Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

I loved BEDOK.... been staying there all my life (26yrs) until i moved to Tampines 2 yrs ago

Hopping to sell off my house in another 3 years time and move back to Bedok

But doubt i can afford the sky-high price!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
they didn't do a good job to clean up the sticky tape residue in the lifts and every floor landing. the entire lift from inside out just look so dirty. if grab onto the lift handles, u're sure to feel those sticky stuff somewhere.

conclusion: area cleaning = FAIL

I even do to extreme, cleaning my common area using soap with water. :(

The cleaning contractor contracted by ECTC generally goes a good job of keeping Linear Green clean but there are some very obvious & visible lapses - the flooring of the lifts' cars is 1 good example. From the looks of it, I doubt the cleaners mop the flooring daily. 10 blocks x 2 lifts per block. Such lapses need Linear Greeners to notify ECTC for remedy & rectification. So RenoTalking Linear Greeners, time to speed dial and email ECTC. On cleanliness & maintenance issues of common areas in Linear Green.

Issued by: Ministry of National Development

Date: 11 June 2009

PUBLIC CONSULTATION TO DEVELOP A TOWN COUNCIL MANAGEMENT REPORT FRAMEWORK COMMENCES
  1. The Ministry of National Development (MND) announced today that it would be seeking expert and public views on developing a Town Council management report framework.

Background

2. In December 2008, MND announced its intention to provide HDB residents with objective information on key areas of Town Council management. In this way, residents can be better informed about their estate, as well as understand better some of the challenges and trade-offs involved in managing their town.

3. Over the last few months, MND/HDB have drafted a preliminary Town Council Management Report (TCMR) framework, and also built up the necessary corporate resources and capacity in preparation for the release of the Report. In order to finalise the TCMR, MND/HDB will be consulting with various stakeholders and the public to seek their views and inputs on the various possible indicators.

Multi-Pronged Consultation Process

4. To kick-start the consultation process, MND/HDB met with all 16 Town Councils in Singapore. Next, starting from end June 2009, MND/HDB will invite HDB residents and other representatives from the Town Councils to three dialogue sessions to hear their views on the TCMR. Each dialogue session will focus on a specific theme:

• Cleanliness;
    • Maintenance; and
    • Financial management

5. In addition, MND/HDB will seek independent expert views from an industry resource panel as well as widen the consultation outreach through an online survey. Details will be announced at a later date.

6. The pilot TCMR framework is expected to be ready for announcement by end September 2009. The first set of results based on the TCMR framework is expected in 2010.

An Evolving Process

7. Commenting on the proposed Town Council Management Report, Senior Minister of State for National Development and Education Ms Grace Fu said,"The 16 Town Councils manage almost 900,000 HDB flats. The different town councils oversee different profiles of residents and flat types with differing needs and preferences. The Town Councils do not have the same start-point. It is therefore not easy to compare Town Councils on the same scale. For the TCMR, we will start by looking at the bread-and-butter functions that underpin all Town Councils, such as cleanliness and maintenance. The TCMR will no doubt evolve over time. The ultimate objective is for the residents to be better informed, so that they can play a part in shaping our housing estates into a more pleasant place for all to live in."

Issued by: Ministry of National Development

Date: 16 July 2009

Participants at a recent dialogue session held to discuss the planned Town Council Management Report (TCMR) agreed that the cleanliness of public estates should be a basic area to be monitored under the proposed framework. Read more. Edited by DSA

I even do to extreme, cleaning my common area using soap with water. :(

u'll probably also need a toothbrush + a standby-corridor. :sport-smiley-004:

Actually with the mentality of some of my neighbours, I can understand why the area is so dirty.

I sometimes see the cleaner 'mop' the lift floors, usually at the early mornings when many people go to work (WTF). He uses a wet mop and go around the area. ie Not train how to mop floor. So end up only pushing dirty water around. EVEN if he successfully mop the lift clean, before it is dry, the next resident that goes in will leave the dirty shoe mark there.

On the common area, he comes around and spray water here and there. When he left, the dirty marks are still there.

I clean my common area too, I will wait till nobody is around then nalpam the area with detergent, then just mop up the dirty water, rinse with another round of clean water then mop up again. When dry, it is very clean. Now, this is WHERE the frustrating part comes in, my neighbours one time observed what I was doing and asked me why so kapoh and do the government job? they say if dirty just complain and the town council will come clean again.

Okay, so from then on I just mop the area around my door, leaving a very obviously clean rectangle. The two neighbours ones are constantly dirty with dark black marks because they heck care. The neighbour children also goes around kicking the walls and leaving their small shoe prints there.

