Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

guess wat? there is not welding done to my door note when me n my wife went to our unit yest. then sms jovi told her no one came and do up our gate. she ask if friday possieble as all of the demo will be done andthe person (duno who) will do the gate for us. only do the one that drop.

then told her, she must do all the joint! not just 1 as its a security issue and its aproblem. then she says she alreay bring up to HDB andhigher management , how3ever still wting or report. duno y take smak long. anyway, she mention that the MP knows about this issue alreay, hence the HDB must and will give a report to MP.

so to conclude, they build this area like a condo-like surrounding style, yah, the metal gate also condo-like loh exept that it's useless and causes so much worry to us.

hopefully, on tuesday, all can be settle.

just discover my bomb shelter rubber torn liao. call jovi, then can only change on next friday. how? wait loh. sometimes, the black rubber is too tight, then some is torn.

finally my home is 60% ready. will soft launch the house this weekend and stay there but there are still many patches that needs to be touch up. door handle, service balcony pipe ,paint job in MBR.

YokoYoko, nw i belive wat u ever told us that there is never ending cleaning in thenew house. clean and mop is wat we do now...

has anyone realise that there are many sand flies in your home? didnt know they canfly so high up. it's worse than flies. they are almost everywhere. my friend brought his daughter down for a walk and she kana bitten. can feedback on this? anyone having the same problem as me?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
YokoYoko, nw i belive wat u ever told us that there is never ending cleaning in thenew house. clean and mop is wat we do now...

has anyone realise that there are many sand flies in your home? didnt know they canfly so high up. it's worse than flies. they are almost everywhere. my friend brought his daughter down for a walk and she kana bitten. can feedback on this? anyone having the same problem as me?

Ya.. especially yr unit is black n white theme.. haha.. more obvious... bo bian.. own hse must do cleaning even if don like... :( unless u hire maid(those 1 week come n clean once like yr car been cleaned by banga just that they are more frequent..)

the flies gt d*mn alot.. at windows area.. i use insect traps and spray to entertain them.. most r dead but still incoming.. some even attack me when i sprayed n kills mani of their comrades..lolz.. now slightly beta.. u can go to any supermarket n buy those all-insect odourless spray... or maybe after a few months they will be gone? there are also spiders n other insects.. slowly explore.. :)

Mr Lee YS said " You can even see the sea from these apartments!" :rolleyes:

LYS.jpg

Also quote in the article

"HDB apartments with looks - and many facilities - of a condo!" :rolleyes:

An article for sharing...

Edited by big orange

BAD News!!!!!!!!!!

Sauce : Standard Chartered expects a cut in employers’ CPF contribution rate from the current 14.5 percent to 10 percent.

Edited by big orange

Guys, any idea what's the difference between a composite audio cable and a composite video cable? I need to buy 1 composite cable for my HTS but unsure which to buy.

Pls advise. Thanks.

in terms of the wire/cable construction, they are identical but can be used for different purpose. so in ur case, depending on what you need the cable, i.e. between HTS and what?, else very difficult to advise you because there can be a situation where a user requires both the audio and video cable.

hi,anyone knows where to developing good 4R size photos ard bedok? the quality of the photos is important as well as price. the best i can find is $0.15 at Toa payoh. it's too far fm our side just to go there to develop.

Anyone knows?

Edited by darcbleu

hi,anyone knows where to developing good 4R size photos ard bedok? the quality of the photos is important as well as price. the best i can find is $0.15 at Toa payoh. it's too far fm our side just to go there to develop.

Anyone knows?

There is another 1.. the one that develop cheap foto is called "No. 1 color center".. I saw one before at bedok.

Latest story from JOVI... tml no demo.. :( changed to tue.. RC will have a meeting with the HDB guys on this..

Any grassroot ppl here? can help oso.. she mentioned each block at LG gt our own RC but nobody noes.. why they neber announce sia... scare trouble?

i told jovi to suggest the lift security system(fred's staying area.. oppo LG) to the RC and mangament since so mani things happened here...

hope she will mentioned.. if nt anyone free on tue evening can go to the RC centre(where they will held a meeting to discuss on this issue) which is at LG.. 2201b(that side) and suggest to them..

:)

do u know wat time is the demo? if late afternoon, my hubby can go see see. :unsure:

Anyone knows?

