Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jjcian

Reno Memories Of Our New Home

Here are Week 1 pics for your eye feast.

Basically during this week, reno only covers laying of cardboards, electrical wirings, construction of kitchen kerb, pulling of aircon piping and hacking of MBR wall.

Cardboards in Living Room

w11cs6.th.jpg

w12jm7.th.jpg

w13nu7.th.jpg

Kitchen Kerb

w14ii6.th.jpg

w15fs9.th.jpg

Aircon Piping in Guest Room (Ugly)

w16ii8.th.jpg

w17ce9.th.jpg

w18pw7.th.jpg

Aircon Piping Outside The 2 Bedrooms

w19cd8.th.jpg

Aircon Piping in Study Room

w110te6.th.jpg

Aircon Piping in MBR

w111kb0.th.jpg

w112jh2.th.jpg

w113nj7.th.jpg

w114tx3.th.jpg

w115cp5.th.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hacked MBR Wall

w116az2.th.jpg

w117zv5.th.jpg

w118tk6.th.jpg

The aircon piping is not exactly pleasant to the eye, especially the guest room pipes but this layout is the best as assured by my dad, ID and the aircon technician. No choice lo, they have plenty of reno exp :dribble:

The MBR wall is hacked and pushed out so that it flushes with the HHS so that this additional area will become a WIW for my WTB :dribble:

Hiya Shutiao,

For visualization, I’ve got a map from SLA (hope I won’t be sued) :rolleyes:

JW St 64

jwst64xj3.th.jpg

Check your PM, I sent you a copy of my 2D design (it’s a little similar to what others have shared in your blog). For quote, I can send you a draft copy of the quote (we made some changes to the initial quote along the way), PM me your email?

Actually I feel that whether you are able to hit it off with the ID is rather important, my WTB has a very good rapport with my ID and thinks that we are able to communicate with him hence, we took the plunge to sign with him – so far so good, hiccups are bound to happen but he’s always around to resolve them when we “complained”, haha.. !!

Hi jjcian,

Thanks for the map tat sure helps hee. else i'm always so blur on the locations of the blks haha. so tat means we r kinda opp each other :P

thanks i've seen ur layout. tat's nice.. tat was one of the better design we got from one of the IDs. There was some diff cos he proposed other things.. basically quite a no. of hacking.other than hacking the MBR wall, he oso sugg hacking wall between BR 2 & 3 so tat everythg wil b in line with HSS, and also other parts. though we reali liked his proposal a lot.. but too bad quote comes up to over 30k. way off our budget. so far for other IDs, they've not propsed anythin like tat yet.

pls check ur PM :notti:

yap, i've always feel tat u gota have chemistry with the ID.. muz reali b able to communicate well and he muz know wat we wan, as well as to provide ideas and solutions. glad u guys found urself a gd one :rofl: do keep us updated.

seen tat ur MBR wall already hacked off.. tink we might b doin tat too..so reali help to see some pic of tat hee.. guess it reali makes ur MBR much more spacious rite.

Hi jjcian,

Thanks for the map tat sure helps hee. else i'm always so blur on the locations of the blks haha. so tat means we r kinda opp each other :dribble:

thanks i've seen ur layout. tat's nice.. tat was one of the better design we got from one of the IDs. There was some diff cos he proposed other things.. basically quite a no. of hacking.other than hacking the MBR wall, he oso sugg hacking wall between BR 2 & 3 so tat everythg wil b in line with HSS, and also other parts. though we reali liked his proposal a lot.. but too bad quote comes up to over 30k. way off our budget. so far for other IDs, they've not propsed anythin like tat yet.

pls check ur PM :notti:

yap, i've always feel tat u gota have chemistry with the ID.. muz reali b able to communicate well and he muz know wat we wan, as well as to provide ideas and solutions. glad u guys found urself a gd one :) do keep us updated.

seen tat ur MBR wall already hacked off.. tink we might b doin tat too..so reali help to see some pic of tat hee.. guess it reali makes ur MBR much more spacious rite.

Hi Shutiao,

Sent the draft quote to your email already..

Hmm... So many hacking = need alot of carpentry right? In that case, then it will be very ex!! !! Most IDs make their $$ from carpentry work lo.. You can see from my quote that the main bulk comes from carpentry :notti:

Will be uploading more pics soon... Today kana arrow by boss to do work... Need to complete before my last day of work :rofl:

Haha.. the page will freeze especially when it is loading so usually I'll open a new window and press <Alt>&<Tab> if I hear footsteps :notti:

Wow, u really did quite alot of homework, so have u decided on your ID and house theme yet?

Erm.. U got me there, I never really thought about this before..

