Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reiki

The Reiki Sanctuary

Hi All,

Have been reading, and lurking, this forum since last year. Stumbled upon it and enjoy reading it everyday. Only recently registered and still don't have much courage to post, or even contribute.

Guess, it is about time to share my excitement here. Had gone for the 1st appointment on 29 April. Had already worked with an ID for the last one month. And waiting patiently for us to be able to collect the keys and start the renovation.

In the meantime, do check out my blog Reiki Sanctuary @ Blogger - This blog traced back our house hunting process. For complete renovation process, [Click Here[; and Photos [Click Here]. For useful Renovation Tips, click HDB Renovation Tips

Cheers!

Some have asked me to upload the original house plan. Here goes:

b088b773.jpg

Edited by Reiki

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For a start, this is the original layout of the flat:

2DOriginalLayout.jpg

And this is what we intend to do:

2DModifiedLayout.jpg

We are extending the mbr toilet and it will be opened without door :notti:

Edited by Reiki

Yay! Upon checking the HDB status, found out that our resale application has been approved. Hopefully, we can get the keys early June - though HDB estimated the completion date to be in 1st half of June.

It makes me wonder whether there are people who managed to get the 2nd appointment 4 weeks from the date of the 1st appointment, rather than the stipulated 6 to 8 weeks?

Spam chop chop :D

Yeah, MBR very big leh...Make so many of us red eyes :notti:

Layout of the unit looks good...What is the location of your flat?

Ah, have been kinda busy lately.

First, to greentea, bluberi and yokine9a:

- The MBR kinda looks big on paper - hopefully, it will be big once we start hacking the walls.

- Location of flat = Jurong East

Update:

01. Technically, I am the owner of the flat wef 9 June. However, since we bought the flat on contra, we need to give the seller a month for them to move out.

We are targetting to get the keys, from them, the last week of this month. *Crossing our fingers*

02. We are still finalizing renovation details with our designer. Have bought quite few stuffs to date.

As the renovation has not started, most of my renovation updates are only posted in My Current Blog - Reiki Sanctuary.

Will start posting of pictures of the renovation here once it is underway.

Cheers! :)

At last, we finally got the keys to our house - after 3 and half months of waiting. Hopefully, renovation can start next week or the week after.

We appreciate what the previous owner did - the house was clean when it was handed over to us.

Some pictures of the house before the modification/renovation:

The Main Door

We will hack away the wall next to the door and replace it with a glass sliding door. It will also be the entrance to the kitchen.

JE-MainDoor-1.jpg

The Dining Area

JE-DiningArea.jpg

The Walkway/Corridor to the 3 Bedrooms and the Store-room

JE-CorridortoBedrooms.jpg

The Balcony

JE-Balcony1.jpg

The existing MBR Wardrobe

We will hack away the wall next to the built-in wardrobe and extend the MBR out to the next room.

JE-MRBWardrobe.jpg

For more update and pictures, can view it at Reiki Sanctuary

Edited by Reiki

For a start, this is the original layout of the flat:

2DOriginalLayout.jpg

And this is what we intend to do:

2DModifiedLayout.jpg

We are extending the mbr toilet and it will be opened without door :notti:

No storeroom?

Great blog.. very clean and structured :) just the way I like it myself. Could you advise me more about the Legrand Mallia switches? Tks :yamseng:

Thanks Starscream.

I suggest that you go down to some electrical hardware shops to have a look at it. Think, it is always better to see it 'real'. :)

No storeroom?

No, we are hacking away the storeroom. In replacement, we will be having lots of built-in wardrobe and storage cabinets.

Reiki: Does Legrand Mallia have the base container (not the switch cover) for houses without concealed wiring? ie. of where this switches are matched onto. I just wanted to find out more before I could find time to go Choo Chiang later.

I suggest that you go down to some electrical hardware shops to have a look at it. Think, it is always better to see it 'real'. :)
Edited by Starscream