I saw the malay boys that always hang around the garden in the late nights, drinking, and then they will throw the empty cans into the bushes. One of these days we will all die from dengue because of their kind contribution.

So when can we finally be able to fine them, like MRT finally tried after keeping an eye closed for over 10 years and the eating problem keep escalating?

I saw the malay boys that always hang around the garden in the late nights, drinking, and then they will throw the empty cans into the bushes. One of these days we will all die from dengue because of their kind contribution.

So when can we finally be able to fine them, like MRT finally tried after keeping an eye closed for over 10 years and the eating problem keep escalating?

Enforcement against littering in housing estates is a toughie - the Town Council Act, under PART IV which prescribes the FUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF TOWN COUNCIL, does not seem to provide the legal powers of enforcement against littering. The other avenue is ECTC's By-laws which are not released to the residents of East Coast GRC. In any case, the costs of enforcement is high - SMRT deploys 500 employees on roving duty on trains to look out for commuters who eat or drink.

I do agree with most of you that the area is pretty dirty. I am facing problems in my level especially. There is one family on my level who likes to leave their rubbish in the chute area without even attempting to opening up the chute and throw it down. They kind of expect the rubbish to go into the chute themself, this is such a irresponsible act.

Nobody is perfect let alone basic consideration.. yr neighbour's kid likes to playwith marble, on n off every afternoon.. until one day, i cant stand that freaking noise.. went up n asked his grandma to stop the nuisance...

these malay boys n girls are always ard, should be staying below us(some of them)... saw one of the boys kicked the ball n hit the 2nd level wall.. nearly hit the windows.. but what to do.. their parents bo chup..

there are oso a bunch of remote car gamers(not from our estate i believe) occupied our pavillion to run their 'cars'.. n parked illegally on the road(bend), which become 1 way road and block the in/out driver views..

All these inconsiderate acts are happening everywhere.. reports made, complaint done, confronted but end result.. same.. so its all about individual.. just suck thumb n do our part.. de rest is beyond yr control sometimes...

Erm.. any footies here? maybe we can organise a LG soccer team to play at ECP cage? ****.. long time neber play soccer.. itchy.. haha

Edited by yokoyoko

Not really aiming for perfection lah. Just plain, simple cleanliness habits by each individual Linear Greener, which seems to be very much absent.

78.7056% of Linear Greeners are from the Bedok South Ave 3 SERS, 754 families who are from the 1978 & later era while 204 families are probably young & new.

And it is very apparent that the SERS did not upgrade some of these families' boorish & uncouth mindset & their sore lack of social etiquette from 3rd world to the LG standard.

Public behaviour of residents contributes significantly to the state of cleanliness of the estate - there are incorrigible, dirty Linear Greeners who simply discard litter out of their windows.

Ideal situation

The cleaning performance by cleaning service providers in housing estates is meant to adhere to the Singapore Standard for cleaning performance for public housing estate, SS 533 : 2007.

Actual situation

The cleanliness of entire Linear Green precinct is tasked to ONE single cleaner from Clean Solutions Pte Ltd - it is virtually impossible for him to clean all the common areas. And he doesn't work till 6 pm.

In any case, Linear Greeners can help by advising those culprits to refrain from socially bad behaviour when spotted.

While all actual ground conditions of cleanliness in Linear Green should be channelled to ECTC.

Wonder if the newly set up Linear Green RC should be informed as well.

Edited by DSA

I do agree with most of you that the area is pretty dirty. I am facing problems in my level especially. There is one family on my level who likes to leave their rubbish in the chute area without even attempting to opening up the chute and throw it down. They kind of expect the rubbish to go into the chute themself, this is such a irresponsible act.
If this were to happen at my level, I will investigate & establish the unit which houses the trash. Rather than  :argue: with these 垃圾渣, deposit as much rubbish as their electrical & tel riser plus gas & water riser will accomodate & also empty the rubbish in front of their wrought iron gate. Best done after the unit occupiers have gone to sleep.  :ph34r::jammin:

If this were to happen at my level, I will investigate & establish the unit which houses the trash. Rather than  :argue: with these 垃圾渣, deposit as much rubbish as their electrical & tel riser plus gas & water riser will accomodate & also empty the rubbish in front of their wrought iron gate. Best done after the unit occupiers have gone to sleep.  :ph34r::jammin:

Haa haa haa :D I think so too.

Talking about leaving rubbish at my home. There is one wierd case which happens when I am back from a one week business trip. When I came back to my home, I found a shirt, a trousers, a wallet and a stack of letters in front of my house. Called the police immediately and it turn out that it is the act of an old man who leaves at the same storey as me but different block, suffering from 老人痴呆症. Just wondering how did he travel back home from our block since he is almost naked. But this is certainly scary cos I tot got murder case.