Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babybear

Aircon group purchase?

Actually for me, I asked about the aircon offer from Cool Serve about 1 mth back, then they were saying they are clearing all the Daikin R22 series (about 30% less), so I mean since you are getting R22, so shouldn't you get it cheaper?

And also for the R22, it would only be phase out in 2015 (think saw from somewhere), so the topping up of the R22 gas would not be that ex as compare to R410 (unless you tell me you are going to use your aircon till later than 2015).

Cheers ^_^

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

er.. Daikin max BTU for non-inverter is 19k only leh..

Ya, they didn't even mention about 410series..checked it out myself..

Hi Boogie,

I think you can refer to all my previous post regarding choosing of a aircon. (Well of course got help from some bros here lah).

Just to sum up, there is nothing wrong with R22, (thats unless you are those enviromentalist). And also its cheaper to top up gas for R22 than R410. But if I was you, i would rather get the Daikin aircon, better, more powerful (just kidding ^_^). But I must say your salesperson quite bad, selling you the old model, rather than the new R410 series!:dancingqueen: And further more, ask you to compromise on the BTU for each room. Think you should seriosly change it before they deliver the aircon, else think you will regard (really)

Cheers

ya ya.. that's what I thought so too.. got to top up less than $200 for the R410 series..

but BTU capacity still 20k haha..

actually R410 price is not as expensive as few years ago liao... moreover, if u buy a R410 a/c nw, by the time u need to top up e refridgerant, it'll be like @ least 5yrs later liao.... by then, tink R410 is quite common liao... compared to R22, maybe by then will be more ex... demand & supply law lor... juz my 2.5c tot...

Hi Boogie,

I think you can refer to all my previous post regarding choosing of a aircon. (Well of course got help from some bros here lah).

Just to sum up, there is nothing wrong with R22, (thats unless you are those enviromentalist). And also its cheaper to top up gas for R22 than R410. But if I was you, i would rather get the Daikin aircon, better, more powerful (just kidding ^_^). But I must say your salesperson quite bad, selling you the old model, rather than the new R410 series!:dancingqueen: And further more, ask you to compromise on the BTU for each room. Think you should seriosly change it before they deliver the aircon, else think you will regard (really)

Cheers

actually R410 price is not as expensive as few years ago liao... moreover, if u buy a R410 a/c nw, by the time u need to top up e refridgerant, it'll be like @ least 5yrs later liao.... by then, tink R410 is quite common liao... compared to R22, maybe by then will be more ex... demand & supply law lor... juz my 2.5c tot...

Hi Boogie,

Just to sum up, there is nothing wrong with R22, (thats unless you are those enviromentalist). And also its cheaper to top up gas for R22 than R410. But if I was you, i would rather get the Daikin aircon, better, more powerful (just kidding ^_^). But I must say your salesperson quite bad, selling you the old model, rather than the new R410 series!!! And further more, ask you to compromise on the BTU for each room. Think you should seriosly change it before they deliver the aircon, else think you will regard (really)

Cheers

I called another sales person to enquire. He said in market now for Mitsubishi non inverter models, all catered to 20k max. That means 8k, 6k, 6k...

But i think they trying to sell the old model, which is R22, to whoever they can now. Not sure why.. the newer model of Mitsubishi is the 410 series which cost slightly more.. only difference is the gas, according to what the guy mentioned..

Somehow, get a bad feeling on the R22 8| Maybe should just top up a bit and change to the newer series..

Hi Boogie,

Actually I have not heard any dealer recommending anthing less than 10k BTU for the MBR (well till the last few posting when some got 9k, which I think still ok lah), but I think you should seriously go back and question the salesperson, cause I just came back from lunch and the weather is like walking past a OVEN!!! (^_^)

Hi Boogie,

Actually I have not heard any dealer recommending anthing less than 10k BTU for the MBR (well till the last few posting when some got 9k, which I think still ok lah), but I think you should seriously go back and question the salesperson, cause I just came back from lunch and the weather is like walking past a OVEN!!! (^_^)

hihi

thanks! think my MBR around length x breath around 16m...so i need at least 11k BTU? sigh..sales guy said mitsubishi doesn't have 9k and above..for non invertor..like that must change brand? not sure if he allows not too...sigh

Hi dino77,

I understand where you are coming from, but actually (if I am not mistaken) for all multi-split aircon, the BTU for the compressor is actually shared by all the fancoil. So like eg. my case, I got 12k x 1, 9k x 2, so when I on only the 12K, it will draw the max 12k from the compressor, but in the case of on all the aircon, then must depend on the max BTU of the compressor. So eg. if my aircon is 25k BTU, so it will be devided out by the 3 compressor.

