Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reiki

The Reiki Sanctuary

We have now gotten all of our furniture that we ordered earlier.

The Dining Set

When we ordered the dining set in August, we were told that we could only get the set in November. Meanwhile, they agreed to loan us a temporary set. Haha, and see how ugly it is!

DSCF2209.jpg

Our dining area today:

The dining set we ordered --> Dining1M.jpg

View of our dining room:

- with the sheer and dress curtains just up

Dining1D.jpg

Still waiting for the acrylic box to cover the led lights along the wall ledges.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

More Pics

One of the reasons that we bought this resale flat is the spacious recess area:

MainGate1Aforblog.jpg

Entrance to the house, as viewed from the living room:

DiningnLiving1D.jpg

The Sofa Set:

Living1C.jpg

The Suspended TV Console

Living1N.jpg

The Sheer and Dress Curtains

Living1F.jpg

Your house is picture perfect! :dribble:

wow. i love ur dining set. simple, clean n sleek.

de living area oso. de floating tv console n the sofa = a perfect combination :dancingqueen:

Thanks tower.

Guess, there's plus minus getting this resale flat. One of the things is not having a gas pipe - not used to having cylinder gas and always feel like the gas gonna empty soon after each cooking. :bangwall:

Looking back, this renovation is such a great life lessons. Surely, it will stay within us down the years ahead.

Err, what is w/m eh? :unsure:

Washing Machine :D

out of curiousity, those "little" downlights, are they bright enough?

Are they energy saver?

From the post pictures, the flat is very cosy and sufficient lited..

hmmm...

:yamseng: Just don't know where to post this, but here it is ...

"HAPPY HOLIDAYS"

[and to a Good 2009]

to all members!

Wishing You Peace, Joy and Good Health to you and your family.

And also to all your loved ones.

We have now gotten all of our furniture that we ordered earlier.

The Dining Set

When we ordered the dining set in August, we were told that we could only get the set in November. Meanwhile, they agreed to loan us a temporary set. Haha, and see how ugly it is!

DSCF2209.jpg

Our dining area today:

The dining set we ordered --> Dining1M.jpg

View of our dining room:

- with the sheer and dress curtains just up

Dining1D.jpg

Still waiting for the acrylic box to cover the led lights along the wall ledges.

Hi Reiki,

u have a nice dining set! think saw it b4. is it from evov? if not, where u bought it? price?

Hi Reiki,

May I know where did you get your sofa?

We bought the sofa from The Furniture Club.

My tips: The best price we got was from The Plaza, Beach Road. Had a good bargain with the manager there.

wow very nice indeed. Classy and modem!!

Thanks for the compliment, Cloudy. :yamseng:

Hi Reiki,

u have a nice dining set! think saw it b4. is it from evov? if not, where u bought it? price?

Thanks cher. Haha, nice set but burnt a big hole in our pocket. :bangwall:

They are from ZXQT. Bought during GSS about S$6K.

WOW! Your flat can be a model showflat already! :dribble:

Care to share with us how much was the reno?

Thanks BunBun. Guess we were lucky to have our architect designer friend to make our dream house into reality. A resale HDB, and an old unit, is not easy to renovate.

When we drew up the renovation plan, our budget was S$60K. However, when we started to renovate, there were more and more addons and we wanted to have good quality finish. Guess, we were kinda fussy too. Plus, we want a house that will last us till retirement - hehehe. In the end, hmm, the cost doubled. :furious:

Thanks cher. Haha, nice set but burnt a big hole in our pocket. :bangwall:

They are from ZXQT. Bought during GSS about S$6K.

Thanks BunBun. Guess we were lucky to have our architect designer friend to make our dream house into reality. A resale HDB, and an old unit, is not easy to renovate.

When we drew up the renovation plan, our budget was S$60K. However, when we started to renovate, there were more and more addons and we wanted to have good quality finish. Guess, we were kinda fussy too. Plus, we want a house that will last us till retirement - hehehe. In the end, hmm, the cost doubled. :furious:

Doubled? Mine my.. As theres a saying going "gd things nv come cheap.. cheap things nv last". Hmmm as long as u r happy i guess its gonna b a worthwhile investment. Ur place will b the "role-model" for me but of cos i dun think i can model my budget to urs. Jus let me drool n b envious from here :dribble: ... Cheers n thanks for sharing~! :thumbs up:

Oh my, your place is definitely making me dizzy with envy. :P

Yes, an old unit is not easy to renovate given that there are alot of things to replace. Just that it does not have to be a costly investment to last till retirement since not everything are permanent enough to withstand the styles that goes by throughout the years. But as long as you and your hubby are happy coming home to a lovely & cosy home like this, it is worthwhile taking the burden off your shoulder relaxing like this. :)

On hindsight, if you guys maintain the home as it is like now, the value might be considerably worth the selling price should you guys want to sell it.