Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cjb

Anyone Done Glass Backing For Kitchen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest our-home

I think it's either wall tiles or glass backing. No need to have both.

Our kitchen with 6mm full panel tempered glass with white spray painted backing - $680:

CIMG2129.jpg

Edited by our-home

Hi, My ID also packaged 10mm black tempered glass for the whole stretch of wall between the cabinets and hob...

Then the other day, we were visiting his shop, he offered to change to mirrors for us as I was worried that black tempered glass would look dark and white tempered glass brings a greenish tone....

The mirrors are abit brownish more to tea colour and he says that so far, he hasnt got any complaints and customers likes the way it brightens the place and looks good and easy to maintain...

He says that though it is more expensive than tempered glass, he is giving to us to replace our tempered glass without top up... my hubby loves the look and took it....

Anyway, we asked him if we do heavy cooking and it breaks, will t be very expensive to change, he says no lar... not difficult and not very expensive lar.....The point is, he says, you dun go knocking at it lar....

Btw, think no need to have tiles if have glass.....

I think it's either wall tiles or glass backing. No need to have both.

Our kitchen with 6mm full panel tempered glass with white spray painted backing - $680:

CIMG2129.jpg

Very nice kitchen. :)

Hi, My ID also packaged 10mm black tempered glass for the whole stretch of wall between the cabinets and hob...

Then the other day, we were visiting his shop, he offered to change to mirrors for us as I was worried that black tempered glass would look dark and white tempered glass brings a greenish tone....

The mirrors are abit brownish more to tea colour and he says that so far, he hasnt got any complaints and customers likes the way it brightens the place and looks good and easy to maintain...

He says that though it is more expensive than tempered glass, he is giving to us to replace our tempered glass without top up... my hubby loves the look and took it....

Anyway, we asked him if we do heavy cooking and it breaks, will t be very expensive to change, he says no lar... not difficult and not very expensive lar.....The point is, he says, you dun go knocking at it lar....

Btw, think no need to have tiles if have glass.....

Haiz, hopefully it won't break. I wana do glass backing as well. But my hb keeps saying that other pple sae will break. And i very headache.

Haiz, hopefully it won't break. I wana do glass backing as well. But my hb keeps saying that other pple sae will break. And i very headache.

so far, yet to hear of glass backing breaking so shouldnt be a problem

I be changing back to white tempered glass... haha.... cos after the mothers know that we are doing mirrors for backing... been nagging till our ears nearly drop....

So changed back to tempered glass....... decide to go for white instead of black.... guess it will look brighter......

Can someone in the know share their expenditure on glass backing for their kitchen below their hood & behind their hob? And its dimensions: length by width. And what are the range of price quotations for installation of hood? Anyone in the know on these?

Thank u! Thank u!

so far, yet to hear of glass backing breaking so shouldnt be a problem

morning hello!

Heheh, tks for the reassurance! I tink i'll go nag at my hb to let me do glass backing. Hopefully it won't b too x! :)

Very nice kitchen. :)

angel,

so far hvnt heard of glass backing breaking yet also chances of breaking not high i guess...

i will be doing red glass backing for the whole stretch of cabinet... ;)

angel,

so far hvnt heard of glass backing breaking yet also chances of breaking not high i guess...

i will be doing red glass backing for the whole stretch of cabinet... ;)

hi bubble-ling,

so far the only one that i read is gmc's. Then wen i went to search for hobs, got 1 or 2 sales person cautioned me about those tempered glass hobs, saying that there are cases of breakage. I asked them about the glass backing as well. They said that there are cases of breakage as well, even thou it's low percentage.

I guess since it's very low chances of breakage, then i shd b going ahead to do that loh.

Can share how much u're charged for the glass backing? :)

hi bubble-ling,

so far the only one that i read is gmc's. Then wen i went to search for hobs, got 1 or 2 sales person cautioned me about those tempered glass hobs, saying that there are cases of breakage. I asked them about the glass backing as well. They said that there are cases of breakage as well, even thou it's low percentage.

I guess since it's very low chances of breakage, then i shd b going ahead to do that loh.

Can share how much u're charged for the glass backing? :)

nwadays tempered glass hob coms with lifetime warranty when i went to PJ to enquiry..

will pm u my glass backing damages

Hi,

I have only heard from friends that it will crack under instense heat if its near the hob or cooking area. But I have yet to see one which have cracked. If you dun cook often or are a light cooker, it should be fine. I am also considering colored tempered glass or tiles. :D

Hi If its tempered with at least 6mm thick... i think it shd be safe from cracking.. moreover the paint behind is a hardener paint the glass people says... so i believe its safe enuf to withstand the heat from heavy cooking ...