Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cjb

Anyone Done Glass Backing For Kitchen

Hi, everyone

I would like to know anyone have done Glass backing for the Kitchen with or without Stainless Steel Rod mount on it? May I know what type of Glass? Any color coding behind glass? I have saw a toilet in SunTec City. It is a Glass with orange color coding behind it.

Hope you guys can share the information. What is the pro and cons over Glass Backing for Kitchen? Many Thanks to you guys inadvance. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I have only heard from friends that it will crack under instense heat if its near the hob or cooking area. But I have yet to see one which have cracked. If you dun cook often or are a light cooker, it should be fine. I am also considering colored tempered glass or tiles. :D

Hi,

I have only heard from friends that it will crack under instense heat if its near the hob or cooking area. But I have yet to see one which have cracked. If you dun cook often or are a light cooker, it should be fine. I am also considering colored tempered glass or tiles. :D

Hi Diva

what is the estimated cost for doing glass backing?

is this for the hob area only or for the entire kitchen top?

am looking at glass as well.

do we get this from the contractor as well or separately?

thanks

hihi..

i am not sure as mine is a package. but u can check with different contractors to compare the pricing by feet. we did the entire kitchen top. and our id also kindly throw in a small piece at the washing machine area for free just to look swee.

u can get from your contractor or source on your own if other contractor offers a lower price. ;)

Swee

kam xia

:good:

i've been using my glass backing for abt 3mths now.. so far so gd.. been boiling soups for hours.. stew for hours.. stir frying.. almost cooking every day.. n now still as gd.. v satisfying.. n most impt.. it looks very nice!

i've been using my glass backing for abt 3mths now.. so far so gd.. been boiling soups for hours.. stew for hours.. stir frying.. almost cooking every day.. n now still as gd.. v satisfying.. n most impt.. it looks very nice!

... and also easier to clean.

oh yes.. def easy to clean.. when i'm doing light stir fry.. can simply use a wet tissue to wipe over.. or when more intensive cooking session.. jus use the kleen to spray n wipe.. sparkling clean already.. no oil no dirty no stain.. i love it!

Hi Diva

what is the estimated cost for doing glass backing?

is this for the hob area only or for the entire kitchen top?

am looking at glass as well.

do we get this from the contractor as well or separately?

thanks

I'm getting a 6mm thick black tempered glass (2000 mmWx650mmH ) as well for my kitchen. The cost is around 400 but my ID gave it FOC for me :sport-smiley-018: . No picture for now since my reno will only this Saturday :)

I'm getting a 6mm thick black tempered glass (2000 mmWx650mmH ) as well for my kitchen. The cost is around 400 but my ID gave it FOC for me :sport-smiley-018: . No picture for now since my reno will only this Saturday :)

i paid $4xx 6 months back for abt the same dimension as u too and black color tempered glass. easy maintenance as compared to stainless steel. i love it!

Well, try not to go for glass if the backing is going to be behind the cooking stove.

I did mine that way thinking that glass would be easier to clean.

It is easier to clean. And the look was also very beautiful!

BUT it cannot stand the heat from heavy cooking.

The whole thing broke during one of my heavy cooking session one day two months into my living in the home.

Lucky thing the glass is tempered!

End up have to spend another thousand dollars to replace it with stainless steel!

Don't be too believing when people tell you stainless steel is difficult to maintain.

As long as you clean up after each cooking session, it will still look good as new even after years of usage.

Mine is 2 years old and it still looks as good as the day I installed it.

oh oh 8| , too late, we have just done that. Installed tempered black glass on the wall behind and beside the hob.

:jawdrop: will have to watch it then...for sign of it falling off.

Well, try not to go for glass if the backing is going to be behind the cooking stove.

I did mine that way thinking that glass would be easier to clean.

It is easier to clean. And the look was also very beautiful!

BUT it cannot stand the heat from heavy cooking.

The whole thing broke during one of my heavy cooking session one day two months into my living in the home.

Lucky thing the glass is tempered!

End up have to spend another thousand dollars to replace it with stainless steel!

Don't be too believing when people tell you stainless steel is difficult to maintain.

As long as you clean up after each cooking session, it will still look good as new even after years of usage.

Mine is 2 years old and it still looks as good as the day I installed it.

Hi Gnm,

In terms of pricing, which is cheaper? glass or stainless? :dunno:

It depends on the specification of the glass you are comparing. Stainless steel price went sky high before the olympics started. Now, i'm not sure of it.

So far i've not heard of cases where the glass breaks.

Maybe your case unlucky, one in a million.

I've done many homes with glass backings at the stove area. None broke even after a long time.

If you are interested in doing up a glass backing for your kitchen area, price est about $900-1K+ tempered glass comes with colour of your choice.

Call 9145 3646 or 68580750 to see what can be done for you.

cheers