Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Interesting view, but besides using wood for doors to the toilet, what other material?
Aluminium-based bifold door with 4 x acrylic inserts = S$180 only. Although I do not know the cost of the wooden doors, I doubt each is lower than S$180.

Other than cost cutting, why the Surbana International Consultants architect who designed Linear Green, picked wood for the toilets/bathrooms and for the skirting totally eludes me.

Cost cutting by HDB has adversely demoted the build quality of HDB flats which are built by the construction firm who submitted the lowest bid..

Construction cost of each unit of Linear Green is less than S$98,799.

The result of such cost cutting are suffered by each & every Linear Greener.

Edited by DSA

Guys,

Which would you choose? G1, GH1, 50D or 500D?

first choose the system u comfortable with. panny using four/third sys?.. i do believe canon is a much better choice. as for 50D and 500D, it depend what you looking into. 50D for me.

dun pin high hopes, they got more "important" things to handle.

Roger Boss.. 'important' things like? u going to the PC show? it would be a lot better if it is at Expo... :D

Roger Boss.. 'important' things like? u going to the PC show? it would be a lot better if it is at Expo... :D

of cos la. i like to smell people head and touch sweaty arm... and most importantly i love baby in pram!

haha...

Residents can soon gauge town councils - Information on how well the councils are run will be made available.

By Aaron Low

FROM next year, HDB residents can find out how well their town councils are performing. A report card on the 16 town councils will be produced by the Government, which is suggesting that they be assessed in three areas: Cleanliness of the estate, maintenance of facilities and financial management.

This move by the Ministry of National Development, which oversees public housing in Singapore, is to give residents more information on the work of the councils. But before the assessment is carried out, the public will be consulted on what else should be on the list of criteria, the MND said in a statement yesterday. Following people's feedback, its initial list may be altered or added to. The public consultation exercises will be held in the next few months. These include three meetings with residents and town council staff, tapping expert views from industry professionals such as property consultants and an online survey. The list of criteria will be finalised by end-September.

With it, the Housing Board (HDB) and MND will assess the town councils and announce the results of their evaluation next year in the Town Council Management Report (TCMR). The report's aim is to better inform residents about their councils so that they can play a part in shaping their housing estates, said Senior Minister of State for National Development Grace Fu. But to compare them may not be appropriate, she added, as the town councils run estates of different ages or with different types of flats.

So, she said, 'for the TCMR, we will look at the bread-and-butter functions that underpin all town councils, such as cleanliness and maintenance'. The need to evaluate town councils was raised last year when it was revealed in Parliament that several People's Action Party town councils had lost a total of $16 million because of investments in toxic products linked to the failed Lehman Brothers investment bank. It led to calls for greater transparency in how town councils are run. Town councils were set up islandwide in 1989, partly to devolve estate management from the HDB to the local authorities, and to give residents a greater say in how their surroundings should turn out. The councils manage 900,000 flats.

Of the 16 councils, 14 are run by the PAP, and the remaining two by the opposition. Hougang is in the hands of the Worker's Party, while Potong Pasir is run by the Singapore People's Party. Yesterday, town council chairmen welcomed the assessment move, saying it will help them improve. The chairman of Ang Mo Kio-Yio Chu Kang Town Council, Mr Inderjit Singh, said the three broad areas identified by MND are key to what residents demand of town councils. Residents are especially concerned with the cleanliness of common areas and functioning of amenities such as lifts, he said. 'For financial management, I suppose they would look at whether we have enough in the bank to meet the long-term needs of our estate like lift replacement,' said Mr Singh.

Jurong Town Council chairman Halimah Yacob said she already tracked her council's performance in areas such as cleanliness of the estate. But Jalan Besar Town Council chairman Denise Phua hopes the exercise will not turn into another 'Singapore-style ranking system'. She said: 'It is a good idea, but I hope people won't go into overkill and work just to get as high a score as possible. 'It should be about how effective we are, and not just how efficient we are, in terms of numbers and ranking.'

Residents such as Mr Ian Tan, 32, are looking forward to the evaluation. The sales executive, who lives in Bukit Batok, wants to see more transparency in the way funds are managed. 'I want to see how they justify service and conservancy charges and how well their investments are performing compared to other town councils,' he said.

hi guys:

Need to check if the wall got a long line crack.

Who should I contact? Town Council or HDB?

If so, can give me the contacts too.

Gam Xia :yamseng:

HDB.

All matters and issues that pertain to areas within the unit = HDB.

All matters and issues that pertain to common areas = ECTC.

Do note that if the crack is fine, it might be convenient to just paint over the crack with crack-sealing paint.

Coz the other way to remedy the crack is to chisel away the area flanking the crack & apply a netting over the area, then smoothed over by white clay.

Lastly, 1 or 2 coats of paint over the massive affected area = MESSY BESSY.

Edited by DSA

hi..

Those who using m1 bbom internet in bedok.

Is it suck? wah liew... recently the connection is like **** lousy.

Wonder whether is it because of the pc show....

anyone can give me an idea?

morning 8am or night 11pm.. all slow slow de...

hi..

Those who using m1 bbom internet in bedok.

Is it suck? wah liew... recently the connection is like **** lousy.

Wonder whether is it because of the pc show....

anyone can give me an idea?

morning 8am or night 11pm.. all slow slow de...

yeah, same here. It actually went to the point of un-surfable. Pages can't even load at all. only started like 2-3 days ago.

connecting at GPRS seems to be able to surf abit, while 3G totally CMI.... Already lodged a complain at M1 website le.

Edited by hihihi

The issue of weak mobile signal strength has been mentioned in the latest entry of Linear Green RC blog:

....all of us have been experiencing issues with signal strength for our mobile and ECTC is working closely with all the Telcos to expand the base station bandwidth for better signal. Currently they are located at the carparks.
Edited by DSA