My WTB mentioned that could it be those PVC water pipes? We noticed that the toilets do not have these pipes, wonder if they are concealed behind the WC !!

did so much that i am so lazy to think anymore..waiting for 1 more quote before we decide this sat...mine is just a 3room resale and due to much hacking and carpentry, my budget CMI leh..so trying to save as much as possible..theme will be modern and zen lor..doing WIW too..cannot imagine a 3room to do WIW but is my dream leh :dribble:

waiting for your 3D picture :notti::rofl:

Haha.. the page will freeze especially when it is loading so usually I'll open a new window and press <Alt>&<Tab> if I hear footsteps :)

Wow, u really did quite alot of homework, so have u decided on your ID and house theme yet?

Erm.. U got me there, I never really thought about this before..

My WTB mentioned that could it be those PVC water pipes? We noticed that the toilets do not have these pipes, wonder if they are concealed behind the WC :(

Wah. Thot those pvc pipes have to be straight aka upright... didnt know can go horizontal. But if they are concealed, all the better! At least you do not need to see and it becoming an eyesore. :good:

did so much that i am so lazy to think anymore..waiting for 1 more quote before we decide this sat...mine is just a 3room resale and due to much hacking and carpentry, my budget CMI leh..so trying to save as much as possible..theme will be modern and zen lor..doing WIW too..cannot imagine a 3room to do WIW but is my dream leh :)

waiting for your 3D picture :):P

Ask your potential ID to be as creative as possible la :help:

WTB initially wanted zen theme too but scare too much wood house will look dark, in the end, choose tainted glass (mirror) and dark colours for feature walls & cabinets so house still dark dark de... :(

Will try and post more pics soon, hehehe...

Wah. Thot those pvc pipes have to be straight aka upright... didnt know can go horizontal. But if they are concealed, all the better! At least you do not need to see and it becoming an eyesore. :good:

Not sure too... toilet looks neater without those pipes but then find that the toilet is really VERY VERY small, wonder if other neighbours got this complain too? :bow:

Edited by jjcian

Ask your potential ID to be as creative as possible la :good:

WTB initially wanted zen theme too but scare too much wood house will look dark, in the end, choose tainted glass (mirror) and dark colours for feature walls & cabinets so house still dark dark de... :notti:

ya lor thats why flooring and painting will be all in cream white colour..i still like walnut colour and i think easier to maintain..dirty not very obvious ma..hahaha working wife still need to do housework very siong wan leh :dunno:

planned to have glass doors separating living and kitchen but shifu said fengshui no good for my layout, think can only have glass on 1 side and the other got to be a wall liao..duno look funny or not...

hihi, juz sent u a pm~

:dancingqueen:

Just PM you back, seeya on Sat :lol:

ya lor thats why flooring and painting will be all in cream white colour..i still like walnut colour and i think easier to maintain..dirty not very obvious ma..hahaha working wife still need to do housework very siong wan leh :)

planned to have glass doors separating living and kitchen but shifu said fengshui no good for my layout, think can only have glass on 1 side and the other got to be a wall liao..duno look funny or not...

I love glass too... if I have more $$ I'll have hacked another wall and replace with glass divider :)

Hehe.. That means more pics coming from you soon? :lol:

Ok, the Week 2 pics are ready too!! :sport-smiley-004:

A short summary on Week 2, nothing much was done except the construction of the false ceiling & walkway wall to MBR and the painters came to apply the base coat of paint. ID (Iet’s call him B) informed that the carpenter is starting on the carpentry work and hence no major reno work will be done this week.

Alright, here are the pics for your enjoyment!

False Ceiling in Living Room

w21ft6.th.jpg

Living Room Walkway to MBR

w22yp3.th.jpg

Painted Wall in Living Room

w23to5.th.jpg

w24qq3.th.jpg

View from Living Room Window

w25zv1.th.jpg

Painted Wall in Guest Room

w26wu1.th.jpg

w27hg8.th.jpg

Painted Wall in Study Room

w28je1.th.jpg

w29pb3.th.jpg

Painted Wall in MBR

w210ls4.th.jpg

w211ym3.th.jpg

w212tq1.th.jpg

We made a complaint to B during this week (and also in Week 3) – not sure whether we are too anxious (as first time owners) or too fussy but feel that it is best to reflect our concerns to B so that both parties are clear on what are the expectations of each other :sport-smiley-004:

Week 2 Complaint

dew21wg4.th.jpg

We went up after work around 7+pm and found MBR window was not closed by the workers after they left for the day! Cos the floor is parquet and it’s rainy season so we not happy that they forgot to close the window :lol:

Edited by jjcian

I love glass too... if I have more $$ I'll have hacked another wall and replace with glass divider :notti:

Hehe.. That means more pics coming from you soon? :P

mine is 3room so surface area not so big la, that glass doors cost like 2K :lol: maybe just need half the quantity around 1K lor..btw is 12mm thick, at least better quality lah..

no pictures yet leh cos can only start reno after mid may and also haven confirm ID..just spamming in RT..kekeke :notti:

waiting for your 3D pics wor :)

My WTB mentioned that could it be those PVC water pipes? We noticed that the toilets do not have these pipes, wonder if they are concealed behind the WC :lol:

well just to let you know what is behind and above in the toilet.

16022008182.jpg

16022008186.jpg