The 15cent photo developing shop at TPY also have one at AMK, YISHUN(CHONGPANG)... but not all shops are 15c some are 20c.. i think they gt another shop.. kallang i think.. anything it is better to develop there though is far.. image u develop at 30 n 40 cents... its double! go there walk walk n buy CNY thing lo.. haha

do u know wat time is the demo? if late afternoon, my hubby can go see see. :unsure:

this i not too sure.. is evening time.. maybe u can ask her?

The 15cent photo developing shop at TPY also have one at AMK, YISHUN(CHONGPANG)... but not all shops are 15c some are 20c.. i think they gt another shop.. kallang i think.. anything it is better to develop there though is far.. image u develop at 30 n 40 cents... its double! go there walk walk n buy CNY thing lo.. haha

I think there is one @ Bedok Central near the Poh Heng Jewellery & NTUC, but using Konica paper

****z... you mean those black color fruit flies look-alike are sand flies? :jawdrop:

I was wiping the windows today and there are so many of them flying around me. hmm... come to think of it, my gf got bitten by something... we thought it's mosquitoe bite... I been biten before during NS... but never actually see one before till today... keke... Think I better keep all my windows closed for the time being liao... my gf cannot tahan itchyness one... she will scratch non-stop until her skin bleed... -_-;;

clip_image002_009.jpg
Those are moth flies or drain files.

Moth flies (or drain flies) make up the Family Psychodidae. Drain flies are small, dark, fuzzy, moth-like insects. Drain Flies are called moth flies because of the long hairs on their wings, perhaps they look like small moths. These flies do not move far from the breeding site. They don't fly well at all and usually spend their time close to the site they are infesting. They are often found clinging to the walls of bathrooms, kitchens, or in the basement. During the day, adult flies rest on walls or on the sides of tubs and shower stalls. They become more active at night, hovering over drains, sinks and other breeding areas. As their name implies they are associated with clogged drains, but also to organic matter that may accumulate around sinks and other fixtures in bathrooms. The larvae can survive some fairly strong chemical applied to the drains, so the best method for control is to physically clean (remove the stuff) the drain. These flies rarely occur in large numbers, but may persist throughout the year in small numbers.

Drain flies breed in polluted shallow water or the scum that often collects around drains. In the house, drain flies lay their eggs in the gelatinous material which accumulates on the sides of drains and overflow pipes, and the larvae feed on the decaying organic matter and microscopic plants and animals that occur there. Each female can produce about 100 eggs and, under optimum conditions, development can be completed in two weeks.

Although these flies do not bite, they can be annoying in the house. Control of drain flies should be aimed at control of the breeding sites. The most effective control method is to clean the drain pipes with a stiff brush, removing all the slime in which the flies breed. Sometimes it may be necessary to remove the trap to thoroughly eliminate the breeding media. Pouring hot water down the drain provides short-term control. Drain fly larvae are difficult to drown because they are able to trap air bubbles and remain submerged for a day or more.

Their breeding sites should be the water catchment area at the central refuse chute on the 2nd floor. If it's wet, it's the water leaking from the pipes facing the refuse chute. I encountered this in my block and discovered water was leaking on all the 17 floors. Lodged a report with town council, it was fixed the next day. No more moth flies in my unit. Well, there still the occasional tiny one in the bathroom......and fruit files from the window at the service yard. Edited by DSA

wah, DSA, you reli like an Encyclopedia, every also know. but the sand flies that im referring to is small, black and they dun have big wings. they are everywhere in the house. but i realise they tend to come out of my aircon window which i have block it with a mirror.

i think its also bcos of the sand that is place at the ground floor for renovation use?

YokoYoko, u saw a suspision man yesterday near your neighbour door? what happen? and you called the police?

Care to take pics of those flies u see & post them here? Best is to shoot them with a digital camera in the macro mode, usually denoted with a flower icon.

YokoYoko, u saw a suspision man yesterday near your neighbour door? what happen? and you called the police?

Called the police and then found out it was my neighbour's contractor.. lolz..

Where gt contractor don noe his owner customer unit(he walked in wrong direction - 1st suspicious pt).. close to mid-night(where gt ppl work at this hr..2nd pt).. looking and trying to do something with the gate(3rd pt)...he don look decent - lao beng(4th pt) ...cannot let him run away(5th pt) and i decide to be a 'good' neigbour and called home team lo... hahah..

:sport-smiley-003: