Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babybear

Aircon group purchase?

I have been monitoring the thread... Its really a concern on bulk as the providers will try ways and means to cut corners...

I would rather buy a slightly higher price aircon with peace of mind on the workmanship (which is the most impt) compared to the compressor or coils.

End of the day, my aircon guy which is recommended by my ID who swears by his workmanship was the best I got. The additional plus point was that the price was very close to GC except that every upgrade was already thrown in.

Can't agree more. I would rather pay a bit more for a peace of mind on the work. but sadly for my case i couldn't get the aircon else where in such a short time. I was to install my aircon first before my carpentry are up. :furious: :furious:

For my case,the issue is finally over however I have not use my aircon yet. so will have to wait till later to see if there is anything wrong. Thanks goodness the company made amendment.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Paraman, The sales lady mentioned by Ve_ve served me as well. I'm worried same thing may happen to me as she repeat the same mistake few times during the quotation and payment. Can you check with your sales guy is he possible to take over the steering frm her for my work?

I have been monitoring the thread... Its really a concern on bulk as the providers will try ways and means to cut corners...

I would rather buy a slightly higher price aircon with peace of mind on the workmanship (which is the most impt) compared to the compressor or coils.

End of the day, my aircon guy which is recommended by my ID who swears by his workmanship was the best I got. The additional plus point was that the price was very close to GC except that every upgrade was already thrown in.

I am so sorry to hear that. My case was handled by a sales guy, not a sales lady. & this sales guy was at my place during the end of the day when the installation is completed. We checked togther the positioning of the air-con & running of piping, we checked on the installation material they use & all it look nice to me.

I have feedback your comment on your behalf to the sales guy since it is me who brought you into the bulk purchase. He said he will seriously look into this & get back to you. & he mentioned that it is fine to join 2 pcs of insulation togther, as long as the copper pipe run in one piece. :D

Hi Paraman, The sales lady mentioned by Ve_ve served me as well. I'm worried same thing may happen to me as she repeat the same mistake few times during the quotation and payment. Can you check with your sales guy is he possible to take over the steering frm her for my work?

Hi all, need some advice here.

We were recommended this setup:

Mitsubishi Starmex Non-Inverter

1. System 2, 12BTU + 9 BTU for MBR and study room respectively

2. Standalone unit 24BTU for living room

What's the approximate price should we be looking at for this, including installation / site visits / upgrades etc?

Edited by nacho

May i know who is the sales lady? The sales lady repeat the same mistake from quotation to payment time. i'm worry she will screw up the installation.

i was also recommended by paraman for the bulk purchase....my aircon will be installed next week...hope nuting went wrong...

those who get the air-con frm imperial and installed...any problem?? appreciate any expert to advice what to look out for during installation. tks.

Hi I am glad that your air-con is well installed, but that is not the case for me.

I only use this company cos i can't find the aircon i wanted else where. Everywhere told me they do not have stock for starmax sys 4, but the company is able to supply and install for me.

The price i got was $3699. I have to say it's cheaper compare for the quote i got frm GC and many others. During the sale process it's really a pain to deal with the sale person. No matter what my case is complex so i shall not mention abt the dealing part.

My aircon was installed yesterday. I have confirmed with the sale lady many times that the insulation they used is Class 1 armarflex. However I found out that it is not only today. They ended late yesterday and it was too dark for me to check the air-con compressor which is in my service balcony. I however paid them the whole lump sum.

When i went down to my house this morning to check the compressor area the insulation are badly joined up. they tapped different part together.,one of them looked thick and have the word " armarflex" the part is not a whole piece but joined up. when i called to check with the aircon man he said the length is not so long and they need to "connect" it. I then opened up the white box to check and saw that the inner part of the insulation are of different brand and thickness. I called the sale person and she said she would get back to me. When she did , i was told that they have different 1/2 inch insulation. My question was "how could a half inch be different?" as least not in the measurement.

I am not trying to bad mouth the company but i am just stating out what is happing to my side. If any one would like to check it out u could pm me and come down to see it for yourself. For those who are waiting for the air-con to be installed please do make sure that they used the material they promise they would use.

