1 x 107mm - 198mm (still new but opened) $13

P1020143-2.jpg

P1020140-1.jpg

bought them but found out not suitable.

they can be used for shower screen.

can PM me first come first serve.

Edited by herbman76

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi.... Can somebody advise whether storage heater is better or instant heater. Heard people instant will cost more electricity? Is it true....... :yamseng:

I am using storage heater but there are pros & cons you may wish to take a look at this article

http://renotalk.com/main/Electronics_Elect...w0101062008.php

Can somebody advise whether storage heater is better or instant heater. Heard instant will cost more electricity? Is it true....... :yamseng:
Better in? Specific questions will yield answers.

The bottom line is storage water heaters drink electricity like waterfall. You can easily calculate the amount of electricity in kWh any electrical appliance consumes.Multiply that figure by the current electricity tariff - I bet anyone will be convinced of the electricity guzzling ability of water heaters, air-con systems, plasma TVs.

The other issue is the water in the pipes of LG units, well, at least in mine, is very cold. Good thing the weather these days is so bloody hot. LOL!

Cold water will require more heat = more electricity = more S$ to bring its temperature up to the temperature set by the thermostat in the storage water heater.

Another rarely known issue of using storage water heaters is that copper water pipes, when carrying hot water over time, will leech into the hot water. This revelation is from personal experience in my unit's common toilet and corroborated by a report I read in the Journal of Japan Research Institute for Advanced Copper-Base Materials and Technologies on an example of pitting corrosion in copper pipes of practical hot water supply:

In a hot water supply system in Hiroshima Care Home Building, hot water at 333K(60 °C.) was supplied for a whole day at the speed of 0.6m/60s in M copper pipes of 14.4 mm in outer diameter and 0.75 mm in thickness. Hot water leaked on bottom side of horizontal copper pipes after 6.5 years of operation. Hot water leaked through pitting corrosion holes on bottom walls of horizontal pipes. The hot water contained chloride ion, Cl - 7.4 mass ppm, nitrate ion, NO3 - 2.6 mass ppm, SO4, sulfate ion - 10.2 mass ppm, and its pH was 5.5. Acidic water is bad for human skin, let alone water laden with toxic chemicals. So parents of babies, toddlers & young children and anyone with skin allergies take great note of this latent health risk.

To prevent the pitting corrosion on the bottom walls of the horizontal pipes, it was performed that:

1. Copper pipes were inclined or installed vertically and not horizontally,
  2. Valves for the air out of pipes were installed
  3. The hot water velocity was increased and air does not remain in pipes
The water velocities in copper pipes should not exceed certain limits to avoid erosion. For hot water systems with temperatures above 140°F (60°C) the velocities should not exceed 2 feet per second (0.6 m/s), which is easily exceeded by the speed of water in the copper pipes in LG units.

I doubt China Construction used Type 'L' thicker copper pipes in our LG units. So my advice is simply skip storage water heaters altogether.

Oh yea, who wanna know the total construction cost of Linear Green? :D

Edited by DSA

Please refer to the below-mentioned hypelink should you require any form of electrical works. Also, please ensure that the Form CS/5H is submitted to our HDB Branch Office for endorsement and arrange with SP Services Ltd to test the new wiring by the electrician.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...ks?OpenDocument

The Form CS/5H can be downloaded via the following hyperlink

http://services.spservices.sg/forms/form_cs5.pdf

:yamseng:

Edited by frederick_chia

DSA Use limus paper to test the pH level of our water? :notti: How muchy is our building cost? I thought this kind of info HDB keep like a golden goose?

frederick_chia AFAIK, electrical test is not compulsory. And there are already 4x15A power points (2 in the toilets for heater, 2 at aircon area) in our house, is that not enough? Are u running CERN or what? :notti:

Hahaha! You can try the litmus test! Literally too!

The cost of construction is public info; it's the land cost that is kept secret as it is 'sold' to HDB by MND.

This is what HDB tendered to China Construction:

Project description:

Proposed new erection of Public Housing Development comprising 10 blocks of 17-storey (total 958 residential units) and 2 blocks of multi-storey carparks with commercial and communal facilities at New Upper Changi Road, Bedok North Ave 3 & Bedok Central

Scope of works:

- 2 blocks of multi-storey carpark with electrical sub-stations, utility centres, pump rooms, consumer switch rooms

- Construction of 10 blocks of 17 storey residential blocks (958 units).

- Commercial facilities at Block 219 including 8 shops, 1 eating house and 1 supermarket Where's the supermarket? Anyone seen it around?

