not ideal like those in condominiums where it is concealed but is better than on the beams- different perspective. Ofcos, if all the trunkings are at the top, probably ur air-con can save the job of connecting the trunkings up and down- very much depends on the structure of your house. My advice is to get the air-con to explain why they install it in this manner, to see if their account is reasonable before engaging another air-con company. :yamseng:

I was quoted $7180 for 2 Daikin System 3 Inverters, include steel brackets. Anyone can advise if this is expensive?

Hi all,

I saw that some forumers actually praised ALLB*ST for their good service and good installation skills. However, I would like to post my unhapiness with them.. I bought my aircon from them around 1month back. During then, the sales guy assured me of their SUPER GOOD installation skills. He even said that their shop received awards before for installation, don't know what kind of award though..He immediately gave me an installation date on the spot which was less than 5days from the day I bought. However, due to some issues, I have to resched the installation date. The next time I called them to book a date, the earliest date they gave me was around 14days later!!! No matter how we beg them, they claimed that too many ppl are buying aircons now.. Gosh, my whole renovation got to stop cos my contractor said cannot do flooring before the aircon.. No choice then.. We paid deposit liao, what to do... Never mind.. What happened next makes me more upset!

On the day of running the trunking, the installation guy claimed that they can only run the trunking beneath ALL beams as HDB do not allow them to drill holes through the beams. So, we accepted what he claimed. He went ahead to run all the trunking (below the beams).. I only went up to my new flat to see recently as we were both busy working. What I saw was so shocking!! The trunkings were so badly runned!! Can see them almost everywhere sigh. What's worse was one of the trunking was even crrooked!!! It's so obvious cos it was not in-line with my wall, one of the end actually pop out.. sigh... Too bad, we already paid them half the amount, now waiting for my aircon, we need to pay another half...

What I need to know now is can we ask them to re-run the trunkings? Am now desperate till I thought of just paying them the full amount and then from there, get another installer to come run the trunking again. Probably got to waste another few hundreds, but better than to get ugly trunkings around my new flat... sigh.. Really regretted going to them in the first place as they are located near our house.. Thought they received award one, should be good! Disappointed loh~ :bangwall:

P/s: This posting is meant as a guide for those who are considering to buy air con, but not meant for ppl who takes it personally. Only wanted to post it to warn ppl out there... Just feel rather upset with this kind of service..

hi guys..any window/casement airc-n to recommend..?

Note that my room is facing the common corridor and i can't use 15Am plugs..

:yamseng:

Sigh..