Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
accgoh

Good Primary School In Toa Payoh?

Dear all,

Just moved to Toa Payoh recently, an now is looking for a good school for my daughter, initially aim CHIJ Toa Payoh, but after called then got to know that they don have those parent volunteer program to boost the chances for your child to admit into their school, and since i am not a Catholic, think the chancesfor my daughter is slim.

Just wondering, do you know any good school in Toa Payoh?

Thanks a million...

Cheers....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Which part of Toa Payoh do you live? Here's a list of primary schools in Toa Payoh. And there's no such thing as a good or bad school in Singapore. Even the best school also have worse students one. So it all depends on your child.

CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh)

First Toa Payoh Primary School

Kheng Cheng School

Pei Chun Public School

By the way, I was from Kheng Cheng School and I still go back to my mother school when there's any event even though I'm already 25. !!

Talking about Primary Schools in Toa Payoh.... euph0bear, Kheng Cheng School is the one behind block 85 is it? Saw that it is so near to our blocks and is covered almost all the way, so my wife and I both decided that most probably will send our son there.... 6 years down the road... :dancingqueen:

Agreed with you that there is not really "good" or "bad" schools... esp primary schools... dun think there is much difference. My younger sis was from Pei Chun, and other than her Chinese more tok kong (becos Pei Chun is essentially a Chinese school), not much diff from myself, who was from a neighbourhood Pri school in Clementi (yeah used to live there) - Pei Tong Primary School. :dancingqueen:

wah after close to 20 years euph0bear still going back to Kheng Cheng to visit his old school.... must have had good memories huh?

:sport-smiley-018:

Ptro

Which part of Toa Payoh do you live? Here's a list of primary schools in Toa Payoh. And there's no such thing as a good or bad school in Singapore. Even the best school also have worse students one. So it all depends on your child.

CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh)

First Toa Payoh Primary School

Kheng Cheng School

Pei Chun Public School

By the way, I was from Kheng Cheng School and I still go back to my mother school when there's any event even though I'm already 25. :sport-smiley-018:

Dear all,

Just moved to Toa Payoh recently, an now is looking for a good school for my daughter, initially aim CHIJ Toa Payoh, but after called then got to know that they don have those parent volunteer program to boost the chances for your child to admit into their school, and since i am not a Catholic, think the chancesfor my daughter is slim.

Thanks a million...

Cheers....

Hi,

I also agree that there is no so called good or bad school but really depend on the criteria you are looking at.

For CHIJ, its considered a "branded" school, not sure about if their school is good but my impression not so good cos I often see their students not going home after school.

For Pei Chun, its more of a chinese school and many ppl wants to get their kids there cos it teaches alot on values. So want to be parent volunteers also must queue up. I personally quite like this school cos of the good facilities and CCA programmes. Little kids also have strong command for chinese.

For First Toa Payoh, saw alot of banners which states their achievements. But I noticed that this school is well mixed with different races.

Kheng Cheng is near to Lorong 1. Not much comments on this school cos its not near to where I stay.

Hope the above can be of some consideration for you

Talking about Primary Schools in Toa Payoh.... euph0bear, Kheng Cheng School is the one behind block 85 is it? Saw that it is so near to our blocks and is covered almost all the way, so my wife and I both decided that most probably will send our son there.... 6 years down the road... :notti:

Agreed with you that there is not really "good" or "bad" schools... esp primary schools... dun think there is much difference. My younger sis was from Pei Chun, and other than her Chinese more tok kong (becos Pei Chun is essentially a Chinese school), not much diff from myself, who was from a neighbourhood Pri school in Clementi (yeah used to live there) - Pei Tong Primary School. :bleah:

wah after close to 20 years euph0bear still going back to Kheng Cheng to visit his old school.... must have had good memories huh?

:bleah:

Ptro

Yup, it's the one behind Blk 85. It went through a total makeover a couple years back and now it's twice as big as the old building.

Haha... Most of the teachers that taught me have left the school due to retirement liao. Those that are still teaching there surely remember me one because I very notorious (not pai kia but mischevious) in my primary school days.

It's not a bad school considering it brought me to Victoria School after my PSLE. My classmates a lot went to the top secondary schools in Singapore too.

Pei Chun is the best, since I graduated from this school :good:

I believe the ranking of Pei Chun is pretty high on the overall Sgp primary school ranking list, worth to consider :good:

Thanks for replying.

As for "good school also can produce student", in a way, this is a common sence, no shool is 100% proof. But as a parent we want to find a school which has good discipline and can produce above average students in general, for eg, in a 100 meters race, it is nothing to shout about for the coach who can produce a one time champion, but those coaches who can produce runner with good result consistenly for many runner is a great coach.

If you compare the overall PSLE result betwen Harrypark Pri and other neighbourhood school, you can see the diff. in percentage. Furthermore, PSLE is very important as it will decide which or what type of secondary school that your child will be attending. Remember, O' Level, A'Level, etc, yur child can retake and try again the following year, BUT NOT FOR PSLE,if your child got a poor result, it will follow/affect him/her the entire life....

Some may think I am overly concern over primary school, but this is the true, is not easy to raise a child properly....

cheers...

Thanks for replying.

As for "good school also can produce student", in a way, this is a common sence, no shool is 100% proof. But as a parent we want to find a school which has good discipline and can produce above average students in general, for eg, in a 100 meters race, it is nothing to shout about for the coach who can produce a one time champion, but those coaches who can produce runner with good result consistenly for many runner is a great coach.

If you compare the overall PSLE result betwen Harrypark Pri and other neighbourhood school, you can see the diff. in percentage. Furthermore, PSLE is very important as it will decide which or what type of secondary school that your child will be attending. Remember, O' Level, A'Level, etc, yur child can retake and try again the following year, BUT NOT FOR PSLE,if your child got a poor result, it will follow/affect him/her the entire life....

Some may think I am overly concern over primary school, but this is the true, is not easy to raise a child properly....

cheers...

Well, can understand since all parents want the best for the children. I would recommend Pei Chun Public School. The results should be good since everyone flocking to be parent volunteer there and for every Primary School enrolment, mediacorp would usually go to this school to look at how much over quota based on the number of enrolment received. Not that easy to get in as well.

Well, can understand since all parents want the best for the children. I would recommend Pei Chun Public School. The results should be good since everyone flocking to be parent volunteer there and for every Primary School enrolment, mediacorp would usually go to this school to look at how much over quota based on the number of enrolment received. Not that easy to get in as well.

The parents play a bigger part then the school... I came from a low profile neighborhood school (Corporation Primary), but still went to RI. My classmates and friends went on to Chinese High and River Valley and various other top secondary schools as well.

Dear all,

Thanks a million...

Cheers....

Here are a list of the top primary schools in Toa Payoh based on the awards school received from MOE. It should provide you with a good starting point.

Hi

we will be moving to Lor 8 TPY next month, the nearest primary school is First Toa Payoh Primary. We intend to send our kid there 4 years down the road as its within walking distance. We dun really believe in good school cos we know that neighbourhood school oso can produce scholars. To us, as long as our kid can do well on his own, anywhere will be the same. Of course, parental guidance is important.

Well, can understand since all parents want the best for the children. I would recommend Pei Chun Public School.

If you are not an alumni member, or have clan, RC associations, you won't get a chance to register in Pei Chun if you don't stay <1km from the school.

My bro's friend stay very near to Pei Chun (he said the nearest residential block to the school) but the son can't even get in. :bangwall:

Thanks for replying.

cheers...

This logic doesn't work....i choose to deny.