I would like to ask any expert here is it normal that the black insulation thing are joined up? Are the insulation suppose to be uniform in thickness through out ?

pardom my misspelled :( :( :(

May i know who is the sales lady? The sales lady repeat the same mistake from quotation to payment time. i'm worry she will screw up the installation.

Ve_ve sorry to hear that. i think its good to hear another feedback from a neutral person and from your profile, i know its a genuine type. i hope you got your problem resolved fast

i got some reservation with Paraman "group" purchase.

1) first of all its quite too good to be true that the price is much much cheaper than other place

2) secondly im not sure why Paraman keeps on promoting the "group" purchase in here even though he has already got his air con installed. unless he got some tie up with the company in promoting their air cons

Thanks for your concern Paraman,n lucky that u had some honest people handling your case.

I opened up my trunking (part of it) and i saw on the insulation pipe it says " kiaflex or kaiflex" class 0 something something... The 2 pcs of joined insulation look wired cos they are not the same size. One of them obviousely thicker and larger while the rest of it is thin. this is what caught my attention in the first place.

I told the guy who came to check that this was not what i am expecting. He told me he would sent a the installation guy to fix it. To open up the trunking and change what i dun like. But the problem is how do i make sure they are doing the thing right? They could "accidently" doing somethig wrong without me knowing.

This compay just broke the basic " turst" relationship we have as seller and buyer. I wonder how many of us could be there watching them to install.

The whole process is not short we do have other obligations too. It's qiuite sad.

I hope they could resolve the problem with no hidden "evil intentions". :wacko::wacko::unsure::(

Good for you. I have no complaint with their service & worksmanship so far. My air-con that they installed for me is working great. :D

Hi I am glad that your air-con is well installed, but that is not the case for me.

I only use this company cos i can't find the aircon i wanted else where. Everywhere told me they do not have stock for starmax sys 4, but the company is able to supply and install for me.

The price i got was $3699. I have to say it's cheaper compare for the quote i got frm GC and many others. During the sale process it's really a pain to deal with the sale person. No matter what my case is complex so i shall not mention abt the dealing part.

My aircon was installed yesterday. I have confirmed with the sale lady many times that the insulation they used is Class 1 armarflex. However I found out that it is not only today. They ended late yesterday and it was too dark for me to check the air-con compressor which is in my service balcony. I however paid them the whole lump sum.

When i went down to my house this morning to check the compressor area the insulation are badly joined up. they tapped different part together.,one of them looked thick and have the word " armarflex" the part is not a whole piece but joined up. when i called to check with the aircon man he said the length is not so long and they need to "connect" it. I then opened up the white box to check and saw that the inner part of the insulation are of different brand and thickness. I called the sale person and she said she would get back to me. When she did , i was told that they have different 1/2 inch insulation. My question was "how could a half inch be different?" as least not in the measurement.

I am not trying to bad mouth the company but i am just stating out what is happing to my side. If any one would like to check it out u could pm me and come down to see it for yourself. For those who are waiting for the air-con to be installed please do make sure that they used the material they promise they would use.

I would like to ask any expert here is it normal that the black insulation thing are joined up? Are the insulation suppose to be uniform in thickness through out ?

pardom my misspelled :( :( :(

If i'm not wrong, the installation will be scheduled on mid March. As my reno start end Feb.

its alright my new house is not so soon also. im willing to wait.

i really appreciate another neutral feedback apart from Paraman. Please do get back. Thanks

appreciate your feedback on your experience with Hong Huat. thanks

If i'm not wrong, the installation will be scheduled on mid March. As my reno start end Feb.

Good for you. I have no complaint with their service & worksmanship so far. My air-con that they installed for me is working great. :D

Great to hear that. as you know, A/C very lecer one. if workmanship not good may cause leaking, condensation, etc.

Confirmed and paid mine last week. Cheers.

Hopefully they providing a good service and workmanship!

appreciate your feedback on your experience with Hong Huat. thanks

Hi all,

for those whom I have included in the bulk purchase list, I heard from the air-con company & they want me to inform you guys that they have reserved 20sets of starmex inverter both system 3 & system 4 for you. Please contact them now if you want to reserve it. :D

Confirmed and paid mine last week. Cheers.

Hopefully they providing a good service and workmanship!

Brothers and Sisters,

Want to find out about the price differences if I wanted to do ducted air conditioning as opposed to split systems.

Thanks!!