- Precinct amenities including precinct pavilion, shelters, pergolas, footpaths, linkways, drop-off porches, and precinct markets

- Children's playground (Type 1 or Type 2) and fitness corner

- Sanitary, water, gas, fire protection and other plumbing installations

- General site works including trimming, forming embankments and earth mound, turfing, footpaths, steps

- Underground pipe system for LT reticulation cables and telecommunication cables

- Electrical, mechanical and other installations

- Refuse handling equipment instalaltions

- Piling and civil engineering works

- Construction of 15.4m wide road at Bedok Town Centre

Contract period:

Commencement date: 17 August 2005

Completion date: Minor construction at Blk 221 still ongoing

Site area: 33,478 m²

Gross Floor Area: 105,500 m²

Average Plot Ratio: 3.151323257

Owner: Housing And Development Board

Consultants:

Structural - Surbana International Consultants Pte Ltd

Architect - Surbana International Consultants Pte Ltd

M&E - Surbana International Consultants Pte Ltd

Edited by DSA

- Commercial facilities at Block 219 including 8 shops, 1 eating house and 1 supermarket Where's the supermarket? Anyone seen it around?

Supposedly located near the car park lift. Not open yet though.

:good: Ahh...... the insider has spoken! :bow:

Has any operator taken up the space? I couldn't find any info on it. 3 out of the 6 major supermart operators are already in Bedok Town Centre.

Giant & Cold Storage are unlikely to take up this location as it does not fit into their modus operandi. In addition, the walk-on traffic from Bedok Mall/Point is relatively low and Sheng Siong effectively captures most from Bedok MRT/Interchange. Moreover, there should be a supermarket in Bedok Mall/Point after it is completed in the 3rd quarter of 2010. The upside is catchment area from across New Upper Changi Road.

catchbp6.jpg

Thus I conjecture the probability of a supermarket at Blk 219 is rather low as the operational feasibility is in question.

hi!

i got a unit at 220A! just got my keys recently due to some delays but im so glad to have found this thread! :D

just wanna ask, anybody's house here done by this contractor called Mr Sunny? I got him to quote today but have some qualms regarding his credibility because he was previously from another company (he claims) and has set up a company on his own. He has also changed all his contact no.s.

has anybody's flat been renovated by him? how do u guys find his work ethic/workmanship.

thanks and God Bless!

hi!

i got a unit at 220A! just got my keys recently due to some delays but im so glad to have found this thread! :D

just wanna ask, anybody's house here done by this contractor called Mr Sunny? I got him to quote today but have some qualms regarding his credibility because he was previously from another company (he claims) and has set up a company on his own. He has also changed all his contact no.s.

has anybody's flat been renovated by him? how do u guys find his work ethic/workmanship.

thanks and God Bless!

think you should provide more info like where is his company previousl and what is his company now..so that we will know more.... :notti:

Which Sun of a Gun are u referring to?? Edited by DSA

Seems like our Linear Green is rather popular - there are now more than human residents living in this development.... :dribble:

I spotted a Norway Rat scurrying around the refuse collection point of Blk 220B while on my way to Bedok Stadium this morning at 8+ am.

I am not surprised. Sitting in my living room and looking out the window one night, I was greeted by 3 - 4 mickeys playing hide and seek between block 221A and 221B. :sport-smiley-004:

:good: Ahh...... the insider has spoken! :bow:

Has any operator taken up the space? I couldn't find any info on it. 3 out of the 6 major supermart operators are already in Bedok Town Centre.

Giant & Cold Storage are unlikely to take up this location as it does not fit into their modus operandi. In addition, the walk-on traffic from Bedok Mall/Point is relatively low and Sheng Siong effectively captures most from Bedok MRT/Interchange. Moreover, there should be a supermarket in Bedok Mall/Point after it is completed in the 3rd quarter of 2010. The upside is catchment area from across New Upper Changi Road.

catchbp6.jpg

Thus I conjecture the probability of a supermarket at Blk 219 is rather low as the operational feasibility is in question.

Won't be surprise NTUC will have a branch at Blk 219.We have so many coffeeshop behind LG and still a new one opened here .And quite good businese lei.

I think it is good to have one supermarket at blk 219 as ppl walking back from the bus stop can just buy their grossary (toilet paper, soap etc. last min but urgent stuff)on the way back home , especialy raining day. ;)

I am not surprised. Sitting in my living room and looking out the window one night, I was greeted by 3 - 4 mickeys playing hide and seek between block 221A and 221B. :sport-smiley-004:

wondering LG have any cleaner to clean up the common area like corrridor and lift lobby at the moment.It is so dusty just walk out of the unit.If no, should we request to have it started? we already been paying utility fee liao ma. :dunno:

hi!

thanks and God Bless!

hi!

thanks and God Bless!

shouldn't u be getting a few more different contractors to quote before decide to let who to do ur reno?also must make sure their sub-con like carpanter , tiler, painter are experiences or not.like mine, cheapest among the few quotations I get, but turn out poor workmanship, so miserable... :bangwall: