Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reiki

The Reiki Sanctuary

Hi Reiki,

Do you do heavy cooking?

With the location of your hood & hob in this manner, how effective is the hood when you cook?

I am wondering will cooking fumes be "blown" in by the wind coming in from the window?

Hi chergaby,

We don't do heavy cooking but do some light-heavy frying at times (ikan bilis, peanuts, fish). The island hood is rather effective to ward off smell when frying that. We just have to blast it to the maximum when doing it. On other types of cooking, we do not use the hood at all. Hehe, I must add here that the hood does help to minimize the smell of curry too :sport-smiley-004:

I guess we are rather fortunate with our kitchen layout. We have two windows within our kitchen - one is in front and another at the side of the stove:

In Front of Stove

af7348b5.jpg

Side of Stove

8bc28692.jpg

We hardly close the kitchen sliding doors towards the dining and living rooms when cooking. Strangely, even with two windows, there isn't much strong wind that 'blow' the smell into the house.

Regards,

Reiki

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Reiki,

Can check w u for ur vanity... what is the surface top?? Izzit a glass panel?? How is the sink mount onto it...

Ur vanity looks nice....

Can i oso check what is the type of top u use for kitchen?? Granite?

Hope to hear from u. Thanks.

Hi Shawncck,

We use granite for all the vanity top in the common and master toilets. The sinks just 'sit' on top of it as in the picture below:

ec20a99c.jpg

As for our kitchen top, it was (if I remember it correctly) LG solid top.

Regards,

Reiki

Hi Shawncck,

We use granite for all the vanity top in the common and master toilets. The sinks just 'sit' on top of it as in the picture below:

ec20a99c.jpg

As for our kitchen top, it was (if I remember it correctly) LG solid top.

Regards,

Reiki

Thanks Reiki, can i oso check what type/color of granite u use?? It is so shinning... izzit galaxy black?

Hi Reiki,

Thanks for your reply!

I am considering having my hob & hood in the same position as yours, but worry that the wind coming from the window may affect the efficiency of the hood. Not that my house is super windy, just to be sure that it will not a "design flaw".

BTW, I assumed your washer is just at the back of your hob? Are you able to tell me what is the width of the space in between the washer and the window wall?

Edited by chergaby

Thanks Reiki, can i oso check what type/color of granite u use?? It is so shinning... izzit galaxy black?

I believe it is granite galaxy black (can't recall the exact code for the granite top). Yes, I must say that such top is shiny but it does leave water stains if it is not wiped away.

Hi Reiki,

Thanks for your reply!

I am considering having my hob & hood in the same position as yours, but worry that the wind coming from the window may affect the efficiency of the hood. Not that my house is super windy, just to be sure that it will not a "design flaw".

BTW, I assumed your washer is just at the back of your hob? Are you able to tell me what is the width of the space in between the washer and the window wall?

Hi chergaby,

I believe the efficiency of the hood also depends on the CFM; the greater it is, there'll be efficient airflow/blow. Honestly, our island hood is a white elephant as we don't cook much nor would we do heavy cooking.

As for the washer (washing and dryer), we house it inside a cabinet (as in picture).

4e9d21f2.jpg

As our flat is not designed for Singapore Power, we have to build a cabinet to store the gas cylinder (which is just right behind the stove).

18da5c47.jpg

The length of this cabinet is about 40 cm leaving a space of 70 cm to the window.

Dunno just where to post this piece of lobang (news) :sport-smiley-004:

For all new house-owners who are looking/shopping for electrical items, do drop by at Best Denki IMM, Jurong East. They are having Renovation Sales and lots of fridges/washing machine etc on clearance. Not sure when the sales will end.

Happy Shopping!

Hi Reiki,

It took us 2 days reading your blog here and at blogspot. My husband and I are very impressed with the quality and details of your renovation works and the nice photos. Your house looks really comfortable and it is so neat.

Can you share with us your renovation quotation? How much did you spend? We read that your ID was also an architect. Did you have to pay her any professional fee and how much?

Thank you for the good renovation tips. It is really useful to us. We like how you manage to conceal alot of wires and pipes.

Hi reiki, are you also doing reiki healing? Can PM me your contractor number and estimated budget? Thanks a lot. Read some of your blog writings, quite interesting. Youre a good writer. :)

Hi Reiki,

It took us 2 days reading your blog here and at blogspot. My husband and I are very impressed with the quality and details of your renovation works and the nice photos. Your house looks really comfortable and it is so neat.

Can you share with us your renovation quotation? How much did you spend? We read that your ID was also an architect. Did you have to pay her any professional fee and how much?

Thank you for the good renovation tips. It is really useful to us. We like how you manage to conceal alot of wires and pipes.

Ooppss, paiseh paiseh - Sorry for the late reply, zenzenzen.

First off, thanks for reading my blog. And, many thanks for the compliments on the house.

I must say that we didn't have any official quotes for the renovation though we highlighted to our ID our reno budget. But somehow, the budget overblown :bangwall: Still, as we look back today, it was worth it. I must say, today as we live here for three years, things are still good even with the wall paints. I shall PM you the reno cost.

Yes, you are right about our ID. She was a professional architect and interior designing was only her passion. The good thing about having her was her vast knowledge and expertise in construction and reno materials and architectural and building know-how. She had good contacts too. Yes, we paid quite a big sum on her professional fee but never regretted it.

Right from the start, she was very transparent when dealing with all the contractors handling our renovation. She provided us the quotes and where there were discounts and/or trade commissions, these amounts were given back to us. Perhaps, it was such an honest arrangement that we never insisted having an official quote.

I am glad that the Renovation Tips are useful. But credit should go to our ID who educated us on it.

Hi reiki, are you also doing reiki healing? Can PM me your contractor number and estimated budget? Thanks a lot. Read some of your blog writings, quite interesting. Youre a good writer. :)

Hi starbux,

Thank You for reading my blog and many thanks for the kind compliments :sport-smiley-018: Yes, I do reiki healing.

Have PM-ed you the contact and the cost of my renovation.

Cheers!