But for the case of Boogie, if the fancoil BTU is 8k, the max it will draw is 8k and nothing more. So in an event of hot day, the aircon will take longer to cool the room, thus more energy being consumpted.

So Boogie, is it possible for you to go back to your dealer to actually calculate for you the actual BTU needed per fancoil for all the rooms?

Just for infor, the other day, I actually wanted to change my aircon from the Fujitsu (the one with the don't know what CST) to the latest Panasonic one, they advise me not to, as the compressor for the Panasonic is only 20k (the smallest amongst all invertor aircon), so I don't think your Jack Neo's AC is anything worse than that.

Cheers. ^_^

Hi dino77,

I understand where you are coming from, but actually (if I am not mistaken) for all multi-split aircon, the BTU for the compressor is actually shared by all the fancoil. So like eg. my case, I got 12k x 1, 9k x 2, so when I on only the 12K, it will draw the max 12k from the compressor, but in the case of on all the aircon, then must depend on the max BTU of the compressor. So eg. if my aircon is 25k BTU, so it will be devided out by the 3 compressor.

But for the case of Boogie, if the fancoil BTU is 8k, the max it will draw is 8k and nothing more. So in an event of hot day, the aircon will take longer to cool the room, thus more energy being consumpted.

So Boogie, is it possible for you to go back to your dealer to actually calculate for you the actual BTU needed per fancoil for all the rooms?

Just for infor, the other day, I actually wanted to change my aircon from the Fujitsu (the one with the don't know what CST) to the latest Panasonic one, they advise me not to, as the compressor for the Panasonic is only 20k (the smallest amongst all invertor aircon), so I don't think your Jack Neo's AC is anything worse than that.

Cheers. ^_^

hmm, mine is MUX-3D23VD / MS A10VD...

hmm, now not sure if should change to something with bigger BTU...just felt that what the salesguy recommended was rather low.. hmm...

headache man~ :bangwall:

since it is a system 3 and a non-inverter,I think the mitsubishi model is MUX-3BD23VB / 3 X MS-B10VB® which i also bought. it come with a 3 x 9k btu configuration. The compressor has 2 motors which one will connect to a room(usually MBR) and the other motor to the remaining 2 rooms. U will never get the maximium cooling of 9k btu even it has a 9k btu unit.That why i believe the saleman juts want to give u the exact btu.As the another 2 bedrooms are connected and shared to one motors only, u will get 6000 btu only if u ON the 2 bedroom aircons at the same time. What i always heard..People always say that if u ON all the aircon units in yr home, u will feel it may take longer to cool or not cold enough.

i;m not sure this is the only model available in the market... do u mind telling us ur room flr area? btw, u were served by?

since it is a system 3 and a non-inverter,I think the mitsubishi model is MUX-3BD23VB / 3 X MS-B10VB® which i also bought. it come with a 3 x 9k btu configuration. The compressor has 2 motors which one will connect to a room(usually MBR) and the other motor to the remaining 2 rooms. U will never get the maximium cooling of 9k btu even it has a 9k btu unit.That why i believe the saleman juts want to give u the exact btu.As the another 2 bedrooms are connected and shared to one motors only, u will get 6000 btu only if u ON the 2 bedroom aircons at the same time. What i always heard..People always say that if u ON all the aircon units in yr home, u will feel it may take longer to cool or not cold enough.

nope.. we thought can ask the sales guy for advice and this what he recommended.. I also felt rather low... but he said if want mitsubishi, that's the only BTU available countrywide leh... for non-inverter lah..

true mah?

i;m not sure this is the only model available in the market... do u mind telling us ur room flr area? btw, u were served by?

nope.. we thought can ask the sales guy for advice and this what he recommended.. I also felt rather low... but he said if want mitsubishi, that's the only BTU available countrywide leh... for non-inverter lah..

true mah?

yalor.. y so low ah... hv u done a calculation on it?

true mah?

ALLBEST recommended us to get 8k for the MBR and 6k each for the other two rooms.. hope is sufficient....... if not we have to go for other brands...

Strange leh, cause I know that Jack Neo's A/C infact have the largest BTU for the compressor, so how come they recommend you such small BTU for the fancoil?? Actually also wanted to get that, but too ex, so get my Fujitsu instead. Anyway its a good choice. ^_^

Cheers.

Mitsubishi starmex non-inverter..he said that's the only available leh...

Hi Boogie,

Actually this it the first time that I ever heard anyone recommend so low BTU for all the rooms. Well for me, I got 12k for MBR, 9k for the other rooms. True, for MBR, 9k can liao, but 8k??? and for other rooms, 6k??

Anyway what brand of A/C you getting?

Cheers