Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sugarmeg

Tau Interior

Sorry if I ask noob question

whats the difference between a Contractor and an Interior Designer...

I know a contractor will "do" something out like make a wardrobe, make a kitchen cabinet out of materials, whereas an ID only design ?

Lets say if u engage a contractor den will they enage a ID to help draw ? :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone engage Tau as ID but electrical work done by other? currently half way through reno, think the electrical quote for Tau abit on the high side.

Another thing, when quote "Dismantle and install light at existing location." does it include dismantle, installation and connecting to existing light switch ?

Hi,

Could someone share with me Tau's contact?

Do they do meet up at other place besides their office at Tampiness? Coz im staying in the west and not sure of how to drive to the East.

Thanks! :)

Sorry if I ask noob question

whats the difference between a Contractor and an Interior Designer...

I know a contractor will "do" something out like make a wardrobe, make a kitchen cabinet out of materials, whereas an ID only design ?

Lets say if u engage a contractor den will they enage a ID to help draw ? :rolleyes:

Hi,

To wad i know,an id shud haf his own contractors to do the carpentry works etc...of cuz he will be giving the design works on his part and thereafter coordinating the rest of the works to be done.

juz my 0.2 cents... ;)

Hi,

Do they do meet up at other place besides their office at Tampiness? Coz im staying in the west and not sure of how to drive to the East.

Not sure how to drive to the East??

Curious to know whether Tau's do meet-up at other place too.

Arent these id suppose to provide a service and meet us at our convenient location instead?

Anyone?

Yes, we did have a meeting wif kelvin at our new home.

He is veri professional i must say, everything u told him he will start measuring and explaining to us what can or cannot be done.

Still struggling to shortlist all the ID quotation and is a tough job T..T

Hi,

To wad i know,an id shud haf his own contractors to do the carpentry works etc...of cuz he will be giving the design works on his part and thereafter coordinating the rest of the works to be done.

juz my 0.2 cents... ;)

Ok so is an ID and a contractor work hand in hand.

guess the bottom line is I am confuse whether to get a contractor or an ID directly. lol

Ok so is an ID and a contractor work hand in hand.

guess the bottom line is I am confuse whether to get a contractor or an ID directly. lol

Hi Zio,

Im also a newbie in this forum looking for the "right" ID to do up my house. Tentatively searching around in RT. ;)

To my knowledge...of cuz they work hand in hand. Firstly,the id will draw up a design and when u are satisfied,the id will then coordinate wif his/her contractors i.e

1)whether to hack which wall..

2)hack which floor..

3)do up the specified dimensions of the cabinet..

4)paint which wall according to the colours chosen

etc...etc...etc...

To me,i would rather get an ID to settle the design and drawings and let his men do the rest of the job,so when anything cocks-up,i juz need to f*** him.

Think abt it,if u get contractors on ur own,how many pple do u need to f*** when bits of problem cocks-up here n there,and also think abt the amount of time spent solely juz on coordinating the hackers,the painters,plumbers etc etc...

juz my humble opinions,correct me if im wrong...

cheers

Guest poetsdesign

Hi all

What is the best company can I use to renovate my house?

Are there any suggestion?

Thanks

Hi Zio,

Im also a newbie in this forum looking for the "right" ID to do up my house. Tentatively searching around in RT. ;)

To my knowledge...of cuz they work hand in hand. Firstly,the id will draw up a design and when u are satisfied,the id will then coordinate wif his/her contractors i.e

1)whether to hack which wall..

2)hack which floor..

3)do up the specified dimensions of the cabinet..

4)paint which wall according to the colours chosen

etc...etc...etc...

To me,i would rather get an ID to settle the design and drawings and let his men do the rest of the job,so when anything cocks-up,i juz need to f*** him.

Think abt it,if u get contractors on ur own,how many pple do u need to f*** when bits of problem cocks-up here n there,and also think abt the amount of time spent solely juz on coordinating the hackers,the painters,plumbers etc etc...

juz my humble opinions,correct me if im wrong...

cheers

Yes, tink so too.

So have u settled on an ID already, or likely candidate?

Yes, tink so too.

So have u settled on an ID already, or likely candidate?

Hmm...still searching around,as per advised by forumers here,best not to rush into it.

Im also not going to hunt those "big" and "popular" companies as i foresee that their quotes would definitely be much higher in order to cover their overheads and in terms of workmanship,i belief that some neighborhood companies or freelance can also be on-par with their standards. Most importantly,gotta find a good id that consistently goes to site to supervise.Afterall,its the foreigner workers that are doing the hands-on,IDs are the ones who has the call with regards to QC.. :)

You are right.

Never rush thru your renovation process especially in the initially stage where lots of confirmation between you and your id/contractors involved.

Ask, ask and ask.

Never assume your id/contractor know what you are thinking about.

Always assume your id/contractor dont know what you are thinking about.

Any doubts, ask ask ask, be it minor or major.

Dont asume id/contractors knows everything.

Even you engaged ID, you still need to check and see.

Any doubts or not happy, immediately clarify and not keep quiet and wait for them to clarify.

Must be thick skin a bit.

Ask ask ask even though your questions are silly or stu.pid.

Hmm...still searching around,as per advised by forumers here,best not to rush into it.

Im also not going to hunt those "big" and "popular" companies as i foresee that their quotes would definitely be much higher in order to cover their overheads and in terms of workmanship,i belief that some neighborhood companies or freelance can also be on-par with their standards. Most importantly,gotta find a good id that consistently goes to site to supervise.Afterall,its the foreigner workers that are doing the hands-on,IDs are the ones who has the call with regards to QC.. :)

Hi,

Hi soxcotton,

Had sent a PM to u... You can arrange wif them to meet up at ur place or another place to your convenient.. not a problem at all.

Wah so many posts....

Anyway Kelvin tmr coming my place to drill hole for my painting cox my 3m 1kg hooks keep giving way.

Ttz what i call supberb after sale service.

For those who dunno, i collected my place from him in Sept.

Wah so many posts....

Anyway Kelvin tmr coming my place to drill hole for my painting cox my 3m 1kg hooks keep giving way.

Ttz what i call supberb after sale service.

For those who dunno, i collected my place from him in Sept.

i saw that straits times article and some pictures of your house on the glass panel of tau's showroom, very nicely done up :)

2 weeks into reno now... have hacked wall, sealed door, wiring work, false ceiling/L-box... and by end of this week, should be done with painting... hmm, should be able to complete before mid-June... can't wait to move in :P