Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
to all neighbours, we are starting our reno... sorry for any inconvenience caused... especially to our neighbours around Blk 221B #**-84... :yamseng:

The tiles that you have chosen, are they considered as stone or granite? Are they expensive?

Supervise The Renovation Works
After getting the permit from HDB, the registered renovation contractor engaged by the flat owners must display the Notice of Renovation Works outside your flat until all your renovation work is completed. The registered renovation contractor is also required to keep the immediate neighbours informed of the renovation works by serving them a notice. Such notice must be served at least 3 days in advance before the commencing of any renovation.

The flat owners are responsible for the renovation work in your flat. Please ensure that the work carried out by the registered renovation contractor is according to HDB’s requirements:
Note the general renovation works can only be carried out between 8.00am to 6.00pm daily. However, noisy renovation works, such as demolition of walls, removing wall/ floor finishes, cutting of tiles and drilling works, etc. are restricted from 9.00am to5.00pm daily during weekdays. Noisy renovation works are not allowed to be carried out on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. There are people living above, below & next door.

The renovation contractor is allowed to use not more than two HDB approved hand-held power tools or their equivalent at any one time to demolish walls and/or removal of wall/ floor finishes. Such works must be completed within three consecutive days. The list of approved tools is available at HDB Branch Offices.

All the renovation works must be completed within one month for existing blocks and four months for new blocks from the date of the renovation permit. Upon the completion of renovation works, please remember to inform HDB Branch Office concerned immediately.

Any recommend for good mover? :good:

My personal recommendation is not to use Shalom. I have bad experience with them when my company shifted office last year. Though they are very efficient, almost 30% of our furniture are either scratched, wheels drop off, cracked, etc.

The tiles that you have chosen, are they considered as stone or granite? Are they expensive?

we are laying granite tiles... gotta top-up around $3k to our ID... =(

Supervise The Renovation Works

My ID told me since our unit not doing hacking, no need to apply renovation permit... hmm...

My ID told me since our unit not doing hacking, no need to apply renovation permit... hmm...

wow.. granite flooring!! swee... reno permit must apply if u doing reno.. no hacking = don need hacking permit that is approved by those money sucking PE...

wow.. granite flooring!! swee... reno permit must apply if u doing reno.. no hacking = don need hacking permit that is approved by those money sucking PE...

Ya, if you do not have a valid reno permit and you are caught doing reno, that is illegal, even if the contractors have a valid HDB license.

Just $3K? Your granite is for the whole house or just the living room? If whole house then it's extremely cheap! I originally wanted to do granite for the whole house (minus those wet areas), but was told that I would have to pay @ least $20K extra (even Ciseern too).

sheesh, my contractor didn't display the reno permit (I suspect he didn't apply also). Now my reno is over liao... how? :horse:

No idea..... Also don't know if you should call to ask or not. But I think what you can do now is to ask your contactor to apply using the current date lor (Cos HDB won't know when you move in mah!).

For my case, in addition to the display of the reno permit, I also receive a stack of papers from HDB directly stating the terms & conditions of the reno permit & blar blar blar.....

Edited by frederick_chia

sheesh, my contractor didn't display the reno permit (I suspect he didn't apply also). Now my reno is over liao... how? :horse:

think some contractor dont really display the reno permit.think should have apply bah..apply free one right?. my display reno permit think is expired one liao.. :unsure:

anyway your reno over liao. bo chap liao lo. haha. :yamseng:

sheesh, my contractor didn't display the reno permit (I suspect he didn't apply also). Now my reno is over liao... how?
Let sleeping dogs lie. If there was no hacking.

Guess who I found has joined Linear Green Group in FaceBook?? Now, has any RenoTalkers not join our hangout in FaceBook? Linear Green Lurkers?

think some contractor dont really display the reno permit.think should have apply bah..apply free one right?. my display reno permit think is expired one liao.. :unsure:

anyway your reno over liao. bo chap liao lo. haha. :yamseng:

It's valid for 3 or 6 months I think. But even expired, can reapply online. Not too sure FOC or not though, but should be part of the package lor..... :notti:

Guess who I found has joined Linear Green Group in FaceBook??

Who???? :notti:

Edited by frederick_chia

It's valid for 3 or 6 months I think. But even expired, can reapply online. Not too sure FOC or not though, but should be part of the package lor..... :notti:
All the renovation works must be completed within one month for existing blocks and four months for new blocks from the date of the renovation permit. Thus, the renovation permit is valid for 1 month for existing flats, 4 months for new flats. Flat owners have to authorise the registered renovation contractors they engaged to submit their renovation application on their behalf. The registered renovation contractor will need to submit the application electronically to HDB. HDB does not charge any fee for the processing of the permit. The renovation permit will be issued free to the flat owner.

Who???? :notti:
U know, I know. Who doesn't know, check it out then.

I found someone's creative re-design of the layout of a LG 5 room unit. Interesting!

I spotted a Norway Rat scurrying around the refuse collection point of Blk 220B while on my way to Bedok Stadium this morning at 8+ am.

1 rat @ Blk 220B = 4 burrows, 4 rats = 16 burrows at Blk 221A, 221B???

Their breeding rate is wickedly fast, with adequate food supply

Life Cycle

Brown rats are capable of mating at three months old. Females come into heat every 4 or 5 days. Females have an average of 3 - 7 litters per year with 6 - 12 pups per litter. That's a minimum of 18 offsprings and maximum of 84 per year or min 1.5 and max 7 new rats every month! Their eyes open at 6 days and they are fully furred by 15 days. After giving birth the female goes back into heat in 24 hours. Adults live for approximately one year.

Rats will infest the areas around a building rather than the building itself. They can create extensive burrow systems but will take advantage of man-made tunnels, such as sewers. They live in extended family groups. Rats are very adaptable and quick to learn and so will exploit any food source, especially where we leave food where they can easily get at it. Wherever there are humans there will be rats not far away!

Think about the potential infestation of Linear Green with rats.... *shudders*

NEA has responded with Operation Linear Green: Rat Race! So effie, would you like to send in your sighting of the mickey mouse family? :thumbs up: Please do, okie? :help:

[Report] Rat Spotted at Blk 220B Rubbish Collection Point = Potential Vermin Infestation

Cc: Abdul Jalil ABDUL AZIZ , Kean Hong LUI

Date: Nov 12, 2008 3:08 PM

Subject: [Report] Rat Spotted at Blk 220B Rubbish Collection Point = Potential Vermin Infestation

Dear Sir,

I refer to your feedback on the abovementioned subject on 8 Nov 2008.

Our survelliance in the town council managed area detected 4 rat burrows near the refuse collection at Blk 220B Bedok Central. We have done one round of treatment to the rat burrows on 10/11/2008. East Coast Town Council have been informed to follow up on the subsequent treatments and to seal the burrows thereafter.

2 As usage of public area in the HDB estate areas come under the purview of the town council . East Coast Town council will be looking into your concern for item number 2 on the cardboard collection area at the void deck of Blk 219A Bedok Central. You may contact East Coast Town Council Property Officer, Mr Ong Chong Ping at 64449549 ext 164 for further enquries.

Yours faithfully

Wong Sally

Environmental Health Officer

South East Regional Office

National Environment Agency